PDA

View Full Version : #21 OU vs. #11 Arizona State

Collier11
3/18/2006, 12:22 AM
OU is up 7-5 going to the 9th inning. McCutcheon gave us a good but not great outing, 7ip, 10 k, 5 er

Collier11
3/18/2006, 12:49 AM
Nate hammons pitched a perfect 8th but gave up a single and a rbi double to start the ninth, savage came in and got a fielders choice at 3rd for out no. 1, then an rbi triple. 7-7 Back to back walks puts the bases loaded with still 1 out

Collier11
3/18/2006, 12:53 AM
and we sucessfully blow a chance at upsetting arizona state in game one. F*ck!!

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2006, 01:11 AM
The 9th suckie.

Ardmore_Sooner
3/18/2006, 11:58 PM
OU 15 ASU 8!! Lets take the series tomorrow boys!

PhxSooner
3/19/2006, 12:11 AM
OU had some big innings tonight. And ASU looks much better without the green leprechaun look.

Big Red Ron
3/19/2006, 09:57 AM
OU 15 ASU 8!! Lets take the series tomorrow boys!What time?

Jay C. Upchurch
3/19/2006, 01:16 PM
OU looks for first series win against ASU on Sunday since 2002

TEMPE, Ariz. — The No. 21 Oklahoma baseball team improved to 18-5 on Saturday against No. 11 Arizona State at Packard Stadium with a convincing 15-8 victory. The win snapped the Sooners’ six-game winless streak in Tempe and dropped ASU to 18-7.

The last time OU defeated ASU on its home field was on March 14, 2003 in a 6-5 game when the Sun Devils were ranked No.1.

The Sooners built a 9-1 lead but the Sun Devils rallied with three runs in the sixth and three more in the seventh to bring the game within two runs, but OU put the game out of reach with a pair of homers by Aaron Ivey and Joe Dunigan. Both home runs were the first of 2006 for Dunigan and Ivey and the second of their careers. The last time Ivey hit a round tripper was on April 8, 2005 (vs. Kansas) and Dunigan’s last long ball came in the Sooners’ 2005 season opener versus Gonzaga on Feb. 12.

OU starter Steven Guerra improved to 7-0 with three strikeouts over 5 2/3 innings and Chuckie Caufield led the offense with a 3-for-5 performance with three runs scored and a RBI. Caufield is riding a seven-game hitting streak (all-multiple hit games) and in that span he is hitting .552, slugging .862 with six doubles, three stolen bases, a home run and seven RBI.

The three-game set concludes on Sunday with first pitch slated for 2 p.m. (CT) and the game will see P.J. Sandoval (3-1, 4.35 ERA) throw for the Sooners. OU will have a chance to win its first series against ASU since 2002.

For more information on OU baseball, visit www.soonersports.com.

OU SID

ouflak
3/19/2006, 03:57 PM
The yahoo broadcast has the Laura Ingram show coming through. Is the third game on somewhere?

Ardmore_Sooner
3/19/2006, 04:48 PM
The game got rained out. Bring on the Baylor Bears!

soonerguild
3/19/2006, 08:02 PM
does anyone else feel really good about this team going into conference play? We spanked asu on sat and shouldve one on friday night. we are hitting the crap out of the ball right now, and our pitching, other than the bullpen, is proving very effective. If we can get some consistency out of our bullpen than we should be a serious team to contend for the conference title. But after the asu you games, i feel really positive about this team.

moving down the road to omaha
BOOMER SOONER

Collier11
3/19/2006, 09:54 PM
I like the look of this team and despite what some tards on this site say, I think golloway is a really good coach and he seems to be pushing all the right buttons so far. I dont think any of us predicted a 18-5 record going into conf. play?

Cam
3/19/2006, 10:26 PM
The game got rained out. Bring on the Baylor Bears!
Rained out in Phoenix? In February? Wow.

Jimminy Crimson
3/19/2006, 11:25 PM
Rained out in Phoenix? In February? Wow.

The ASU focktards didn't put the tarp on the field until at least an hour after the rains started.

Something smells a little fishy. A little bird tells me that the ASU peeps weren't too happy about us whipping on on them yesterday. As Coach said, you gotta raise your eyebrow at their antics...

SeattleOUstudent
3/20/2006, 08:16 AM
does anyone else feel really good about this team going into conference play? We spanked asu on sat and shouldve one on friday night. we are hitting the crap out of the ball right now, and our pitching, other than the bullpen, is proving very effective. If we can get some consistency out of our bullpen than we should be a serious team to contend for the conference title. But after the asu you games, i feel really positive about this team.

moving down the road to omaha
BOOMER SOONER

We are usually 9-8 at this point or something. Im feeling really good about this team. My first appearance in Norman for support will be for Texas. I hate those bastages! Oh, might go for Baylor next weekend.

Collier11
3/20/2006, 11:13 AM
Awww, did I hurt someones feelings...then dont be a tard! On another note, lets put it to Baylor this weekend and get off to a good start in the conference

stoopified
3/21/2006, 07:03 PM
WE looked pretty good early last year so I am cautious but optimistic.

Collier11
3/21/2006, 07:28 PM
WE looked pretty good early last year so I am cautious but optimistic.

Im pretty sure we were 14-9 at this point last year, not 18-5

soonerguild
3/21/2006, 07:55 PM
It just seems to me like we are hitting the ball alot better this year. A couple of times when we go up against a really good ace we have struggled, but in general we have been putting up better numbers than in years past.

BoomerJack
3/22/2006, 11:00 AM
Im pretty sure we were 14-9 at this point last year, not 18-5

Press release from March 22, 2005 said that the Sooners were 12-8 going into conference play. Two scheduled games in 2005 had been postponed.

These coming series with Baylor and Tex. could be very important. It seems that the Sooners have been playing well in late innings: scoring clutch runs, making defensive plays, etc. that keep them in position to win. They've also won a few 1 and 2 run games; that only serves to build their confidence.