PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Hayes quits South Park

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 06:48 AM
Issac Hayes will no longer be the voice of Chef...I guess South Park makes fun of religion :eek: :rolleyes:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/TV/tvshows/showpix100/southpark-chef.jpg

Linky (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/13/south.park.hayes.reut/)

slickdawg
3/17/2006, 07:32 AM
That's too bad, he's an integral part of the show!

bigdsooner
3/17/2006, 07:54 AM
chef was awesome, who's gonna counsel the chidren now :confused:

Howzit
3/17/2006, 08:06 AM
He didn't seem to mind so much when it was other religions being lampooned...wasn't until they made fun of Scientology that he decided to leave.

OU4LIFE
3/17/2006, 08:31 AM
Hypocrisy knows no bounds children

85Sooner
3/17/2006, 08:55 AM
He didn't seem to mind so much when it was other religions being lampooned...wasn't until they made fun of Scientology that he decided to leave.

I noticed that. What a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pieces Hit
3/17/2006, 09:00 AM
Dang, no more salty chocolate balls.

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 09:02 AM
Dang, no more salty chocolate balls.You like salty chocolate balls ??? :eek:

Hatfield
3/17/2006, 10:18 AM
Inside Move: 'South Park' feeling some celeb heat?
Cable net abruptly pulls repeat of Scientology episode

By MICHAEL FLEMING

A repeat of the Scientology episode of 'South Park' was pulled by Comedy Central.

The battle between "South Park""South Park" creators Trey ParkerTrey Parker and Matt StoneMatt Stone and Scientology is escalating.
The dust-up gained steam last week when Isaac Hayes, a practicing Scientologist who has long been the voice of the character Chef, quit after objecting to a "South Park" episode called "Trapped in the Closet," which lampooned both the religion and Tom CruiseTom Cruise.

The skirmish continued this week, when Comedy CentralComedy Central abruptly pulled a repeat of that episode that was scheduled to air Wednesday evening. Showing instead was another memorable segseg which featured Hayes's character, called "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls."

Blog reports pegged the mysterious episode switch to objections raised by Cruise, who, the reports stated, threatened to not promote "Mission: Impossible 3," the summer tentpole for ViacomViacom-owned Paramount.

A spokesman for Cruise denied that Cruise had ever made such a threat. "He never said any such thing about 'Mission: Impossible 3," the spokesman said.

While the "South Park" creators didn't directly comment on Comedy Central's decision to pull the episode, they issued an unusual statement to Daily Variety indicating the battle is not over.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

mrowl
3/17/2006, 10:24 AM
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

LMAO. :D

Hatfield
3/17/2006, 10:27 AM
next season is going to be GREATNESS

OU Adonis
3/17/2006, 10:28 AM
Scientology is the biggest crock out there right about now.

Veritas
3/17/2006, 10:28 AM
Oh, yes, yes it is. :D

mrowl
3/17/2006, 10:29 AM

agree, I bet they replace chefs voice with a shaky cracked high pitched voice guy. :D

mrowl
3/17/2006, 10:32 AM

doesn't it start Wednesday?

handcrafted
3/17/2006, 10:35 AM
I haven't watched SP in quite some time, but I might start back watching, just to see the carnage. :D

SCOUT
3/17/2006, 10:44 AM
I will admit that I don't watch SP all that often but when I do it is pretty funny. I saw an interview with the two guys who created it and they seemed like genuine guys. They also had that scorched earth sense of humor. They said that when the show first came out a critic wrote that the animation could not get any worse. So the drew the little kids with their heads cut in half when they talked. They wrote the critic asking if he thought the animation had improved.

They should have a field day with Chef.

OU4LIFE
3/17/2006, 10:57 AM
every episode next season should have a scientology reference, children.

handcrafted
3/17/2006, 11:04 AM
The only thing that might kill the buzz is if Isaac Hayes threatens to sue them if they use Chef as a character. He might claim that the character was so related to him that it's using his image for profit without his permission. Not saying he'd win, but he could cause enough financial trouble that Parker and Stone might have to back off.

Dio
3/17/2006, 11:09 AM
WE HAVE A VERITAS SIGHTING!

Hatfield
3/17/2006, 11:13 AM
The only thing that might kill the buzz is if Isaac Hayes threatens to sue them if they use Chef as a character. He might claim that the character was so related to him that it's using his image for profit without his permission. Not saying he'd win, but he could cause enough financial trouble that Parker and Stone might have to back off.

guarantee that chef is the property of south park and that would be in his contract...that wouldn't be a problem.

mdklatt
3/17/2006, 11:13 AM
The only thing that might kill the buzz is if Isaac Hayes threatens to sue them if they use Chef as a character. He might claim that the character was so related to him that it's using his image for profit without his permission.

What if they just start going after Isaac Hayes directly? They tear into real people all the time, and apparently can get away with it.

This is going to be awesome for sure.

handcrafted
3/17/2006, 11:17 AM
What if they just start going after Isaac Hayes directly? They tear into real people all the time, and apparently can get away with it.

This is going to be awesome for sure.

That'd probably work, because that's satire of a public figure. They should replace Chef with a cartoon Isaac Hayes!

They'd have to find somebody that can do a good voice impression of him though.

sooneron
3/17/2006, 11:18 AM
Barry White?

sooneron
3/17/2006, 11:21 AM
Dumb move on Isaac's part

There is NO way that Cruise wouldn't promote MI3. He stands to lose too much money on the back end. I believe he's either exec prod or prod on the film. Not to mention, his career has pretty much been through Paramount.

Scott D
3/17/2006, 11:29 AM
Barry White?

I danno, think he can do a good Isaac Hayes voice from the grave?

sooneron
3/17/2006, 11:47 AM
Well, Lou Rawls is gone, he would have been my second choice.

1stTimeCaller
3/17/2006, 11:49 AM
PeeWee Herman's voice is my choice

Hatfield
3/17/2006, 11:52 AM
Mr. T

enough said

1stTimeCaller
3/17/2006, 11:57 AM
I bet Chef and Mrs. Garrison hook up

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 12:39 PM
I danno, think he can do a good Isaac Hayes voice from the grave?HEH...you never know...TV magic and all. ;)

OKC Sooner
3/17/2006, 12:52 PM
James Earl Jones, maybe?

'Come over to the dark side, children.'

'Cartman, I am your father.'

SCOUT
3/17/2006, 12:54 PM
Michael Clarke Duncan would sound pretty good. He seems to have a sense of humor too.