PDA

View Full Version : Applebee's new shrimp menu

achiro
3/16/2006, 06:12 PM
You gotta try the PARMESAN CRUSTED SHRIMP PENNE.

But only if you like that sort of thing.

and aren't allergic to shellfish

or parmesan

or on a diet

mdklatt
3/16/2006, 06:13 PM
You gotta try the PARMESAN CRUSTED SHRIMP PENNE.

But only if you like that sort of thing.

and aren't allergic to shellfish

or parmesan

or on a diet

or think Applebee's sucks

Mjcpr
3/16/2006, 06:15 PM
Do they have scallops?

achiro
3/16/2006, 06:16 PM
I think applebee's sucks, this really doesn't though. Of course I live in Enid and Applebees, Chili's, El Chico, and Rib crib are our only choices.

http://www.applebees.com/menu/images/details/c206_parm_shrimp_pasta_det.jpg

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 06:23 PM
The best dish at any chain restaurant is the Mixed Grill at Olive Garden.

Tiptonsooner
3/16/2006, 06:31 PM
Is Philly's still in Enid? I had to work in Enid several years ago, it was pretty good grub then.

Vaevictis
3/16/2006, 06:47 PM
The best dish at any chain restaurant is the Mixed Grill at Olive Garden.

Assuming you can tolerate the Olive Garden in the first place.

(I prefer Macaroni Grill by far, mostly because it doesn't suck. Especially the Penne Rustica :) )

achiro
3/16/2006, 06:54 PM
Is Philly's still in Enid? I had to work in Enid several years ago, it was pretty good grub then.

Never heard of Philly's so I assume its not around anymore.

lexsooner
3/16/2006, 07:49 PM
I think applebee's sucks, this really doesn't though. Of course I live in Enid and Applebees, Chili's, El Chico, and Rib crib are our only choices.

http://www.applebees.com/menu/images/details/c206_parm_shrimp_pasta_det.jpg

El Chico es muy mal. About all local chains or mom and pop Mexican places beat El Chico by far. Their food is ok and reasonably priced, but Applebee's, like about all national family chain restaurants, is full of screaming babies and noisy kids all around you. Families eat out more these days and choose to behave like they do at home - food all over the floor and loud kids. Civility and manners have gone the way of mom and pop restaurants. Eating out is no longer a special thing but more like a norm with today's busy families, so why not act as bad as you do at home?

mrowl
3/16/2006, 07:51 PM
or think Applebee's sucks

<high five>

opksooner
3/16/2006, 08:11 PM
......all national family chain restaurants, .. full of screaming babies and noisy kids all around you. Families eat out more these days and choose to behave like they do at home - food all over the floor and loud kids. Civility and manners have gone the way of mom and pop restaurants. Eating out is no longer a special thing but more like a norm with today's busy families, so why not act as bad as you do at home?
lex, you have nailed it. Absolutely nailed it.

Newbomb Turk
3/16/2006, 08:22 PM
but Applebee's, like about all national family chain restaurants, is full of screaming babies and noisy kids all around you. Families eat out more these days and choose to behave like they do at home - food all over the floor and loud kids. Civility and manners have gone the way of mom and pop restaurants. Eating out is no longer a special thing but more like a norm with today's busy families, so why not act as bad as you do at home?

That is an excellent point. That is also one of the reasons the wife and I prefer to stay home, spend a few bucks on something decent, prepare it ourselves, and enjoy.

proud gonzo
3/16/2006, 09:17 PM
WOOHOO!!

I'm allergic to shellfish :D

OU-HSV
3/16/2006, 09:20 PM
All I know is their new shrimp commercial (spoof of Gilligans Island) is the succ

King Crimson
3/16/2006, 09:50 PM
All I know is their new shrimp commercial (spoof of Gilligans Island) is the succ

and the great thing is it's on about 10 times an hour during the NCAA tournament.

cheap shrimp are disgusting. from someone who worked high-end food service for over 5 years. they are frozen in bricks and their own **** sacks. it's like eating a cockroach.

OU-HSV
3/16/2006, 09:54 PM
and the great thing is it's on about 10 times an hour during the NCAA tournament.

cheap shrimp are disgusting. from someone who worked high-end food service for over 5 years. they are frozen in bricks and their own **** sacks. it's like eating a cockroach.
Yeah they've been on quite a bit lately:mad:

Great, I'll never eat restaurant shrimp again. (Of course I don't eat much seafood anyways)

afs
3/16/2006, 11:05 PM
Never heard of Philly's so I assume its not around anymore.

Philly's used to be down the street (east) of Garfield Furniture, Maine St. I believe. Then they tried a store at the mall.

No they're not around anymore. I think Fat and Skinnies still is.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/16/2006, 11:19 PM
<high five>and another one