PDA

View Full Version : Serious question.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 03:47 PM
What did the OU BB team do/show last year that made you think they'd be much better this year? When I saw the preseason polls having us in the top 10 I wondered ........why?? When Lavender left I didn't think we'd be as good as we were last year and certainly not top 10. I did however think we had smarter players. I was wrong about that.

NormanPride
3/16/2006, 03:50 PM
I thought Nate Carter could come in and provide a mid-range game that the team lacked. And I thought Neal would come in and pick up where we left off at our 3-shooter.

Silly me. KS teams don't shoot midrange jumpers unless they're off-balance!

Taxman71
3/16/2006, 03:51 PM
As ****ed as I am as Coach Sampson right now, if Lavender had stayed, we would still be in the tourney as a top 4 seed. He was not a world-beater in his two years here, but he could get the ball up the court.

william_brasky
3/16/2006, 03:54 PM
I thought they'd be better simply because of experience and improvement and confidence of Taj Gray. Not Top 5 better. Maybe Top 10 in the preseason. Definitely top 15.

OUstud
3/16/2006, 05:47 PM
I thought we were going to speed up the offense. I thought Drew and McKenzie were cancers. I thought TE, with a year of experience, would continually dish to Taj and Kevin in the post and not turn it over. I thought Nate Carter was the second coming. I thought Taj would average at least 16-6 a game. I thought the Big XII was down.

I thought wrong.

boomersooner82
3/16/2006, 08:16 PM
I thought not having Drew out there would make us better on the defensive end, I thought Nate would provide more on both sides of the ball, and I figured a team that won the regular season Big 12 title could only benefit from having a season playing together under their belt... Obviously, I was mistaken.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Kelvin winning his first conference championship in 11 years made me think things were going to be great.

MojoRisen
3/16/2006, 09:43 PM
Drew Lavender- will be a star for Xavier. Defensive liability- man he was our spark last year..

Just me maybe but whom else I have watched games with- with/out opinions were that he was a very good player- with a lot of energy!

Cam
3/16/2006, 09:56 PM
Oh, I don't know. Share of the conference title last year, 3 Senior starters, 1 pre-season Big 12 POY, absolute falatial job regarding the new players, comments by people much, much closer to the program than any of us.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. From now on, I'll just keep my expectations low so that I'm pleasently surprised if they do well.