PDA

View Full Version : CBS Tourney Announcers

OUTromBoNado
3/16/2006, 02:26 PM
What do you guys think of the CBS announcers? We've complained about everything else this year except CBS announcers, so I thought I'd start a thread on that.

While watching OU's game today, I got so fed up and p***** off with the commentators I had to mute the TV. I cannot stand the love fest for underdogs. I mean, I love to root for underdogs just like the next man, but call the game down the middle.

And there was also this little gem in the first half.....
Announcer 1: "Bob Stoops should talk to some of these guards. They're making some good passes and completetions."

Announcer 2: "Yeah, Oklahoma's football team had a little bit of trouble with the passing game this year."

STFU, CBS!!!!!~``Stick to talking about basketball. Don't start talking football because the team on the floor is a "football school." Don't do that s***. Stick to something you sort of now about....like SEC football and the NCAA tourney!!!!

Glad I got that out. Feel better now.

Statalyzer
3/16/2006, 02:46 PM
I cannot stand the love fest for underdogs.

In this case, it was deserved.

OUTromBoNado
3/16/2006, 03:11 PM
In this case, it was deserved.

True, it was. But I've often noticed that anytime an underdog is doing well, even if the favorite is playing really well too, that the commentators generally do nothing but heap praise on the underdogs.

I know it's usually because it's such a surprise. And it's to "inform" the public that may not know much about these other teams, but for crying out loud....

I was just really frustrated during OUr game. I was having my first Dr. Pepper of the day with about 8 minutes left in the game. I'm better now. I've mellowed.

Statalyzer
3/16/2006, 03:22 PM
What annoys me is that often times, the annoucer probably hasn't heard of a single player on the mid-major team until looking over stats and such a couple of days before the game.

Then whichever player steps up that game, they talk about how he's such a great hustler and always provides his team with energy, leadership, blah blah blah, and what an underrated player he is, as if they've followed the guy his entire college career.

OUTromBoNado
3/16/2006, 04:08 PM
What annoys me is that often times, the annoucer probably hasn't heard of a single player on the mid-major team until looking over stats and such a couple of days before the game.

Then whichever player steps up that game, they talk about how he's such a great hustler and always provides his team with energy, leadership, blah blah blah, and what an underrated player he is, as if they've followed the guy his entire college career.

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. It's all about the Hype Machine.

walkoffsooner
3/16/2006, 05:36 PM
I was off work today saw two or three sports shows pick against ou said we had no chance.