PDA

View Full Version : Sex Offenders Mugs Popping Up On Billboard - Good or Bad?

VeeJay
3/16/2006, 12:39 PM
http://clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060316/NEWS/60316012

If you have a small child, I'm guessing most would say this is a good idea.

Pieces Hit
3/16/2006, 12:41 PM
I'll let you know after my court date.

mdklatt
3/16/2006, 01:22 PM
Why stop at sex offenders?

Okla-homey
3/16/2006, 02:22 PM
here's the thing. To me, either lock 'em away forever (which courts are loathe to do because of pesky laws and stuff) or turn 'em loose and give them a chance at living a normal (but sex offense-free) life.

When society makes these guys wear the equivalent of a sign around their necks that says "SEX OFFENDER: stay back 100 feet" that's pretty harsh. I mean, how can any of these guys hope to live anywhere a normal life when they are treated that way? We used to make lepers walk around with a bell and required them to shout "Unclean!" to anyone who approached. Is that what we want to do to these admittedly very sick people?

Now, please don't go nuts on me. I'm not advocating on behalf of sex offender rights or anything, but just seems to me if we are so sure they will repeat, then WTF don't we just shoot them in the left eyeball and get it over with.

just saying.

Pieces Hit
3/16/2006, 02:28 PM
I say castrate them and let bygones be bygones.

ousoonerfan
3/16/2006, 04:30 PM
These creeps should not be allowed to live within society because they can't handle it.

Billboards? Bad idea. Regular Joe's would be taking the law into their own hands.

Life in prison? Too expensive.

Give them the needle after the first offense? Absolutely, and no need for the billboard.

slickdawg
3/16/2006, 04:50 PM
I say castrate them and let bygones be bygones.

Exactly.

There is no such thing as "recovery" for perverts, particularly folks that
molest children. Castrate them and solve the problem.