PDA

View Full Version : Dear Congress, please stop. thank you.

Hatfield
3/16/2006, 11:55 AM
U.S. Senate approves bill permitting government to borrow another $781 billion, bringing national debt limit to nearly $9 trillion.

ehh...it's just money i guess

sooneron
3/16/2006, 11:56 AM
It's make believe money anyway.

mdklatt
3/16/2006, 11:57 AM
WE'RE AT WAR FOR THE CHILDREN!

Hatfield
3/16/2006, 11:58 AM
WE'RE AT WAR AGAINST THE CHILDREN'S BANK ACCOUNT!

HMMM

mdklatt
3/16/2006, 11:59 AM
HMMM

That too.

Howzit
3/16/2006, 12:02 PM
You can't take it with you...

NormanPride
3/16/2006, 12:12 PM
Old people suck. :mad:

Harry Beanbag
3/16/2006, 12:13 PM
That's a lot of money.

Pieces Hit
3/16/2006, 12:19 PM
Dennis Miller put it best -

"Who do we owe this money to? F em!"

BeetDigger
3/16/2006, 01:21 PM
If we need more money, we just print more. How difficult is that?

Stoop Dawg
3/16/2006, 01:42 PM
"Who do we owe this money to? F em!"

Investors who buy govt bonds.

F people who don't know what the hell they're talking about!

Stoop Dawg
3/16/2006, 01:43 PM
If we need more money, we just print more. How difficult is that?

If the govt printed $9 trillion and put it into circulation, your $1 would be virtually worthless. Personally, I'd rather that not happen.

mdklatt
3/16/2006, 01:45 PM
If the govt printed $9 trillion and put it into circulation, your $1 would be virtually worthless. Personally, I'd rather that not happen.

But then we'd all be making mad Bruce money.

IN.

1stTimeCaller
3/16/2006, 01:52 PM
N

BeetDigger
3/16/2006, 01:53 PM

I guess I need to make it more obvious when I make TIC comments.

BeetDigger
3/16/2006, 01:56 PM
Investors who buy govt bonds.

F people who don't know what the hell they're talking about!

Dennis Miller was making a comedic remark. Given that he is, in fact, a comedian, I would say that he DOES know what he is talking about.

Take off the serious glasses and put on those light hearted one's. Blow the dust off first however. :mack:

Stoop Dawg
3/16/2006, 02:06 PM
Dennis Miller was making a comedic remark. Given that he is, in fact, a comedian, I would say that he DOES know what he is talking about.

Since he's a comedian he obviosly knows what he's talking about when it comes to govt debt? That doesn't make sense.

Regardless, I hear serious questions like those posed by you and DM fairly regularly. Actors and comedians spout off on politics and other areas in which they have no knowledge all the time. I apologize for not realizing that you and DM were joking and these other people are not. I'll try to do better.

BeetDigger
3/16/2006, 02:12 PM
Since he's a comedian he obviosly knows what he's talking about when it comes to govt debt? That doesn't make sense.

No, you missed the point. I would say comedians know a lot about jokes. And given that he is a comedian, whose job it is to make jokes, then who better to make a joke than a comedian. That makes sense.

Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex.

jeremy885
3/16/2006, 03:05 PM
thanks for the sig Beet

Stoop Dawg
3/17/2006, 03:35 PM
No, you missed the point. I would say comedians know a lot about jokes. And given that he is a comedian, whose job it is to make jokes, then who better to make a joke than a comedian. That makes sense.

Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex.

Haha! Good one!

KaiserSooner
3/17/2006, 04:28 PM
Which makes one wonder why anyone would vote for a political party (uh, the GOP) that has the fiscal conservatism mantra down pat, yet does precisely the opposite in practice. For 11 straight years, in fact.

It's a wonder fiscal conservatism even works anymore as a piece of election time propaganda. Fiscal conservatism is as dead as Calvin Coolidge, and neither party will truly pursue it, no matter how passionately and believably they sell it at election time.

Stoop Dawg
3/17/2006, 04:36 PM
Which makes one wonder why anyone would vote for a political party (uh, the GOP) that has the fiscal conservatism mantra down pat, yet does precisely the opposite in practice. For 11 straight years, in fact.

It's a wonder fiscal conservatism even works anymore as a piece of election time propaganda. Fiscal conservatism is as dead as Calvin Coolidge, and neither party will truly pursue it, no matter how passionately and believably they sell it at election time.

Stop it, you guys are killing me!!

LOL!!1!

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/17/2006, 04:50 PM
Do you know that if the National Debt was cancelled...the world's economy would crash and I have a feeling the better parts of the bible would start happening, I am just saying...the National Debt might not be the worst thing ever.

mdklatt
3/17/2006, 05:01 PM
Do you know that if the National Debt was cancelled...the world's economy would crash and I have a feeling the better parts of the bible would start happening, I am just saying...the National Debt might not be the worst thing ever.

If everybody paid off their credit cards every month VISA and Master Card would go out of business, so maybe we should all max our credit cards out.

1stTimeCaller
3/17/2006, 05:02 PM
If everybody paid off their credit cards every month VISA and Master Card would go out of business, so maybe we should all max our credit cards out.

no they wouldn't

mdklatt
3/17/2006, 05:03 PM
no they wouldn't

Spoil sport.

1stTimeCaller
3/17/2006, 05:04 PM
:D