PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma 3.2 vs Milwaukee's Beast - Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/16/2006, 03:29 PM
You guys just blew the hell out of one of my brackets.

i have 6 brackets and didn't pick us to win this game in one of them. i looked at their stat sheet and saw they have 2 guards averaging 47/game between them. i knew we were in for total pwnage...

U-T
3/16/2006, 03:29 PM
I can't hear you, Ron. Our team is still in the ncaa tournament actually winning games

oumartin
3/16/2006, 03:31 PM
man, you let them win one meaningful NC in a sport that actually matters and they think they own our boards.

I'm with GDC from here on out..

Why we don't ban whorns is beyond me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/16/2006, 03:32 PM
Running offensive sets = passing to Courtney Paris and standing around to either watch her score, or standing around waiting for the pass to come out of the quadruple team for an open 3. It isn't the offensive set, it's the recruiting of a perfect match of players. The men's team doesn't have that natural offensive chemistry.

Have you actually ever watched our girls play? About 7 out of 10 times they score before the other team has all 5 girls past half court. How do you explain OU's women great offenses before Courtney? Courtney helps because she is an excellent passer and helps them when they have to slow down. Plus she helps them on defense which had been a weakness before her and Ashley showed up. One of the reasons Courtney creates so many open shots is because Higgins, Welch, Rush, Etc al....never quit moving.

Taxman71
3/16/2006, 03:33 PM
Don't try to talk logic with a whorn, it is useless.

Rather than banning whorns, I prefer to archive their posts and revisit them each mid-October.

mOUse
3/16/2006, 03:34 PM
Not to mention the fact that he continually puts our team down while he promotes our opponent. It may be tough love, but it also cost us an ingredient that could have made our season more successful.

I don't think KS is an idiot by any means. Fantastic Defensive intensity! But, I am starting to think there is a reason some offensive minded players go elsewhere. Maybe defensive tunnel vision isn't the answer. Sometimes, in some stretches its good to let them play.
I've got to look to several schools and their recent success, in large due to their coach.
UAB, Nevada, Pacific, Saint Joseph, So. Ill and now throw in UW-M. They have all had more success in the last three tourneys. We can't rest on our performance from 2003 and expect players to just come to Norman. We need a recruiter! I don't know what acedemic requirements there are for these schools, but somehow they have built up some fantastic teams. My Guess is its a recruiting coach.
Food for thought.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/16/2006, 03:36 PM
I can't hear you, Ron. Our team is still in the ncaa tournament actually winning games

Remind me, what happened in your last NCAA tournament game...in fact remind me of what happened in your last Tournament game....I was so impressed with how you whooped Kansas...Texas is a tournament winning school...

sooneron
3/16/2006, 03:38 PM
Could we look to the departure of Terry Evans as a turning point?

GottaHavePride
3/16/2006, 03:38 PM

If by that you mean you haven't played yet, then OK. Claiming the game before the fact smacks a bit of arrogance.

oumartin
3/16/2006, 03:39 PM
yeah, but terry evans wasn't on staff for the final four year was he? i thunk he came in with D'angelo.

Phil
3/16/2006, 03:39 PM
All right, that's enough. It's womens hoops tourney/spring football season.

sooneron
3/16/2006, 03:40 PM
yeah, but terry evans wasn't on staff for the final four year was he? i thunk he came in with D'angelo.
I can't remember. He prolly did. Who was the ***'t that left after the Elite 8 year?