PDA

View Full Version : I cut the tip of my finger off today.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:16 AM
I was cutting drywall and ...........slice. I took about 1/4 inch off the tip of my lefy index finger. I put some duct tape on it and went back to work. After I took a shower tonight I had my wife dump alcohol on it. I put some neosporin on it and bandaged it up. Its throbbing now. Just thought you'd like to know.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 01:17 AM
My God man!
Spek to you for not wussying out and seeing a doctor.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:22 AM
I showed my wife the hunk of meat I cut off. I thought she was gonna vomit. :D

starclassic tama
3/16/2006, 01:23 AM
a quarter inch? either your full of it, or the antichrist because that's a lot of finger to get cut off and not see a doctor.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:24 AM
a quarter inch? either your full of it, or the antichrist because that's a lot of finger to get cut off and not see a doctor.
My wife kept telling me to go. Having no insurance played a major role.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 01:25 AM

He's neither full of it nor the anti-christ; that's being a real man!

My dad's a doc but I refuse to see any of them under almost any circumstance. They're all mad I tell you. If I'm bleeding internally then MAYBE I'll go to the doctor.

chriscappel
3/16/2006, 01:26 AM
I did the same thing but cutting onions at eork....i was forced to go to the doc and get it cauterized shut....hurt like a beeotch!!

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:28 AM
I squeezed down on it right after I cut it so it barely bled. When I cleaned it later that was a whole different story.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 01:35 AM
My fish year I drove down to Austin with a friend to eat dinner at Stubb's. Anyway, I'm on the side of the street and there's a "Do Not Walk" sign and a red light at a 3 lane street with two cars stopped in the first two lanes. So my friend tells me to go on becuase the cars are stopped and it'll be fine, and I think what the hell I want my Stubb's onion rings.

So I start walking and halfway across the street the light turns green and the two cars already stopped at the light waite for me to cross. However, there was a 3rd car coming that hadn't been stopped at the red light and didn't see me because I was in front of the first two cars. So just as I step into that lane this car that in no way slowed down hit me head on. I go FLYING through the air and skid across the intersection.

Now at this point I think okay I'm not dead but I've probably broke a lot of bones. I also think I may be paralyzed but I start wiggling my toes and moving around and everything appeared to be working just fine.

So the guy who hit me by this time is out of his car and he and my friend are asking if I'm okay so I start to stand up. Well my leg hurts pretty damned bad where the car hit me but I didn't think anything was broken. Anyway, I really didn't want to go to the hospital and I really wanted me some Stubb's onion rings so I kind of wobbled into the restaurant. The guy who hit me tells me he'll be back in a minute while he parks his car and I tell him that's fine.

Anyway, I get into Stubb's and order my drink when the guys comes in and asks if he can do anything for me like buy me a beer. Well, a beer sounds pretty damned good to me at that point so I let him buy me one (can't buy one myself you see). By this time a firetruck, an ambulance, and a couple of police show up outside looking for me; I assume someone called 911.

At that point I had two options..either stay put and enjoy my Stubb's or go outside and go to the hospital. I opted to enjoy my Stubb's.

Anyway, I had no intention of going to the hospital but by the time I got back to Waco and back to my dorm my leg hurt so damned bad I started worrying about internal bleed. Still I put it off for another 3-4 hours until finally I had to have a couple of friends take me to the Waco ER where they chewed my *** out for not going to the hospital in Austin.

To make a damned long story short; nothing was broken but I had a lot of bruising so they gave me a script for some pain killers and other stuff which I never filled. Took about a month before I could really walk well again.

KC//CRIMSON
3/16/2006, 01:37 AM
I was cutting drywall and ...........slice. I took about 1/4 inch off the tip of my lefy index finger. I put some duct tape on it and went back to work. After I took a shower tonight I had my wife dump alcohol on it. I put some neosporin on it and bandaged it up. Its throbbing now. Just thought you'd like to know.

Pffft. that's nothing. Cut off 1/4 of your **** and get back to us.:D

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:39 AM
You just had to trump my finger story didn't you? :D

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:40 AM
Pffft. that's nothing. Cut off 1/4 of your **** and get back to us.:D
I'd be at the ER before it started to bleed. :D

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 01:41 AM
You just had to trump my finger story didn't you? :D

I don't know; I think having an appendage partially severed > getting hit by a car with no bones broken.

I'd like to think that if I had an appendage (well any appendage except for one..) severed that I'd tough it out and avoid a doctor.

IronSooner
3/16/2006, 01:48 AM
As long as you don't cut it farther up than the nail bed it should regenerate. Maybe not 100% perfectly like it was, but enough to use and look semi-normal.

Way to tape it up and go. If Neosporin can't fix it, neither could a doctor. The only thing that stuff can't do is CPR.

KC//CRIMSON
3/16/2006, 01:49 AM
I'd be at the ER before it started to bleed. :D

Luckily for me they managed to save the remaining 10 1/2 inches.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:51 AM
Luckily for me they managed to save the remaining 10 1/12 inches.
I din't know we were telling fish stories. :D

usmc-sooner
3/16/2006, 01:55 AM
you guys are really tuff.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 01:59 AM

Stubb's and a beer can cure much.

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 01:59 AM
I'm dumber and poorer than I am tuff.

KC//CRIMSON
3/16/2006, 02:00 AM
Stubb's and a beer can cure much.

So does a good knot!

picasso
3/16/2006, 02:02 AM
I have ya beat. I cut the end of my middle finger off back in '96. cutting custom picture frames. only I was remeasuring and put the blades down not thinking.
Doc at the ER cut my bone off more to make the skin wrap over the top.
Beat that Jack!

IronSooner
3/16/2006, 02:04 AM
Did you get to keep the extra bone?

picasso
3/16/2006, 02:04 AM
plus 2 more surgeries since then Jack.

worst pain ever that night. cut through the nerve. oy.

picasso
3/16/2006, 02:05 AM
Did you get to keep the extra bone?
Doc threw the tip in the trash. seriously, he was cutting the bone like clipping nails.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 02:09 AM
Doc threw the tip in the trash. seriously, he was cutting the bone like clipping nails.

Yes but you see you went to the doctor...

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 02:09 AM
You win. Ouch!

chriscappel
3/16/2006, 02:10 AM

ooooo....gotcha there!! i bet he got some good drugs though! they gave me vicodin

yermom
3/16/2006, 02:18 AM
i severed the tendon in my right thumb (i'm right handed) and had to have it sewed back together before i could move it again

the shots to numb my hand hurt more than the cut did, i barely felt a scratch

i knew a guy that was loading or unloading a UPS truck and cut off part of a finger, and they reattached it

i'm guessing you didn't actually hit the bone? i'd be more worried about some staph infection than anything else

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 02:24 AM
i severed the tendon in my right thumb (i'm right handed) and had to have it sewed back together before i could move it again

the shots to numb my hand hurt more than the cut did, i barely felt a scratch

i knew a guy that was loading or unloading a UPS truck and cut off part of a finger, and they reattached it

i'm guessing you didn't actually hit the bone? i'd be more worried about some staph infection than anything else
I didn't hit the bone but it was pretty close.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 02:27 AM
ooooo....gotcha there!! i bet he got some good drugs though! they gave me vicodin

Well they gave me a prescription for something..probably vicodin or loratab or something. Anyway, I never had it filled but I should have because let me tell ya there were some nights I really coulda used it! And not for my leg either!

olevetonahill
3/16/2006, 03:49 AM
Dayum keep the neosporin on it
Ive been shot 3 times, stabbed and or cut 4 times
stomped I cant remember how many :( and been blown up ( by bomb type shat ya sickos ) shrapnel is still coming out my carcass :eek:
so good luck

chriscappel
3/16/2006, 03:51 AM
Dayum keep the neosporin on it
Ive been shot 3 times, stabbed and or cut 4 times
stomped I cant remember how many :( and been blown up ( by bomb type shat ya sickos ) shrapnel is still coming out my carcass :eek:
so good luck

JEEZ!! what do you do on your time off?!?!?

olevetonahill
3/16/2006, 03:59 AM
JEEZ!! what do you do on your time off?!?!?
I just survive :cool:
Most of that , not all ,happened in the Nam :eek:
68-69 Recon

chriscappel
3/16/2006, 04:02 AM
damn spek to ya for that one....And thank you for defending my freedom....Its because of folks like you that i am givin the opportunity to serve today

olevetonahill
3/16/2006, 04:13 AM
damn spek to ya for that one....And thank you for defending my freedom....Its because of folks like you that i am givin the opportunity to serve today
its a hard thing for most of us to appreciate the spek now
It was in 1990 as i was leaving the shrinks in the tulsa VA that I got my 1st welome home . It was a whole differant era ,mind frame back then
Ive always stood ready to help the ones that came after to defend OUR country and at 56 yrs Ill go again ;)

chriscappel
3/16/2006, 04:16 AM
its a hard thing for most of us to appreciate the spek now
It was in 1990 as i was leaving the shrinks in the tulsa VA that I got my 1st welome home . It was a whole differant era ,mind frame back then
Ive always stood ready to help the ones that came after to defend OUR country and at 56 yrs Ill go again ;)

I know how hard it musta been....my grandpa was a Green Beret and spent 3 tours over in Nam...He always told me stories on how his service was hardly ever appreciated....Its sad really cause it wasnt yalls fault you had to go over....

3/16/2006, 07:28 AM
Way to go.

No, really.

SoonerBorn68
3/16/2006, 08:34 AM
I work in the oilfield and still got all my digits. HA! :D

sooneron
3/16/2006, 08:36 AM
I work in the oilfield and still got all my digits. HA! :D
Not according to you avatar!:texan:

SoonerBorn68
3/16/2006, 08:37 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/image.php?u=37190&dateline=1140770986

walkoffsooner
3/16/2006, 09:11 AM
I cut a guy's finger off once with a back hoe. Sissy went to Doctor.He couldn't do a thing.He should of let me put duct tape on it and buy him a beer.

sanantoniosooner
3/16/2006, 10:16 AM
I was young and stupid when I cut across my thumb cutting drywall.

What was your excuse?

SOONER44EVER
3/16/2006, 10:37 AM
I was young and stupid when I cut across my thumb cutting drywall.

What was your excuse?
Man I don't know. I had just started working for the day and it was the first cut I made with a brand new blade. I guess I just wasn't paying attention.

sooneron
3/16/2006, 11:00 AM
I cut the tip of my finger off the night before the first day of sixth grade. I didn't go to no doctor.

Screamed like a banshee and the family dog threw up.

Damn exacto blades and estes model rocket balsa wood!

picasso
3/16/2006, 06:38 PM
huh? dude, I cut my finger off. not a little piece of flesh or some nail.

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2006, 06:50 PM
huh? dude, I cut my finger off. not a little piece of flesh or some nail.
Tis only a flesh wound.
http://www.respree.com/scstore/graphics/b0587051485.jpg

SOONER44EVER
3/17/2006, 08:04 PM
I broke down and got some antibiotics from my sister today. You ever notice when you hurt a certain part of your body you are constantly bumping/banging it against something until it gets well? I bumped it on my turn indicator today. OWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

sanantoniosooner
3/17/2006, 08:05 PM
That poor hand/eye coordination is probably what got you cut in the first place.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2006, 08:06 PM
I broke down and got some antibiotics from my sister today. You ever notice when you hurt a certain part of your body you are constantly bumping/banging it against something until it gets well? I bumped it on my turn indicator today. OWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Typing can't make it feel too great either.

SOONER44EVER
3/18/2006, 03:39 AM
Typing can't make it feel too great either.
I'm becoming a 9 fingered typer very quickly. :D

GDC
3/18/2006, 04:16 PM
I once held up an international flight for an hour because I sliced of the tip of my finger on the light fixture. I didn't sue but got four free tickets anyway.

SOONER44EVER
3/28/2006, 02:34 AM
Today was the first day I went all day without any type of bandage. Its almost grown back. Wooohooo! :D