PDA

View Full Version : OKC Grass Fires

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 04:29 PM
Evidently there are some big fires in OKC right now.....any of you hillbillies in the way?

Like SE 89 and Sooner Rd?

http://static.newsok.biz/sites/newsok/images/home/m15fire4.jpg

Harry Beanbag
3/15/2006, 04:33 PM
Crap, my dad lives at 89th and Sunnylane. Better give him a call...

Edit: Just talked to my dad. They are under mandatory evacuation orders, but like most hillbillies, they're not leaving. He said he could stand in his front yard, look towards Sooner Rd. and see flames shooting up over the houses. :eek:

mdklatt
3/15/2006, 04:39 PM
Almost every morning, in my short 4-mile drive to work, I see dumbasses throwing lit cigarettes out of their cars. They should all be charged with at least attempted arson.

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 04:41 PM
How do you know it wasn't started by lightning....or friction...or hot coal burning through the back of a dump truck and that hot coal dropping to the ground and setting the side of the road on fire?

Huh?

colleyvillesooner
3/15/2006, 04:43 PM
How do you know it wasn't started by lightning....or friction...or hot coal burning through the back of a dump truck and that hot coal dropping to the ground and setting the side of the road on fire?

Huh?

Know something we don't, arson boy? ;)

soonernation
3/15/2006, 04:49 PM
Our home office is on Sooner Road. They evacuated everyone there.

Stanley1
3/15/2006, 04:50 PM

Huh?

Or La Nina?

RacerX
3/15/2006, 04:51 PM

Huh?

Well I know it wasn't started by lightning.

mdklatt
3/15/2006, 04:52 PM
How do you know it wasn't started by lightning...?

This I know.

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 04:57 PM
Could've also been started by someone's stainless steel vaginal balls dropping to the ground while they were trotting alongside their husband's Chevy Caprice.

mdklatt
3/15/2006, 04:58 PM
Could've also been started by someone's stainless steel vaginal balls dropping to the ground while they were trotting alongside their husband's Chevy Caprice.

Stainless steel doesn't spark.

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 05:01 PM
Stainless steel doesn't spark.

You just haven't trotted fast enough.

BlondeSoonerGirl
Maybe the little prick on Sooner Rd. will be swallowed-up in a giant fire mouth and pooped out and left for dead in the middle of the road where I will run over his turd-like form while driving very fast and smiling.

But I'm sure this will just continue to be a sick fantasy of mine...

BlondeSoonerGirl
Oh, and I guess I gotta find another way home. Dang...

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 05:02 PM
Aren't you glad I warned you?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/15/2006, 05:05 PM
It's on the big TV in the cafeteria. People calling home...all kinds of stuff. One lady went home early today and started watering-down her house and stuff.

A friend of mine lives in the residential area at 89th and Sooner. Hope they're okay....

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 05:07 PM
So the answer is no?

Viking Kitten
3/15/2006, 05:07 PM
But I'm sure this will just continue to be a sick fantasy of mine...

Can we hear some more?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/15/2006, 05:18 PM
Can we hear some more?

Well, there's this one involving Dean, a turkey call and tomato paste...

picasso
3/15/2006, 06:13 PM
Almost every morning, in my short 4-mile drive to work, I see dumbasses throwing lit cigarettes out of their cars. They should all be charged with at least attempted arson.
call 'em in. I plan to the next one I see.:mad:

handcrafted
3/15/2006, 06:31 PM

Tag numbers. The cops like tag numbers.

Jimminy Crimson
3/15/2006, 06:36 PM

Call me a tattle tale if you like, but 1-888-554-8837 gets dialed at least once a day by yours truly. :cool:

This burn ban chit has make me realize how much crap people throw out of their car on a daily basis, from lit cigs to poopy diapers. :mack:

Don't lay that trash on O-kla-ho-ma, YEAH!

C&CDean
3/15/2006, 06:43 PM
Well, there's this one involving Dean, a turkey call and tomato paste...

go on....

picasso
3/15/2006, 06:51 PM
Call me a tattle tale if you like, but 1-888-554-8837 gets dialed at least once a day by yours truly. :cool:

This burn ban chit has make me realize how much crap people throw out of their car on a daily basis, from lit cigs to poopy diapers. :mack:

Don't lay that trash on O-kla-ho-ma, YEAH!
even before all of this, I always get very peeved when the car in front of me flicks out his lit cig that just so happens to land on my car.
If I had an 88mm cannon attached, they'd be Ghandi.:mad:

out here where I live, you have to take a curvy county road near the lake. you would not believe the amount of trash strewn along the way. sickens me.

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 07:51 PM
even before all of this, I always get very peeved when the car in front of me flicks out his lit cig that just so happens to land on my car.
If I had an 88mm cannon attached, they'd be Ghandi.:mad:

out here where I live, you have to take a curvy county road near the lake. you would not believe the amount of trash strewn along the way. sickens me.

Yep. I see it along I-244 as well. The main culprit, as far as I can tell and as far as the big hunks of trash, is the plastic bag. That is....the Wal-Mart type bag. They're all over the ground and they're up in the trees and they're stuck in bushes and everywhere in between. Those things ought to be friggin' outlawed. They're handy as hell, but it's not worth seeing them all over the globe.

Okla-homey
3/15/2006, 08:32 PM
y'all better not let that sumb1tch burn down cuz me and the Mrs are rolling down there Saturday for some fiesta-making and she will be seriously disappointed if Bricktown is gone.

Jimminy Crimson
3/15/2006, 11:26 PM
y'all better not let that sumb1tch burn down cuz me and the Mrs are rolling down there Saturday for some fiesta-making and she will be seriously disappointed if Bricktown is gone.

Watch out for all the orange bloods in downtown for the grappling convention! :eddie:

BajaOklahoma
3/16/2006, 12:52 AM
Soonernation, what kinda vehicle do you drive?
Sorry, I was just thinkin.....

yermom
3/16/2006, 01:39 AM
they had 24th blocked off in Norman today between Alameda and Lindsey for a fire, no idea how big it was though