PDA

View Full Version : MAN TO MAN DEFENSE?

soonrman4
3/15/2006, 02:02 AM
WHY DOES SAMPSON INSIST ON THE MAN DEFENSE? WE WERE DOING GOOD IN THE 3-2 ZONE. AGAINST NEB WE RAN MAN TO MAN AND GOT SMOKED OFF THE DRIBBLE ALL NIGHT. ONLY ONE POSSESION WE WENT TO A ZONE IN THE SECOND HALF AND GUESS WHAT, NEB HAD A SHOT CLOCK VIOLATION. THE VERY NEXT POS WE WENT BACK TO A MAN TO MAN D AND ONE OF ARE GUARDS GOT BEAT OFF THE DRIBBLE AGAIN AND BOOKOUT HAD TO COME HELP OFF HIS MAN AND WHAT DO THINK HAPPENED. YOU GUESSED IT EASY LAYUP. I JUST DONT GET IT, THE ZONE LETS THE PLAYERS REST AND KEEPS US OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE. NEB SHOT 32 FREE THROWS AGAINST OUR MAN DEF. CAN SAMPSON NOT SEE THIS. ITS SO FRUSTRATING GIVING UP ALL THOSE EASY TWOS. AFTER WATCHING WEST VIRGINIA DESTROY OUR MAN TO MAN AT THE FORD CENTER AND GET ABOUT 30 LAYUPS AGAINST US YOU THINK IT WOULD SINK IN THAT WE SUCK AT THE MAN TO MAN D. I KNOW THEY SHOOT THE THREE WELL BUT I WOULD RATHER SOMEONE BEAT ME WITH THE 3 POINTER THAN LAYUPS ALL NIGHT LONG. NEB DOESNT HAVE A GOOD OUTSIDE SHOOTING TEAM, YET WE PLAY MAN AND ALLOW THEM TO TAKE US OFF THE DRIBBLE TO THE CUP ALL NIGHT. THEN AT THE END OF THE GAME THEY OUT COACHED US AGAIN BY RUNNING THE SHOT CLOCK DOWN AND THROWING IT INSIDE TO BOOKS MAN AND HE CANT STAY WITH HIS GUY SO WE FOUL AND THEY GET TWO EASY POINTS AT THE LINE. IF WE ARE IN A ZONE THAT WONT HAPPEN AND WE FORCE THEM TO MAKE OUTSIDE SHOTS INSTEAD. SAMPSON IS SO STUBBORN HE WONT EVER CHANGE. THEN HE BLAMES HIS KIDS FOR LACK OF EFFORT WHEN HIS DECISION TO RUN MAN TO MAN PUTS THEM INTO A POSITION TO FAIL INSTEAD OF SUCCEED. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING OU BASKETBALL SINCE I WAS 6 YEARS OLD AND I AM NOW 29 AND I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY WHEN I WOULD RATHER WATCH THE WOMEN THAN THE MEN. NEVER SAY NEVER I GUESS.

PS SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY DAVID GODBOLD GETS ALL THOSE MINUTES. I WOULD RATHER SEE TAYLOR PLAY THE 3 AND ANYBODY ELSE IN THE GAME. GIVE ME OTT,K SAMPSON, OR JUST GO 4 ON 5 GODBOLD IS A WASTE OF SPACE.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/15/2006, 02:11 AM
i'm sorry, my caps cancelling goggles were on. did you type something?

soonermark
3/15/2006, 02:23 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/15/2006, 10:23 AM
HUH, COULD YOU SPEAK UP?

Frozen Sooner
3/15/2006, 11:33 AM
I love lamp!

CobraKai
3/15/2006, 12:07 PM
This is like Clash of the Titans between the "All Caps" Soonerman and the "No Caps" JKM. I haven't been this excited since Meatloaf's 2nd reunion tour!

william_brasky
3/15/2006, 03:46 PM
http://www.warpbreach.com/kitchen/meals/meatloaf1b.jpg

CobraKai
3/15/2006, 04:06 PM
I think that photo is from his first reunion tour.

RacerX
3/15/2006, 04:17 PM
Shift key much?

NormanPride
3/15/2006, 05:31 PM
http://www.tomsorrell.net/mediac/400_0/media/Lil~John.jpg

WHAT?

william_brasky
3/15/2006, 06:03 PM
if one can actually get through reading the original post, the dude has some good points.

ou running man against teams they don't match up well with, bad. godbold, meh. griffin, yes. women's team making men's team their beeyatch, yes.

dude, stop the ALL CAPS and maybe you'll get better responses. i posted a photo of a meatloaf in this thread if that indicates anything.

i do likes me some meatloaf though.

CobraKai
3/15/2006, 06:07 PM
I have always wondered why we refuse to run the defense that has always shut us down.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/15/2006, 06:22 PM
I have always wondered why we refuse to run the defense that has always shut us down.

the goal of a sampson defense is not to prevent the other team from scoring, but to make our players run a lot. they get lazy and soft in a zone.

NormanPride
3/15/2006, 06:39 PM
the goal of a sampson defense is not to prevent the other team from scoring, but to make our players run a lot. they get lazy and soft in a zone.

Evidence: Taj wandering off to say hi to cheerleaders while he should be guarding the basket in a 2-3.

CobraKai
3/15/2006, 06:59 PM

But should it be?

crawfish
3/15/2006, 07:02 PM
WE HAVE NOT SUFFICIENTLY MADE FUN OF HIS USE OF CAPS LOCK YET. PLEASE CONTINUE THE RIDICULE. THANK YOU.

william_brasky
3/15/2006, 08:11 PM
sorry craw.

ha ha, he used all caps lock. ha ha.

i ridicule soonrman4. your username should be CAPSLOCKBOY. ha ha.

what a buffon. what a maroon. ha ha.

OUTromBoNado
3/15/2006, 09:50 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!~!!!11