PDA

View Full Version : So, what have you done today?

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:19 PM
Well, I woke up at 7. went to a PSM audit until 1pm
Went home. Scalped the front yard then spent the next 3 hours cleaning my house. Yes I am male and yes I am the only one knows how to use a toilet brush and mop and sweeper in my home.

I tared.

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 08:30 PM
I woke up. So far that's it. Except for this post.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:31 PM
well, today is a day off for me. can't ya tell.
so, how far you get last night?

slickdawg
3/14/2006, 08:33 PM
I was home with a sick baby all day, spent 3 hours at the doctor with her.

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 08:34 PM
28 ft. We tripped at out at about 9pm & started tripping back in at 6am. Got back on bottom and drilling @ about 5...made about 14 ft. so far.

This job shoulda been over yesterday. :mad:

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:35 PM
okay, that trumphs me. Hope the little one is better.
Sick kids make me nervous. I take them to the dr. or ER for just about anything.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:35 PM
where do you go next sb68

slickdawg
3/14/2006, 08:36 PM
It's tough when the baby is sick, she's two so she can't exactly tell you
what is wrong, you get to play "guess".

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:37 PM
at 2 they still dont' know where the pain is even if they could talk. they just know it hurts but cannot pinpoint pain at that age. What I heard anyhow.
she is better?

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 08:37 PM

Hope she's feeling better. Sick babies are a handful.

slickdawg
3/14/2006, 08:44 PM
at 2 they still dont' know where the pain is even if they could talk. they just know it hurts but cannot pinpoint pain at that age. What I heard anyhow.
she is better?

She's ok right now, it's at night when it gets bad - it's allergies and
possibly a virus. She woke up a 3 this morning with extreme drainage
and vomited. Second night in a row.

It's so frustrating, she's somewhat happy right now.

slickdawg
3/14/2006, 08:45 PM
Hope she's feeling better. Sick babies are a handful.

Thanks to both of you guys, you, like everyone else, knows what its like.

Howzit
3/14/2006, 08:45 PM
Flew home from California and just ran 6 miles.

Finish Wolves of the Calla tonight.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 08:47 PM
Flew home from California and just ran 6 miles

just 6 miles? I bet I drove 5 today ;)

slickdawg
3/14/2006, 08:51 PM
Flew home from California and just ran 6 miles.

Finish Wolves of the Calla tonight.

If you had run home from California, you wouldn't ever have to run again.

;)

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 09:03 PM
where do you go next sb68

Home for a couple of weeks I hope. After that, who knows? Unfortunately the jobs are just the luck of the draw and here lately I've had the luck of the Norm.

nmsoonergirl
3/14/2006, 09:06 PM
I had the day off, so did some shopping (REI and Lowes), puttered in the garden, and went to the grocery store to stock up on easy to fix processed foods--Mr. NMS is leaving town for a week, and he does the cooking around these parts:O . I'll have to live on pizza rolls and Emeril's pasta sauce for 6 days...

Sorry about the sick baby, dawg.

BajaOklahoma
3/14/2006, 09:09 PM
Ask me tomorrow! I get to tell 5th grade boys all about the changes their bodies are going to be going through in the next few years.....

happy hour starts at 4 PM.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 09:40 PM
5th grade? I didnt' discover the joy of an old pillow or sock until junior high. :D

OUthunder
3/14/2006, 09:48 PM
Yes I am male and yes I am the only one knows how to use a toilet brush and mop and sweeper in my home.

I tared.

Welcome to the First Men's Club beyonce!

BoogercountySooner
3/14/2006, 09:56 PM
Day Off Today, hauled stuff from my garage 50 miles to our new shop. Disassembled our carport and cleaned up and moved my RV.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:01 PM
you are gonna put a garage on that estate aren't cha?

hey, sb68,
Dirty Jobs just had him on a rig platform.

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2006, 10:01 PM
Learned damn near everything you'd ever want to know about personal auto coverage.

Did you know that in most states if you carry UIM on two or more vehicles, the highest limit is the one that applies no matter what the policies are written at?

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:02 PM
I dont' carry insurance on my cars. ;)

Frozen Sooner
3/14/2006, 10:13 PM
Awesome. Have fun with that. ;)

BoogercountySooner
3/14/2006, 10:13 PM
you are gonna put a garage on that estate aren't cha?

hey, sb68,

30x50:)

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:14 PM
is that where you're gonna park your range rover? Tour bus?

BoogercountySooner
3/14/2006, 10:18 PM
Nah built a 12x15 room for the Son to live in and gonna store Boat and fourwheeler in there. Not to mention the TV viewing / card playing area we will have.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:22 PM
oh, its not like that estate isn't big enuff for all that!
you people and your money ;)

BoogercountySooner
3/14/2006, 10:27 PM
NOt me it's my wife wnd her 2 degrees and CPA!:D :O

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:29 PM
that a boy!

so, this estate gonna have a name?

bigdsooner
3/14/2006, 10:33 PM
woke up, got the two youngest ready for school, went to work, picked up kids from school, went to both kids practices, went to my neices 2 soccer games (lost both), put the kids to bed. had a couple breaks here and there. this kid stuff can be stressful at times

BoogercountySooner
3/14/2006, 10:33 PM
I just suggested "Casa De Booger" and she said ah Lord and rolled her eyes, maybe we need to start a thread to name our little spread!

oumartin
3/14/2006, 10:42 PM
I think you need to name it something fancy.

C&CDean
3/14/2006, 11:19 PM
Woke up. Counted cows and calfs (we had a new calf last night), showered, drove to OKC airport. Caught a 9:17 flight to Baltimore. Checked email. Drove into downtown, ate mussells and cabbage rolls at my favorite Irish pub in Baltimore. Drove back to hotel. Typing on this silly bbs.

proud gonzo
3/14/2006, 11:22 PM
woke up, ate breakfast, went across town to get poked with a LOT of needles, itched like crazy, came home, ate, played with my bird, fell asleep on the couch, ate again, fell asleep on the couch again (i took some benadryl to make the itching stop--makes me sleepy), talked to Iggy, watched TV more, ate again, talked to Iggy more, watched tv, and now i'm on here.

did i mention needles? and itching??? :mad:

olevetonahill
3/14/2006, 11:24 PM
Hows she doing ?

olevetonahill
3/14/2006, 11:32 PM
Nah built a 12x15 room for the Son to live in and gonna store Boat and fourwheeler in there. Not to mention the TV viewing / card playing area we will have.
You arkies are just amazing , Id have never thot you could do all that in a 12x15 room :D

oumartin
3/14/2006, 11:51 PM
u showered? heck I only need to do that once a week.

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 11:56 PM
hey, sb68,

I missed it, but I'll catch it at midnight. Thanks!

The guys broke a connection on a pipe last night while we were tripping & got splashed from head to toe. It looked like a Mexican Jal Jolsen convention. :D

SoonerBorn68
3/14/2006, 11:57 PM
I, of course, was in the doghouse next to the heater with the door closed when it happened.

oumartin
3/14/2006, 11:57 PM
that happened on dirty jobs too. dude was soaked in mud

proud gonzo
3/15/2006, 07:24 PM
today i ate, played with the bird, ate again, played with the bird again, went to lowes and home depot to look at plants and paint, came home and played with the bird AGAIN, went to look at the house in progress, ate dinner, showered, and i'm about to go see a movie with one of my friends.

C&CDean
3/15/2006, 07:25 PM
today i ate, played with the bird, ate again, played with the bird again, went to lowes and home depot to look at plants and paint, came home and played with the bird AGAIN, went to look at the house in progress, ate dinner, showered, and i'm about to go see a movie with one of my friends.

So are you wearing your hypo-allergenic bubble? Bet you're gonna look funny at the flicks.

proud gonzo
3/15/2006, 07:28 PM
hehe-no, my allergies are doing okay for now. :O :D

OklahomaTrombone
3/15/2006, 07:28 PM
Woke up, got my eyes chekced, ate lunch, yelled at home health people, took my mom to get an x-ray done, took her to the infusion place to get her port re-accessed, cleaned up cat puke, found out I'm leaving tomorrow for Chicago, now I'm at work, when I got off I'll do laundry and pack for my flight out tomorrow.

Howzit
3/15/2006, 07:45 PM
Woke up, got my eyes chekced, ate lunch, yelled at home health people, took my mom to get an x-ray done, took her to the infusion place to get her port re-accessed, cleaned up cat puke, found out I'm leaving tomorrow for Chicago, now I'm at work, when I got off I'll do laundry and pack for my flight out tomorrow.

An old X-ray, a passport, a dirty tee shirt, and cat puke.

Sooner_Bob
3/15/2006, 08:02 PM
I'm off today through Friday . . . the girls are at grandma's and grandpa's so the wife and I decided to start building some furniture for our oldest's room.

Tomorrow we're headin' for Edmond and lunch at PF Changs . . . and maybe a movie.

Friday I'll probably have to either work on the furniture some more or go help my brother and his wife pack for their move from Shawnee to Weatherford.

proud gonzo
3/15/2006, 11:43 PM
An old X-ray, a passport, a dirty tee shirt, and cat puke.
is that your shopping list or are we having a scavenger hunt?

afs
3/15/2006, 11:45 PM
woke up, ordered new contacts, went to the gym, went to work, came home, cooked dinner, talked to the girl, going to bed.

GottaHavePride
3/15/2006, 11:55 PM
Woke up, played with an insane bird, had lunch, ordered myself an iPod for my birthday, pre-ordered some hops vines for our backyard, read a lot of Guns, Germs, and Steel, and got on here to check what you bozos have been up to.

No one burned down today?

Frozen Sooner
3/16/2006, 01:22 AM
Went to work. Called some underwriters to find out why the hell they haven't gotten back to me yet on a couple of deals I'm working on. Went to lunch with a "potential client" (read: buddy who happens to own an engineering firm) for a couple of hours. Went home to take a dump, hopped on SF and called GHP a redneck. Got back to office. Heard back from some of the underwriters saying that they wouldn't write business for that particular risk. Answered a bunch of new questions from underwriters who nibbled at the business. Argued with another underwriter about the proper fire class for a place out in Wasilla (successfully talked her down from a fire code 10 to 4-I rule!-and saved my client about 10% on his overall premium.)

That's about it.

KC//CRIMSON
3/16/2006, 01:35 AM

Is it just me, or do you have the most cush college life I've ever heard of?;)

oumartin
3/16/2006, 10:38 AM
took the kids to OKC for some fun times at Chuckie Cheeses. My mother in law went and I rode in the back so she dent have to. It was so windy and I got car sick. then the couple hours at Chuckie Cheeses gave me a big ole headache. we then went to Toy R US and the Big Target trying to locate my 3 year old a certain monster truck toy. Went to Quail Springs mall and watched some weirdos walkin' around.
Went to OUtback and had me some Cyclone Pasta(good sheet) and then slept all the way back home. I'm still sick today and my headache is still with me.

I did notice an old school look coming back. Anyone notice the leggings being worn under mini skirts again?

proud gonzo
3/16/2006, 01:53 PM
woke up, ate, played with the bird, and currently we're watching the Seton Hall vs. WSU game (because that's what's on here)

trying to decide what to do for lunch... and what to do with the rest of my day

LilSooner
3/16/2006, 02:19 PM
Yesterday was much more interesting than today.

Woke up at 5, packed everything up checked out of the hotel. Drove around Ponca City trying to find a damn donut place so I could pick up 6 dozen donuts. Finally got to the hospital drug out 14 standard packs and 4 custom out of my car (damn those things were heavy even with a dolly). Found the room I was to present. Did a little dog and pony show, closed the business. Drove home, worked on two other hospitals packs. Then drank copious amounts or margaritas.

Mjcpr
3/16/2006, 02:59 PM
woke up, ate, played with the bird, and currently we're watching the Seton Hall vs. WSU game (because that's what's on here)

trying to decide what to do for lunch... and what to do with the rest of my day

Dang.....sounds like you could use a nap.

;)