PDA

View Full Version : So whats up with Braums and blue hairs?

OU Adonis
3/14/2006, 04:36 PM
Yet another lunch story. I went to Braums a few days ago and I think I was the youngest person there by 20 years. Whats up with that?

TopDaugIn2000
3/14/2006, 04:37 PM
sounds like lunch in Pauls Valley. ANYWHERE you happen to go.

IronSooner
3/14/2006, 04:37 PM
Chicks dig ice cream. Especially the ones who can't chew anything else.

silverwheels
3/14/2006, 04:38 PM
I was at a Braum's somewhere in the Metroplex a couple of weeks ago, and it was redneck city.

OU Adonis
3/14/2006, 04:39 PM
I lost my appetite when all I could smell was Peperation H, dirty diapers and burgers.

FYI there were no kids present.

Jimminy Crimson
3/14/2006, 04:40 PM
You have to be above 65 or under 8 to go inside Braum's. ;)

Uncle Rico
3/14/2006, 06:02 PM
For some reason my wife always wants to stop at a Braums on a road trip. I refuse because of the blue hair and the sudden loss of the concept of time. I am Costanza when it comes to making good time. Add it to rules of life..."don't stop at a Braums on a roadtrip"

RacerX
3/14/2006, 06:13 PM
Chicks dig ice cream. Especially the ones who can't chew anything else.

D24HSL

SicEmBaylor
3/14/2006, 06:32 PM
It's not as bad as Luby's. I love Luby's but it feels like you need an AARP card before being permitted to eat.

mdklatt
3/14/2006, 06:49 PM
Old people love them some Braum's, which is ironic because they don't have any time to waste and Braum's has the slowest service in the world.

opksooner
3/14/2006, 06:53 PM
WTF! Old age smack?

Okla-homey
3/14/2006, 07:03 PM
You want a geriatric resaturant story?

Oh well, let me tell you. My sister was in town this weekend and begged us to take her to some joint in Tulsa called "The Green Onion" after church which she had heard raved about by a former Tulsan she teaches with down in Ardmore. We did. Buffet brunch. Tasty. Some guy tickling the ivories over in the corner.

However, I believe at 43, she was the youngest person in there. It kinda reminded me of a confab of the Judge's post sloop-christening tea guests in "Caddyshack."

There were more Lincolns in the parking lot than a Pentecostal Holiness preachers convention.

It was good food, and pretty cheap. Them blue hairs know where to tie on the feedbag.

SicEmBaylor
3/14/2006, 07:04 PM

Oh well, let me tell you. My sister was in town this weekend and begged us to take her to some joint in Tulsa called "The Green Onion" after church which she had heard raved about by a former Tulsan she teaches with down in Ardmore. We did. Buffet brunch. Tasty. Some guy tickling the ivories over in the corner.

However, I believe at 43, she was the youngest person in there. It kinda reminded me of a confab of the Judge's post sloop-christening tea guests in "Caddyshack."

There were more Lincolns in the parking lot than a Pentecostal Holiness preachers convention.

It was good food, and pretty cheap. Them blue hairs know where to tie on the feedbag.

The Green Onion is pretty tastey.

jrsooner
3/14/2006, 08:21 PM
Yet another lunch story. I went to Braums a few days ago and I think I was the youngest person there by 20 years. Whats up with that?Count yourself lucky....it could be filled with illegals all speaking spanish. :) I don't know how many McDonald's I've gone to down here and feel like I'm in little mexico or something.

OU-HSV
3/14/2006, 08:25 PM
Yet another lunch story. I went to Braums a few days ago and I think I was the youngest person there by 20 years. Whats up with that?
I got ya beat...imagine how I feel. Everywhere I go where I live, I'm the youngest person. Of course I do live in a gated retirement community:D Sidenote, bluehairs are the worlds worst drivers...I'm surrounded by them every single day on the roads.:(

OklahomaTrombone
3/14/2006, 08:33 PM
It's not as bad as Luby's. I love Luby's but it feels like you need an AARP card before being permitted to eat.

Thats because...you do.

apusooner
3/14/2006, 08:59 PM
just be thankful you have a braum's nearby. i have 24 hour drive before i could even see one

OklahomaTrombone
3/14/2006, 09:00 PM
But you have In-And-Out Burger

sanantoniosooner
3/14/2006, 11:19 PM
D24HSL
'splain plez.

sanantoniosooner
3/14/2006, 11:20 PM
Anybody remember Dobson's Cafeteria?

Is it still around?

I think they had casketside service.

Romulus
3/14/2006, 11:28 PM
its the cherry pecan icecream that lure the old folks to Braums like a tractor beam

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/15/2006, 12:16 AM

However, I believe at 43, she was the youngest person in there.

It was good food, and pretty cheap. Them blue hairs know where to tie on the feedbag.My dad died in '04 in Tulsa. He was 80 yrs. old, and The Green Onion was one of his favorite restaurants.:( I don't believe it was their food that did him in.)

TopDaugIn2000
3/15/2006, 09:45 AM
Count yourself lucky....it could be filled with illegals all speaking spanish. :) I don't know how many McDonald's I've gone to down here and feel like I'm in little mexico or something.

once again, welcome to lunch in pauls valley.

When I lived/worked in OKC we used to eat at Blvd cafeteria downtown. Now THAT is a blue haired joint. Good food though, loved their veggie plate.