PDA

View Full Version : I work with a bunch of Luddites!

Grimey
3/14/2006, 11:35 AM
I got nominated to run my group's bracket challenge. Just like last year, we are using the Bracket Manager on CBSsportsline.com

You wouldn't believe the amount of "how do I login?" or "I forgot my password, what do I do?" questions I have been fielding. Its right there on the website people!

I blame :kelvin:

yermom
3/14/2006, 12:44 PM
if we had a decent coach we'd have decent fans that could use a website

TUSooner
3/14/2006, 04:20 PM
From the O.E.D.

LUDDITE -
a. A member of an organized band of English mechanics and their friends, who (1811-16) set themselves to destroy manufacturing machinery in the midlands and north of England.

b. transf. One who opposes the introduction of new technology, esp. into a place of work.

According to Pellew's Life of Lord Sidmouth (1847) III. 80, Ned Lud was a person of weak intellect who lived in a Leicestershire village about 1779, and who in a fit of insane rage rushed into a ‘stockinger's’ house, and destroyed two frames so completely that the saying ‘Lud must have been here’ came to be used throughout the hosiery districts when a stocking-frame had undergone extraordinary damage. The story lacks confirmation. It appears that in 1811-13 the nickname ‘Captain Ludd’ or ‘King Lud’ was commonly given to the ringleaders of the Luddites.]

Grimey
3/14/2006, 04:46 PM
go with definition b