PDA

View Full Version : OKC peeps...

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 03:39 PM
Mrs Homey wants to see the OKC Memorial -- I must confess I get all sentimental and thus haven't been yet.

Here's my question. Can we see all there is to see at the Memorial in one Saturday morning?

My plan is to see the Memorial, then roll over to the new OHS building in the afternoon, and finish up in Bricktown for dinner before heading home to T-town that evening.

Do-able?

tia

KaiserSooner
3/13/2006, 03:44 PM
I've yet to make it over to the new History museum (though I've heard from numerous folks that it's fantastic), but I say the Memorial + state history museum + Bricktown is very doable in one day.

Hatfield
3/13/2006, 03:44 PM
yes. Sometimes on my lunch break I walk around the reflecting pool. And you can easily make it through the museum in a couple hours tops.

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 03:48 PM
It's settled then, me and the frau will be doing that this Saturday!
-- and to think Spring Break used to be all about beaches, beer and boobies. (I'm just old I guess)

If anyone would like to join us for the Spring 2006 SF.com OKC Tour package, feel free. We'll be at the Memorial when it opens on Saturday.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/13/2006, 04:00 PM
That sounds like a good plan. You will love the history museum.

You should think about going to Deep Deuce Grille for dinner.

King Crimson
the Memorial is really worth doing.

Hatfield
speaking of dueces....i'll be right back.

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 04:21 PM

My wife is a hopeless Toby Keith fan so I bet that's where we end up -- she sometimes says she fell in love with the wrong Okie. She's fickle though. She used to say the same thing when she had the hots for Vince Gill.

Mjcpr
3/13/2006, 04:22 PM
My wife is a topless Toby Keith fan
Can I come with?

OUstudent4life
3/13/2006, 04:22 PM

Oooh...I'd veto that. Last time we were there (Saturday) the food was bad, late, and entertainment was too loud.

But, on the other hand, the drinks were good!

Very nice, but overpriced dinner = Nonna's (stick to the pasta), or the art museum.
Decent dinner = Abuelos or the Bricktown Brewery.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/13/2006, 04:26 PM
Drink a Cabo Wabo margarita then.

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 04:26 PM
Oooh...I'd veto that. Last time we were there (Saturday) the food was bad, late, and entertainment was too loud.

But, on the other hand, the drinks were good!

Very nice, but overpriced dinner = Nonna's (stick to the pasta), or the art museum.
Decent dinner = Abuelos or the Bricktown Brewery.

Bricktown Brewery sounds fun...maybe we should just stay overnight?
Abuelos, not so much 'cuz we have one here in Tulsa.

OklahomaTrombone
3/13/2006, 04:30 PM
I like the Red Brick Ale at bricktown brewery

OUstudent4life
3/13/2006, 04:30 PM
the chicken pot pie there rawks.

KaiserSooner
3/13/2006, 04:39 PM
I like the Red Brick Ale at bricktown brewery

'Tis good, but my favorite there is the Rock Island ale.

Skysooner
3/13/2006, 04:39 PM
Bricktown Brewery is great for barbecue and just general sports watching. Nonna's is just plain good. So is Mickey Mantle's which is next door.

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 04:43 PM
Are there convenient hotel accomodations within staggering distance?

Skysooner
3/13/2006, 04:44 PM
Absolutely. Do you want budget or mid-priced? Oh and you could probably get a low cost alternative from hotwire.com.

MiccoMacey
3/13/2006, 04:51 PM

The Deep Deuce Grill is going to be Cowboy Central this weekend as the OSU Cowboys are making that their meeting place for all their fans attending the NCAA Wrestling Championships.

Go if you want, but you and I may be the only Sooner fans in the place.

Skysooner
3/13/2006, 04:55 PM
Yes, I forgot about the wrestling tournament. It might make dining in Bricktown difficult, and the hotels are likely sold out. There are still plenty of places to stay. The nicer ones are going to be up on NW Expressway (i.e. Marriot and others) and in that area. If you want nice dining suggestions outside of the downtown area, I can tell you about a couple. Junior's is one of my personal favorites although it is hard to find unless you know where it is. It is in the same general area as the Marriott though.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/13/2006, 05:50 PM
Really you can find a nice place to eat in Bricktown even on a busy night. If you will PM me, I can see if I can get you the hook up at Mickey Mantles.

There are 3 hotels nearby: Renaissance, Courtyard and Sheraton