PDA

View Full Version : Could Sampson take the UC job and his recruits?

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 11:41 AM
Just out of Curiosity- I will paint a picture... Feel free to tear this scenario apart...

If we were put on a probation by the NCAA, and Sampson felt like the University let him down by not leaking the information too him. These two things could happen.

1. Probation: Allows the recruits to resend the LOI- and transfer with/out loosing a year.
2. Cincinatti is loosing interim head coach Andy kennedy- they were also not to land a single recruit for next season because of the coaching situation being up in the air- Could UC technically Hire Sampson and the players transfer to UC- without a hitch?

This may be far fetched- but if Kelvin threw out there he may be looking to leave it isn't becuase of a few Gloom and Doomers- it is because he is ****ed at the University... I would just wonder if he is capable of pulling a move like that.

Tear at will..

soonervegas
3/13/2006, 11:46 AM
Short answer: Yes.

I do think there is a scenario where Kelvin could leave this year and his recruits might have a free walk due to NCAA sanctions.

So in 2006 you could see Kelvin at a new school with many of the players he recruited at OU with him.

OU will be sitting holding an NCAA probation, rebuilding a team, and no solid recruiting class.

Talk about being vilified. NCAA 1st round exits would look like a side note.

CtheB
3/13/2006, 11:49 AM
Mojo... a tiger always shows his stripes. Whether he is capable of this or not, I do not know, but I do not believe anything would prevent him from doing this.

If he does, I wonder how many of his loyalists will turn? Knowing some on this board, such a threat would be another good reason to keep him around.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 11:54 AM
Well- I was just thinking; if there was any validity to him telling people he was potentially looking- and he has this star studded class comming in- it has to be a powerplay for more money or an extension for 4-5 years.

If he is thinking probation- and feels the University slighted him first- maybe his agent is saying shop it- and be in a position to negotiate..

I don't know but it didn't take much to come up with the idea...

soonerlaw
3/13/2006, 12:16 PM
From SI.com

Oklahoma coach Kelvin Sampson has been mentioned as a possible successor to Rob Evans at Arizona State, but Sampson's chances at the job have been damaged, if not eliminated, by recruiting violations acknowledged by the Sooners in a report to the NCAA. Sampson has been telling his colleagues that he is ready to move on after 12 seasons at Oklahoma, according to coaches and athletic officials at several schools.
-- Arizona Republic

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/13/2006, 12:19 PM
if he had the chance, i'd bet that he would absolutely gut the program.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 12:39 PM
Mojo... a tiger always shows his stripes. Whether he is capable of this or not, I do not know, but I do not believe anything would prevent him from doing this.

If he does, I wonder how many of his loyalists will turn? Knowing some on this board, such a threat would be another good reason to keep him around.

Might even be a good reason to fire him- and prevent sanctions...