PDA

View Full Version : I hate Jerry Jones

boomersooner28
3/13/2006, 11:18 AM
He has ruined my Dallas Cowboys and now they are going after TO. Just what we need. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/13/2006, 11:35 AM
he ruined them with 3 super bowl trophies huh? wow...

and there is nothing official that they are going after TO, you're reacting to speculation and FA rumors

OklahomaTrombone
3/13/2006, 12:07 PM
TO isn't a free agent yet...so nobody should be talking to him.

boomersooner28
3/13/2006, 04:12 PM
he ruined them with 3 super bowl trophies huh? wow...

and there is nothing official that they are going after TO, you're reacting to speculation and FA rumors

The Super Bowls were all Jimmy Johnson drafting excellent talent and putting it together on the field.

And, per ESPN, Len Pasquarelli says don't count out the Cowboys in the chase for TO.

jk the sooner fan
3/13/2006, 04:13 PM
jerry jones wrote the checks.......

Mjcpr
3/13/2006, 04:32 PM

....and hired Jimmy Johnson.....

colleyvillesooner
3/13/2006, 05:15 PM
Hearing rumors that the Boys may be close to sigining Vinateri (sp?). Unconfirmed, friend of a friend kind of thing, but I hope it's true.

Mjcpr
3/13/2006, 05:46 PM
They signed Ayodele, the OLB from Jacksonville.

boomersooner28
3/13/2006, 06:03 PM

and he gets in the way of football stuff that he should leave up to the football people.

jk the sooner fan
3/13/2006, 06:08 PM
well i wont disagree there, but its his team, he pays the bills....

colleyvillesooner
3/13/2006, 06:17 PM
well i wont disagree there, but its his team, he pays the bills....

ditto.

I think he'll do anything to win. I like that in my owners. Just like Cuban. Don't like some of the things he does, but he wants the Mavs to win more than anybody.

BajaOklahoma
3/13/2006, 06:54 PM
I hate Aikman.

mrowl
3/13/2006, 07:07 PM
and he gets in the way of football stuff that he should leave up to the football people.

but at least Jerry wants a winner. And for that I can claim him as the best owner in the league. He will do anything to win, anything. Yes, he has made some mistakes, but has learned from it and building a great team now.

colleyvillesooner
3/13/2006, 10:52 PM
but at least Jerry wants a winner. And for that I can claim him as the best owner in the league. He will do anything to win, anything. Yes, he has made some mistakes, but has learned from it and building a great team now.

Dude, why didn't you just quote me from three posts up? ;)

OUthunder
3/14/2006, 08:17 AM
ditto.

I think he'll do anything to win. I like that in my owners. Just like Cuban. Don't like some of the things he does, but he wants the Mavs to win more than anybody.

Luckily for most of us, Cuban's team will never win an NBA title in our lifetime which makes me happy.

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2006, 08:35 AM
i wouldnt be so sure about your Mavs prediction....

Harry Beanbag
3/14/2006, 09:05 AM
but at least Jerry wants a wiener.

I didn't know that. :eek:

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2006, 10:45 AM
i wouldnt be so sure about your Mavs prediction....

Ditto again. This is the last year of Spurs dominance. That train is pulling into the station soon.

mrowl
3/14/2006, 10:47 AM
Luckily for most of us, Cuban's team will never win an NBA title in our lifetime which makes me happy.

what is this NBA you speak of???

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2006, 10:47 AM
i like our chances with avery johnson and cuban's money.....the mavs are in perfect position to win a championship in the near future

OUthunder
3/14/2006, 10:50 AM
i like our chances with avery johnson and cuban's money.....the mavs are in perfect position to win a championship in the near future

Mmmmn... pipe dreams.:D

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2006, 10:56 AM
what on earth about mark cuban do you hate?

i cant think of a better owner in the nba.....treats his players like gold, reduced the ticket prices for next season because of a windfall from the luxury tax...has one of the fan friendliest atmosphere's for any arena in the league.......has set up a fund for the families of fallen soldiers and given away millions of his own money

he's a bit of a goof, but once you look past that...he's good for the game and greater for the city

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2006, 01:58 PM
what on earth about mark cuban do you hate?

i cant think of a better owner in the nba.....treats his players like gold, reduced the ticket prices for next season because of a windfall from the luxury tax...has one of the fan friendliest atmosphere's for any arena in the league.......has set up a fund for the families of fallen soldiers and given away millions of his own money

he's a bit of a goof, but once you look past that...he's good for the game and greater for the city

People don't like him cause he whined about the refs. Forget that he turns in missed calls in the mavs favor as well.

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2006, 02:07 PM
ahhh yes, thats right.....the ref complaining......becuase we know fans of all the other teams dont do that.....and how terrible would it be for an owner to actually stand up for his team....

usmc-sooner
3/15/2006, 01:34 AM
If I played and that's a big if I'd love to play for Cuban

and if OKC had a team I'd want Cuban for an owner. I bitch about refs everyday.

see thread on OU-TxTech

sanantoniosooner
3/15/2006, 08:38 AM
Ditto again. This is the last year of Spurs dominance. That train is pulling into the station soon.
Keep dreaming.

While contending with injuries to key player ALL season, the Spurs are stll at the top.

Injury is the only hope anyone else has. This Spurs team has more talent and depth than any of the championship teams.

Mjcpr
3/15/2006, 10:02 AM
So I guess TO hasn't lost his sense of self-worth.....he's still demanding top dollar and no incentive-laden contracts.

Dallas should forget him, beg Keyshawn to come back and try to lure Moulds. They can't afford to address the WR position in Round 1 of the draft but they'll need to soon.

CRASH 02
3/15/2006, 10:35 AM
I think Jerry needs to worry about who is throwing the ball more than who is catching it.

Mjcpr
3/17/2006, 09:27 AM
Cowboys website says they have come to terms with Terrell Owens on a multi-year contract. It isn't signed and it could change, but that's what they're saying.

http://mb19.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10

If it happens, I'm thrilled to have a player of his calliber join the team but the fact that he's a tremendous ******* puts a damper on it.

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2006, 09:30 AM
yeah i have mixed feelings on this....i think if you're a fan of pro AND college football, you cant treat the two the same......the NFL is a business and if an owner is spending millions to win, then you want the best players here

if this were college and he were a recruit, it would be bad news....

just have to cross our fingers and hope the train wreck happens later rather than sooner and that its not to messy

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 09:44 AM
I hope Dallas enjoys TO and his antics...of course he will be good the first year, just wait until next year.

Mjcpr
3/17/2006, 09:45 AM
FWIW, I don't see this reported anywhere else.

But since they stupidly cut Keyshawn to save a whopping $1 million (that's nothing for an NFL team, not saying I have it laying around) they are in desperate need of a WR.

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2006, 09:45 AM
i would assume (hope) that Jerry was smart enough to not give this guy a guaranteed contract

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 09:50 AM
i would assume (hope) that Jerry was smart enough to not give this guy a guaranteed contractI hope that is true. TO has a way of really causing havoc in the locker room and if his contract is guaranteed, he may not even wait a year.

OH...and the Cowboys had better get to work on the OL or else the statue will be on his a$$ all year and TO ain't catching a damn thing.

Mjcpr
3/17/2006, 09:56 AM
OH...and the Cowboys had better get to work on the OL or else the statue will be on his a$$ all year and TO ain't catching a damn thing.

What are you talking about? They signed that G from Detroit. :rolleyes:

I don't know who it would be but they need to draft an OL in Round 1 and a FS in Round 2.

OUthunder
3/17/2006, 09:56 AM
TO + Jerry Jones + Dallas Cowboys = Match made in heaven.

colleyvillesooner
3/17/2006, 10:06 AM
i would assume (hope) that Jerry was smart enough to not give this guy a guaranteed contract

Oh, I bet he gets at least 4-5 million guaranteed. Too many teams got interested, and the cards fell back into TO's lap. They'll guarantee some money upfront, with a huge paycheck for the 2nd year I bet. That way he has to earn it. Plus, next year he'll be 34. Hopefully he's smart enough to realize he probably can't start over again after this.

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2006, 10:11 AM
he's got a buttload of work to do to win over cowboys fans

but if he starts scoring touchdowns and they equate to wins, people will forget

until the train wreck!

Sooner in Tampa
3/17/2006, 10:13 AM
but if he starts scoring touchdowns and they equate to wins, people will forget
The universal way to win over fans. :D

Mjcpr
3/17/2006, 10:14 AM
TO + Jerry Jones + Dallas Cowboys = Match made in heaven.

That's nothing, next week is our annual Cowboys Sex Cruise on Lake Dallas. That's why there was a feverish attempt to land Culpepper.

mrowl
3/17/2006, 10:15 AM
I hope Dallas enjoys TO and his antics...of course he will be good the first year, just wait until next year.

thats the point. It is well publicized that Jerry is going for it this year.

As long as we get another OL, sign or draft a top safety, and tighten up the linebacker corp, this is a GREAT signing.

colleyvillesooner
3/17/2006, 10:33 AM
FWIW, I don't see this reported anywhere else.

But since they stupidly cut Keyshawn to save a whopping $1 million (that's nothing for an NFL team, not saying I have it laying around) they are in desperate need of a WR.

Same story here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5420122

Harry Beanbag
3/17/2006, 10:44 AM
How quickly we forget...

http://home.ripway.com/2005-1/253963/owens_star1.jpg

colleyvillesooner
3/17/2006, 10:48 AM
How quickly we forget...

If he gets signed, what can we cowboys fans do about it? Root for the team, but not TO?

It sucks because of what he has done in the past, but all we can do is watch him play and hope he doesn't act up again.

Harry Beanbag
3/17/2006, 10:56 AM
If he gets signed, what can we cowboys fans do about it? Root for the team, but not TO?

It sucks because of what he has done in the past, but all we can do is watch him play and hope he doesn't act up again.

Since I'm not a Cowboy fan, I'll probably just chuckle a bit. :)

SoonerWood
3/17/2006, 11:32 AM
How quickly we forget...

Exactly - I was looking for this pic. F*** T.O.

I'll find some way of rooting for Dallas while at the same time hoping T.O. gets lit up every play.

TopDawg
3/17/2006, 11:49 AM
Don't forget this one:

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper420/stills/mcevdl0d.jpg

mrowl
3/17/2006, 11:57 AM
How quickly we forget...

yes, that still ****es me off. But when he has 2 touchdowns in the first game this season, and stands on the star in a cowboys uni, I will be celebrating.

colleyvillesooner
3/17/2006, 12:09 PM
yes, that still ****es me off. But when he has 2 touchdowns in the first game this season, and stands on the star in a cowboys uni, I will be celebrating.

<sigh> me too :O

Scott D
3/17/2006, 03:29 PM
it would amuse me greatly....what would be more amusing is if TO goes to Denver which makes it far easier for me to hate him and the Cowboys can't get Keyshawn to re-sign because his feewings got hurt ;)

Mjcpr
3/17/2006, 03:39 PM
it would amuse me greatly....what would be more amusing is if TO goes to Denver which makes it far easier for me to hate him and the Cowboys can't get Keyshawn to re-sign because his feewings got hurt ;)

You and Thunder can start your own "I'm Jealous of the Cowboys" folder and talk about it there.

:D

OUthunder
3/17/2006, 05:02 PM
You and Thunder can start your own "I'm Jealous of the Cowboys" folder and talk about it there.

Mj, I'm a Dallas fan btw. I just can't stand Jerry Jones, Bill Parcells, or TO.

Jerry has run this team so far into the ground with his ego not even his wallet can get him back to another Super Bowl in the next ten years or so.

Plus the only reason that he has three super bowl trophies is because of JJ, Lacewell, and the rest of the Oklahoma-Switzer connection. Somedays I wish that Mark Cuban owned the Cowgirls.:eek:

Scott D
3/17/2006, 06:01 PM

The problem is that I'm not jealous of the Cowboys, and I find Jerry Jones' decisionmaking in regards to personnel to be amusing on a par with Daniel Snyder's :)

OUthunder
3/17/2006, 07:21 PM
The problem is that I'm not jealous of the Cowboys, and I find Jerry Jones' decisionmaking in regards to personnel to be amusing on a par with Daniel Snyder's :)

Worse than Snyder. The Redskins went deep into the playoffs last year.

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 01:16 AM
Cowboys sign Fabini to a 3 year, $6 million deal. Can't bitch about this either...pretty cheap signing and he'll be an upgrade to what we've had at RT. Hopefully they can draft some OL this year that can develop to replace some of the geezers down the line.

Also signed some TE from Seattle to replace Campbell.

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 01:17 AM

Somehow they managed to win 3 Super Bowls with him as owner.

colleyvillesooner
3/18/2006, 03:17 AM

Wow. Winning one game is "deep" in the playoffs?

soonermark
3/18/2006, 03:39 AM
As an Eagles fan, this coming season should be interesting.

jk the sooner fan
3/18/2006, 08:51 AM
its definitely a risk.......sometimes in business, when you're after the silver football, you take risks

no risk, no rewards.....as for the standing on the star, i guarantee you the first time he catches a TD pass wearing blue and silver, and runs to the star with the ball, the fans will go nuts

what will be interesting to watch is how Owens and Parcells react with each other, should be fun!

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 09:45 AM
I hate Owens.

I hate Dallas.

Perfect.

mrowl
3/18/2006, 10:22 AM
Plus the only reason that he has three super bowl trophies is because of JJ, Lacewell, and the rest of the Oklahoma-Switzer connection. Somedays I wish that Mark Cuban owned the Cowgirls.:eek:

wow, Lacewell and Jimmy sure did really well in the free - agent, cap era...

jk the sooner fan
3/18/2006, 10:35 AM
yeah, jimmy was a big success for the dolphins.....

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 11:16 AM
Dear Dallas haters who feel the need to inform us of their opinion,

Please list your favorite pro sports teams so the rest of us may be allowed to nitpick and make fun of your team's choices as well. You're reminding me of the Sooner haters that have no affiliation of their own, they just know they don't like OU and hide in silence until something happens that gives them ammunition.

Thanks.

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 11:34 AM
Dear Dallas haters who feel the need to inform us of their opinion,

Please list your favorite pro sports teams so the rest of us may be allowed to nitpick and make fun of your team's choices as well. You're reminding me of the Sooner haters that have no affiliation of their own, they just know they don't like OU and hide in silence until something happens that gives them ammunition.

Thanks.
Whoever plays Dallas.

You're Welcome.

mrowl
3/18/2006, 11:41 AM
yeah, jimmy was a big success for the dolphins.....

and Lacewell had tons of success drafting David LaFleur, Kavika Pittman, Ebenezer Ekuban, Solomon Page, Dwayne Goodrich, Kareem Larrimore, Willie Blade......

soonerjoker
3/18/2006, 11:46 AM
joe gibbs did in 2 seasons what tuna hasn't done in 3; win one playoff game.

Scott D
3/18/2006, 01:27 PM
Well Pat if my absolute Anti-Callahanism hasn't helped you figure that one out over the last two years I'm not gonna spell it out for you plainly ;)

mrowl
3/18/2006, 02:00 PM
Cowboys Press Conference at 2:30 today.

Nab'R
3/18/2006, 02:25 PM
from Nab'r-pedia Oklahoma State Cowboy fan

Sooner haters that have no affiliation of their own, they just know they don't like OU and hide in silence until something happens that gives them ammunition.

Nab'R
3/18/2006, 02:27 PM
I'm a Dallas fan and am extremely unhappy with the apparant signing. You can root for the team and not the person. I did it when Dallas had that crappy ut wide receiver a couple of years ago. Can't remember his name for some reason.

I don't root for Desmond Mason for the Hornets. I'll just clap loudly for the awesome assist when he makes a dunk. :D

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 03:09 PM
Whoever plays Dallas.

You're Welcome.

That sounds about right. Women do that a lot too. I don't like anyone, I just don't like ________________.

:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 03:16 PM
joe gibbs did in 2 seasons what tuna hasn't done in 3; win one playoff game.

In the end, what difference does it make if you don't win the Super Bowl? Everyone else finished in 2nd place.

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 06:02 PM
That sounds about right. Women do that a lot too. I don't like anyone, I just don't like ________________.

:rolleyes:
yeah, and simpletons like shiney objects with stars on them.

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 07:21 PM
yeah, and simpletons like shiney objects with stars on them.

Speak up, lady.

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 11:21 PM
Speak up, lady.
Clean out your ears duncey.

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 11:26 PM
Clean out your ears duncey.

There's no topping that one.

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 11:29 PM
There's no topping that one.
maybe you can get some tutoring from a Green Bay fan.

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 11:31 PM
maybe you can get some tutoring from a Green Bay fan.

Yeah, maybe.

:confused:

sanantoniosooner
3/18/2006, 11:32 PM
Dallas Cowboy fans=simpletons.......remember?

Guess it's point proven.;)

soonerjoker
3/19/2006, 01:16 PM
mjcpr
just a comparison of 2 coaches. old tuna really smells.

colleyvillesooner
3/19/2006, 02:42 PM
Dallas Cowboy fans=simpletons.......remember?

Guess it's point proven.;)

and your team is?

sanantoniosooner
3/19/2006, 02:51 PM
and your team is?
NFL sucks.

When I was young I was a HUGE Seahawks fan. Since then I've grown so disappointed in the entire league that I couldn't even get excited about them finally making it to the SuperBowl.

The fact that I don't like Dallas has more to do with the crappy bandwagoners I've encountered in OK and TX than any rivalry with a team I like.

mrowl
3/20/2006, 08:52 AM
NFL sucks.

When I was young I was a HUGE Seahawks fan. Since then I've grown so disappointed in the entire league that I couldn't even get excited about them finally making it to the SuperBowl.

The fact that I don't like Dallas has more to do with the crappy bandwagoners I've encountered in OK and TX than any rivalry with a team I like.

I am not going to be a fan of OU anymore because of all the bandwagoners that we picked up over the last five years... :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:00 AM
I am not going to be a fan of OU anymore because of all the bandwagoners that we picked up over the last five years... :rolleyes:
goodbye.

BTW......there's a whole lot more to NOT like about Dallas than just the wagon hoppers.

The BABY antics when they cried about Washington high fiving in the endzone to get endzone celebrating rules. Emmitt STARTING the whole pull the helmet off to show the world IT'S ME that scored. Aikman blaming everyone but himself when he wasn't as successful AND being an a-hole to Barry. Irvin being the pushoff king as a receiver. Hitting the lottery on the Walker trade and acting like it was all just good coaching.

And it's just natural for me to NOT like media darlings. Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, Dallas.

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2006, 09:01 AM
its flattering as a cowboy fan, how many people all across the country hate the arizona cardinals with such energy?

they dont....the cowboys, historically, are a successful organization, and thats why people hate them.....some people just need something to hate

Mjcpr
3/20/2006, 09:03 AM
its flattering as a cowboy fan, how many people all across the country hate the arizona cardinals with such energy?

they dont....the cowboys, historically, are a successful organization, and thats why people hate them.....some people just need something to hate

I've always heard them referred to as the most loved and most hated team in football.

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:04 AM

An interesting dynamics is the cross-section of Cowboy fans that are OU fans VS the Cowboy fans that are Longhorn fans.

Lot of interesting dynamics indeed.

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:05 AM
I've always heard them referred to as the most loved and most hated team in football.
Along with the Raiders.

Good company you got there.

mrowl
3/20/2006, 09:44 AM
goodbye.

BTW......there's a whole lot more to NOT like about Dallas than just the wagon hoppers.

The BABY antics when they cried about Washington high fiving in the endzone to get endzone celebrating rules. Emmitt STARTING the whole pull the helmet off to show the world IT'S ME that scored. Aikman blaming everyone but himself when he wasn't as successful AND being an a-hole to Barry. Irvin being the pushoff king as a receiver. Hitting the lottery on the Walker trade and acting like it was all just good coaching.

And it's just natural for me to NOT like media darlings. Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, Dallas.

I think your just ****ed cause you don't have an NFL team. :D

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2006, 09:52 AM
I don't have a team, so I hate the really famous/good teams in every sport.

Got it :D

GrapevineSooner
3/20/2006, 02:53 PM
Dallas Cowboys = New York Yankees = Los Angeles Lakers.

At least in terms of hatred across the country.

So I can't say San Antonio's stance really bothers me. ;)

Hitting the lottery on the Walker trade and acting like it was all just good coaching.

Don't know if you're a Spurs fan or not, but wouldn't that be like your city's NBA team hitting the lottery with Tim Duncan?

Success in sports takes some coaching and a little luck along the way. Isn't that how it normally goes?

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 08:04 PM
Don't know if you're a Spurs fan or not, but wouldn't that be like your city's NBA team hitting the lottery with Tim Duncan?

Success in sports takes some coaching and a little luck along the way. Isn't that how it normally goes?
Getting a fortunate draft pick is different from finding a maroon to trade half his team for a single player.

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 08:10 PM
To the brokeback lovers........

The quality of play on the pro level of most sports is exceptional to watch, but the individual play emphasis sucks. The loss of loyalty between team and player due to big contracts and free agency sucks. In baseball, the DH sucks and one team having a pitching staff that makes more than whole rosters on other teams sucks.

If the Spurs weren't a class organization that regards personal integrity so highly in its players, I probably wouldn't even follow the NBA.

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2006, 08:39 PM
why do you even get out of bed in the morning

if i were you, i'd just kill myself.....so much to hate, everything sucks sucks sucks

is there anything you do like?

you know, that free agency stuff you referred too happens with your beloved spurs......if Duncan bolts one day, will he suddenly suck?

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 08:43 PM
The suckage at the pro level allows me to fully enjoy the college level.

Just because I have a list of things that sucks doesn't mean that I don't have a list 10 times as long of excellent stuff.

You guys get awful bitter when the suckage involves your little cowgirls.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2006, 09:16 PM
The suckage at the pro level allows me to fully enjoy the college level.

Just because I have a list of things that sucks doesn't mean that I don't have a list 10 times as long of excellent stuff.

You guys get awful bitter when the suckage involves your little cowgirls.

cowgirls, that awesome! How did you ever think of that?

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:22 PM
That hurts considering your last contribution to the thread.........pretty much a copy of the post just before it.

colleyvillesooner
3/20/2006, 09:25 PM
That hurts considering your last contribution to the thread.........pretty much a copy of the post just before it.

That's cause I don't keep reading after I see something I can mess with. ;)

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:30 PM
That's cause I don't keep reading after I see something I can mess with. ;)
That would be my excuse if I got busted also.;)

OUthunder
3/20/2006, 09:37 PM
Has Jerry Jones had some Botox treatments or some plastic surgery? He looks different to me.

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2006, 09:43 PM
Has Jerry Jones had some Botox treatments or some plastic surgery? He looks different to me.
His plastic surgery is well documented. There were some scary photos around a while back.

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2006, 09:49 PM

he lost a considerable amount of weight, and had some plastic surgery on his face....definitely a different look than years in the past

Mjcpr
3/21/2006, 09:40 AM

I'm pretty sure he's married.

sanantoniosooner
3/21/2006, 09:42 AM
You dig through the man's garbage and can't be more conclusive?

OUthunder
3/21/2006, 11:29 AM

I can't understand how you manage to rub so many people the wrong way.

mrowl
3/21/2006, 07:46 PM
Larry Allen has been cut by the Cowboys.

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 09:31 AM
Larry Allen has been cut by the Cowboys.

Dang....I guess it had to be done for cap reasons. The last link to the Super Bowl teams of the 90s.

Keyshawn may sign with the Giants too.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 09:56 AM
i understand the reason for cutting Allen, he had his knee reconstructed, he wasnt playing all that great last year...alot of holding calls, he's heavier....i just think they knew they could do just as good with somebody else for less money

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 10:35 AM
ONe person really glad Larry is gone:

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/ket-7946-590.jpg

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 10:55 AM
I would think this move means Dallas still could/should select an OL with their first round pick....if their guy is available. If not, a S and pick an OL in Round 2. Or trade down.

:)

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 10:58 AM
its rumored they're supposed to sign olindo mare, the kicker.....they're looking for a safety and another OL

no idea who their targets are on that

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 11:05 AM
Maybe Davin Joesph? please? :D

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 11:08 AM
i'm curious to know what their draft strategy is now with all the FA movements

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 11:14 AM
i'm curious to know what their draft strategy is now with all the FA movements

Hopefully they'll kust take the best player left on the board at any of those 3 positions (OL, S, or LB). I think that's the best way to draft. That or get some schmo to take a running back for all his draft picks. :D

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 11:16 AM
its rumored they're supposed to sign olindo mare, the kicker.....they're looking for a safety and another OL

no idea who their targets are on that

I don't think there's much left in FA so I'm guessing they'll address the remaininig needs in the draft.

Oh....and I forgot about Fabini in my earlier post so I'd think they would look at S in Round 1.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 11:17 AM
man, another first round safety....i'd rather find one in FA somewhere and focus on a back up WR or OL

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 11:24 AM
What pick do they have in the 1st round?

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 11:29 AM
What pick do they have in the 1st round?

18th I think.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 11:29 AM

thats really high for a safety imo

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 11:32 AM
Winston Justice will probably be there at 18.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 11:34 AM
Winston Justice will probably be there at 18.

thats the name i've seen on several mock drafts.....not a bad choice

personally i'd rather see them address the "qb of the future"...trade up a little for that Cutler kid

Harry Beanbag
3/22/2006, 11:36 AM
personally i'd rather see them address the "qb of the future"...trade up a little for that Cutler kid

That's not a bad idea. How high do you think they can move up by trading TO? :)

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 11:39 AM

thats really high for a safety imo

I agree unless he's a superstar or something. I wouldn't mind seeing them go with an OL but I think your 1st round pick ought to start from day 1 and I don't see a rookie OT beating out Adams or Fabini so that leave C or G and that's too high for one of them too. Maybe trading down in the first round is their best option.

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 12:09 PM
I agree unless he's a superstar or something. I wouldn't mind seeing them go with an OL but I think your 1st round pick ought to start from day 1 and I don't see a rookie OT beating out Adams or Fabini so that leave C or G and that's too high for one of them too. Maybe trading down in the first round is their best option.

I wouldn't be suprised if we traded all the way out of the first round.

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if we traded all the way out of the first round.

See, now that I don't like.......I like the idea of having a first round pick because unless you completely blow it, you should be able to find a starter. The other rounds......not so much.

boomersooner28
3/22/2006, 12:58 PM
I heard we are gonna trade the entire draft for Joey Harrington. :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm kidding...but would it really surprise anyone?

mrowl
3/22/2006, 04:50 PM
I heard we are gonna trade the entire draft for Joey Harrington. :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm kidding...but would it really surprise anyone?

yes, because Ditka is not an employee of the Cowboys. (thank goodness)

The Saints are STILL attempting to recover from that move.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 04:54 PM
the ticket reported that vanderjagt was at the ranch today....so maybe we sign him over olindo mare, the dolphins havent released him yet

i'd rather sign a kicker that is used to an outdoor stadium more often than not

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 05:00 PM
Isn't he kind of old?

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 05:01 PM
no, olindo mare is younger, cheaper

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 05:05 PM
A rumor I heard was that the Dolphins weren't going to cut Mare unlesss they signed Vanderjagt.

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 05:08 PM
no, olindo mare is younger, cheaper

That's what I meant.....isn't Vanderjagt kinda old?

I saw somewhere he was almost 37.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2006, 05:11 PM
oh yeah, he is, but kickers can play into their 40's

colleyvillesooner
3/22/2006, 07:54 PM
Some reports on the web are surfacing the Vanderjagt has come to terms with the Boys. Hope it's true.

sanantoniosooner
3/22/2006, 07:57 PM
Some reports on the web are surfacing the Vanderjagt has come to terms with the Boys. Hope it's true.
Maybe he can kick Owens in the nuts if he gets out of line.

Mjcpr
3/22/2006, 09:18 PM

Yep, I've seen it on a couple of sites now. A definite improvement.

mrowl
3/23/2006, 07:08 AM
Isn't he kind of old?

And doesn't he have a VERY brokeback earring?

Mjcpr
3/23/2006, 08:43 AM
And doesn't he have a VERY brokeback earring?

Maybe, but I'm going to give him a pass on it.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/SportsXtraImages/0922c.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/SportsXtraImages/0922b.jpg

Harry Beanbag
3/23/2006, 08:50 AM
Maybe, but I'm going to give him a pass on it.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/SportsXtraImages/0922c.jpg

http://slam.canoe.ca/SportsXtraImages/0922b.jpg

Looks like the "idiot kicker" married up.

sanantoniosooner
3/23/2006, 08:59 AM
Looks like the "idiot kicker" married up.
They must have got "liquored up".

mrowl
3/23/2006, 09:42 AM
yeah, I can give the pass also.

mrowl
3/23/2006, 01:04 PM
3-Year Deal for Vanderjagt

jk the sooner fan
3/23/2006, 01:07 PM
this is huge...go back and look at the last two seasons at the games we lost because of a missed kick.....cut that number in half and it equates to a playoff season this past year

mrowl
3/23/2006, 01:08 PM
this is huge...go back and look at the last two seasons at the games we lost because of a missed kick.....cut that number in half and it equates to a playoff season this past year

agree. Unfortunately they have to waste a roster spot on a kick off guy...

Mjcpr
3/23/2006, 01:14 PM
agree. Unfortunately they have to waste a roster spot on a kick off guy...

McBriar needs to learn how. Maybe it will save his job if he starts sucking again this year.

jk the sooner fan
3/23/2006, 01:18 PM
McBriar needs to learn how. Maybe it will save his job if he starts sucking again this year.

yeah i was just wondering if McBriar can handle that

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2006, 03:28 PM
I think we will have to carry someone that can kickoff.

HOw the **** can Vandy hit from 54, but tee the ball up, and 60 yards max?