PDA

View Full Version : How in the Hell?

boomersooner28
3/13/2006, 11:03 AM
Did we make this list??????? :confused: :confused:

http://espn.go.com/

"Which of these teams seeded 5th or worse has the best chance to reach the Final 4?"

Michigan State
Pittsburgh
Oklahoma
Washington
West Virginia

CtheB
3/13/2006, 11:05 AM

"Which of these teams seeded 5th or worse has the best chance to reach the Final 4?"

Michigan State
Pittsburgh
Oklahoma
Washington
West Virginia

I guess it's the same idiot media that put us at #5 in the preseason.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 11:11 AM
Well that is just it- we stand out as a team that can be somewhat dangerous- but every one of those teams listed - I would put us as a 7 point dog against if I were a betting man.

West Virginia- Pasted us-

CtheB
3/13/2006, 11:13 AM
Well that is just it- we stand out as a team that can be somewhat dangerous- but every one of those teams listed - I would put us as a 7 point dog against if I were a betting man.

West Virginia- Pasted us-

Mojo..at this time of year, anyone that can score points will beat Oklahoma. All of those teams can, so I agree with you.

boomersooner28
3/13/2006, 11:20 AM
Yip...we have "potential"....we just don't have an "offense".

crawfish
3/13/2006, 11:26 AM
It's not offense that's our problem. It's our defense.

We have enough pure talent to make it to the final four. What we don't necessarily have is the brains. This team just doesn't play smart, doesn't play defense every time down the court, and loses focus too easily.

Thus, we're also very capable of losing our first game.

I think we win the first and lose the second.

Frozen Sooner
3/13/2006, 11:57 AM
Because we're the prototype of a team with a low seed that makes a run. Three senior starters and played WAY below our ability all year.

n8v_ndn
3/13/2006, 04:36 PM
I also heard that the bracket OU's in is 'anybodys', so they got as good a chance as anyone.

SoonerShark
3/13/2006, 05:04 PM
We have been good for about one week this season, from about the 22nd to the 29th of January. At times, we are wonderful, which is no reason to hire a chauffeur, "sometimes he's a great driver, but half the time he is out of his freakin' mind." I will be ecstatic if we win the next two games, but I would not bet the farm on us against either of our probable two opponents in Jacksonville this weekend.

My saddest thought is that OSU's young team played better against KU than anybody else the last few games.

bigdsooner
3/13/2006, 06:15 PM

Michigan State
Pittsburgh
Oklahoma
Washington
West Virginia

same here :confused:

NUSooner
3/13/2006, 07:24 PM
Well, while I think getting out of the first round is a 50/50 proposition at best, if we do I think we could be a surprise team. Florida struggled with SC's half-court game and Ohio State has struggled with Northwestern's half-court game and plays better with high tempo. I think we proved we could play with 'Nova earlier in the year.

Not likely, but if everything got turning, I could see it happen.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 07:32 PM
This is a clear case of ESPN providing sunshine for pumpers.

jthomasou78
3/13/2006, 08:03 PM
Come on now, we only got outplayed twice this year at Texas and at Colorado. we hung around with Villanova at the Pallestra. We play to the level of our competition which is good in the NCAA tourney.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 08:25 PM
West Virginia- treated us like a read headed step child.

OKC-SLC
3/14/2006, 02:46 AM
interesting that ESPN at the same time is hyping UWM as a likely upset winner over OU.

which one is it, beyonces?

It takes points and defense to win tournament games. Aye, there's the rub.

Eielson
3/14/2006, 10:36 AM

Michigan State
Pittsburgh
Oklahoma
Washington
West Virginia

I don't think it will happen. But, we can win against UW-Milwaukee. Florida has lost to South Carolina twice and lost to Alabama. Ohio State is one of the worst rebounding teams in the nation.

stoopified
3/15/2006, 04:59 PM
It is a sad state of affairs for OUr hoopsters at this point.However a time honored axiom states IT IS OFTEN DARKEST JUST BEFORE THE DAWN.If this truly is the case could we be looking at a baketball rebirth?

GottaHavePride
3/16/2006, 12:22 AM
It doesn't seem too unusual for us to be on a list of teams seeded 5th or worse that could make the Final 4. That means they're eliminating the top 16 teams in the tournament from consideration, and we're probably in the #17-21 range.

Statalyzer
3/16/2006, 02:43 PM
interesting that ESPN at the same time is hyping UWM as a likely upset winner over OU.

which one is it, beyonces?

I think we all found at which one it is.