PDA

View Full Version : sunshine pumping

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 01:02 AM
I like how everyone on this board labels the people who aren't band wagon fans sunshine pumpers. Why doesn't anyone post on ways that the team could get better. The majority of comments concern not living up to potential or another wasted year. But there is a rarity of comments about how our team can get better. Maybe you could start going to games first of all. And then maybe you could get the rest of the state of Oklahoma to start caring about basketball.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:04 AM
I like how everyone on this board labels the people who aren't band wagon fans sunshine pumpers. Why doesn't anyone post on ways that the team could get better. The majority of comments concern not living up to potential or another wasted year. But there is a rarity of comments about how our team can get better. Maybe you could start going to games first of all. And then maybe you could get the rest of the state of Oklahoma to start caring about basketball.
This will never top pop's thead, but I'll do my best to help you out.

soonermark
3/13/2006, 01:12 AM

I'd also like to add that the rumors about me telling other coaches I'm ready to move on are not true.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:15 AM
eh a little hard to make games when your out in VA defending your right to B!tch...

PrideTrombone
3/13/2006, 01:26 AM

Here's how we get better... find someone to coach offense. Hire them.

BarryBnds
3/13/2006, 01:30 AM

Why do I have to care to realize what a complete failure Kelvin has done this year as a coach. Not to mention the SHlTSTORM the NCAA is trying to lay on us.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 10:41 AM
Heh,

If they didn't make me want to vomit- I would not have as much of an issue with them winning 20 games against nobody.

I would like to see a more up tempo opportunistic offense- could be lead by crack down defense- but run at the basket a bit.

I would like to see after a made basket by the other team- that we have someone designated to throw the ball in bounds- hell we just let them get back and set up half court d... That is terrible... You don't see Texas/KU doing that- they run it down court after almost every made basket and if it is there shoot- if not back it out and set up the o- that is up tempo enough.

I take it since Kelvin failed all season to fix a minor problem- HE OBVIOUSLY does not want to be up tempo at all. He must be by design...

oumartin
3/13/2006, 02:01 PM
how come his little spek button don't show up?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/13/2006, 02:27 PM
Heh,

If they didn't make me want to vomit- I would not have as much of an issue with them winning 20 games against nobody.

I would like to see a more up tempo opportunistic offense- could be lead by crack down defense- but run at the basket a bit.

I would like to see after a made basket by the other team- that we have someone designated to throw the ball in bounds- hell we just let them get back and set up half court d... That is terrible... You don't see Texas/KU doing that- they run it down court after almost every made basket and if it is there shoot- if not back it out and set up the o- that is up tempo enough.

I take it since Kelvin failed all season to fix a minor problem- HE OBVIOUSLY does not want to be up tempo at all. He must be by design...

As much as I like Bookout and all he has done it doesn't serve us very well to play an up tempo game when he is on the floor apart from fast break opportunities of course. We also don't have enough/good enough ball handlers to run a lot right now. I generally agree that it helps a team to get into the offense as soon as possible. We SHOULD have the personnel to play a more up tempo game next year. Doesn't mean we will do it but we could.

I'd prefer an up and down the court style myself but if we could win a championship I wouldn't care what style we use.

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 02:37 PM
That would be a good reason to have Bookout throw it in- if it isn't there he will have time to get down court with out blowing his wind.

I have nothin for the ball handling though- a speedster would be good for that.

I too would take championships with pure D... but I haven't seen teams pull that off since Nova maybe and they shot 70% in the championship.

snp
3/13/2006, 04:22 PM
I wanna see a little more backcourt pressure. I remember watching games where we were down by several baskets and not much time yet and we let them walk it up the court.

I wanna see Taj get way more touches.

I wanna see Sampson stop running off players.

I wanna see us stop wasting time on the shotclock and then rushing shots.

There, that enough?