PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Samson telling other coaches he is ready to leave OU?

usmc-sooner
3/12/2006, 10:30 PM
A lot is expected to change during the next few weeks. Even within the past few days, a new name, Oklahoma's Kelvin Sampson, has popped up as possible candidate. Sampson, who previously coached at Washington State, has been at Oklahoma for 12 years and reportedly has told fellow coaches that he's ready to move. Whether ASU interests him, however, is an altogether different question

or is this just an overzealous reporter?

usmc-sooner
3/12/2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0311asubkc0311.html

sorry

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/12/2006, 10:32 PM
well, its not like he doesn't have a history with this kind of thing...

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:33 PM
he's ready to leave? how about we're ready for him to leave.

I heard Joe C. called him into the office and showed him what Sherri accomplished over the weekend and told him he might wanna look at other jobs.

just what I heard

MojoRisen
3/12/2006, 10:36 PM
teams like Michigan, Cincinnati, Maryland, Missouri State and Florida State

I noticed how he threw these names out there a lot- I hope he doesn't go to UC they are my 2nd favorite team.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/12/2006, 10:36 PM
or is this just an overzealous reporter?

I think so. There is no doubt that this year has been a disappointment but I doubt KS leaves OU when he has his best ever recruiting class coming in. I suppose you could argue the potential NCAA sanctions but those would follow KS if he left. Probably just wishful thinking by ASU.

I could see his agent floating his name out there though. That happens a lot.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:39 PM
nothing like bolting a job after you put them in the tank.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/12/2006, 10:43 PM

We're not in the tank (at least not yet). We did make the NCAA tourney and finished 3rd in the conference. I think underachieved is fair but look to MU for a team put in a tank. Things could be MUCH worse.

Doesn't mean I'm happy though and I'm an admitted pumper..

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:44 PM
I'm talking about the NCAA investigation.

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2006, 10:45 PM
I call bull****. There's no way Kelvin tells coaches that he has to recruit against that he's thinking about leaving.

MojoRisen
3/12/2006, 10:48 PM

I wonder if something is comming down like a probation - if he looses his class or a couple of guys- would it be out of the realm that it would be a bad idea to jump ship for him???

Well- I have a Jeckle and Hyde feelings about Sampson... I never got too excited about his Motion offense 20 feet from the basket like a Globe trotter trick play- with / out the trick.... but I feel bad for picking on him too much....

OUGreg723
3/12/2006, 10:48 PM
NO WAY HE LEAVES. Not while his son is on the team, not when he has the best recruiting class ever coming into Norman. Not when the future is so incredibly bright talent wise. It doesnt add up.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:50 PM
maybe the talent will come in and someone will develop them while Kelvin coaches at ASU.. :D

Crimsontothecore
3/12/2006, 11:14 PM
We're not in the tank (at least not yet). We did make the NCAA tourney and finished 3rd in the conference. I think underachieved is fair but look to MU for a team put in a tank. Things could be MUCH worse.

Doesn't mean I'm happy though and I'm an admitted pumper..
I agree. We are not in the tank. If our coach got slobbering drunk and rammed an innocent person....we would be in the tank.
If our coach got drunk and staggered to the nearest middle school to take a leak........we would be in the tank.
if our interim coach did a back-flop on national TV.......we would be in the tank.
If we were HOPING to make the NIT......we would be in the tank.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 11:16 PM
if we are content with never winning a NC in mens basketball then No, we're not in the tank.

Can't believe you guys will settle for this.

BarryBnds
3/12/2006, 11:23 PM
NO WAY HE LEAVES. Not while his son is on the team, not when he has the best recruiting class ever coming into Norman. Not when the future is so incredibly bright talent wise. It doesnt add up.

Well I think the over/under is a year and half before all those recruits are playing elsewhere.

RacerX
3/12/2006, 11:31 PM
if we are content with never winning a NC in mens basketball then No, we're not in the tank.

9-3
9-3
9-3
etc.

OklahomaTrombone
3/13/2006, 12:16 AM
I don't see Kelvin ball doing well in the desert.

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 12:45 AM
he's ready to leave? how about we're ready for him to leave.

I heard Joe C. called him into the office and showed him what Sherri accomplished over the weekend and told him he might wanna look at other jobs.

just what I heard

Who the hell do you hear this crap from? This is the problem with these boards. People complain all day about not winning a National Championship. Well guess what, Oklahoma fans don't care about basketball. Thats the reality of this state, now us folks that live in reality deal with this. Programs that win National championships have large fan bases. If a Final Four and Elite Eight season in the past four years isn't good enough for you, then I'd like to hear you answer some of these questions:

All you Kelvin doubters out there I want you to answer a couple of questions.

1. Have you ever played basketball in your life?
2. Have you ever attended the University of Oklahoma?
3. Who are you going to hire that is going to match Kelvin's success/win a National Championship.
4. How does a coach without enough fans to fill up an average sized arena get a number 4 recruiting class?
5. If you're going to complain about Kelvin, can you tell me specific basketball related reasons?
6. You guys should go jack off with the FatJack and all of the other posers that know nothing about basketball or any other sport.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 12:47 AM
Who the hell do you hear this crap from? This is the problem with these boards. People complain all day about not winning a National Championship. Well guess what, Oklahoma fans don't care about basketball. Thats the reality of this state, now us folks that live in reality deal with this. Programs that win National championships have large fan bases. If a Final Four and Elite Eight season in the past four years isn't good enough for you, then I'd like to hear you answer some of these questions:

3. Who are you going to hire that is going to match Kelvin's success/win a National Championship.
4. How does a coach without enough fans to fill up an average sized arena get a number 4 recruiting class?
5. If you're going to complain about Kelvin, can you tell me specific basketball related reasons?
6. You guys should go jack off with the FatJack and all of the other posers that no nothing about basketball or any other sport.
Registered just for this rant.

Well isn't that special.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 12:48 AM
and bam, in the red after one post.

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 12:54 AM
and bam, in the red after one post.

thats because I bleed red

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 12:55 AM
thats because I bleed red
Take some midol and quit posting for the night.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 12:56 AM
guy needs to realize its okay to disagree but in a civil or smartass way beats his way.

soonermark
3/13/2006, 12:58 AM
I thought Jay wasn't going to post on this board anymore.

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 12:59 AM
you take some midol

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 01:00 AM
oooooo, i have 5000 posts and no job, i can tell everyone how much i know about basketball when i've never played and am too fat to get out of my chair and go learn

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:01 AM
Scooters buddy.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:03 AM
Dude has me pegged. cept i have 8901 posts.

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 01:05 AM
long live jay

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 01:05 AM
take your 8091 and go bet them with fat jack. maybe you and him can talk a lot about how much you know about sports. i like how no one answered any of my questions.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:06 AM
fo sheggle my neggle.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:07 AM
eh....I'm partial either way....Maybe we need someone new....

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:09 AM
new dude called me stupid and negged me a little.

what's stupid?

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:09 AM
oooooo, i have 5000 posts and no job, i can tell everyone how much i know about basketball when i've never played and am too fat to get out of my chair and go learn

Who the hell is this guy?? GTF outta here!!

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:10 AM
new dude called me stupid and negged me a little.

what's stupid?
but did he call you a *********?

I'm special.

Soonerbornagain
3/13/2006, 01:11 AM
hey, im the dude youre talking about, im outta here, you guys go play quake 3 together for 49 hours

chriscappel
I wonder if i got hit yet?

sanantoniosooner
hey, im the dude youre talking about, im outta here, you guys go play quake 3 together for 49 hours
:(

I'm going to miss him.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/13/2006, 01:12 AM
Meni69, is that you? How have you been old buddy?

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:12 AM
dang, I was hoping he would stay.. I need some entertainment...

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:13 AM
:(

I'm going to miss him.

:D Damn i didnt even get some good shots in!!

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:14 AM
dang, I was hoping he would stay.. I need some entertainment...
Well.........if he follows in daddy scooters footsteps, he'll lie low for a page of posts before tossing a little more fuel on the fire.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:14 AM
New guy shot some neg on the two of the top 4 spek guys on the board...
kids got some juevos.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:16 AM
kids got some juevos.

eh i made the same mistake when i started....I learned the rules real quick :D

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:16 AM
kids got some juevos.
When I get a troll, he'll be just as ballsy.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:17 AM
and they wonder why we get a bad taste in our mouths for sunshine pumpers.
One bad apple spoils the bunch.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:18 AM
kids got some juevos.

And the #86 guy:D (hey im workin on it)

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:20 AM
dont worry grasshopper. You'll someday get there. ;)
did you ever see that last night?

BarryBnds
6. You guys should go jack off with the FatJack and all of the other posers that know nothing about basketball or any other sport.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. These are two seperate questions. I could find anyone to be mediocre. Why should we settle for the sh*t that's being thrown out there because we're scared we can't find a better coach? I remember Castiglione hiring a little known defensive coordinator to coach our football team and he turned out alright even though many fans and most of the team was up in arms about it.
4. Getting a #4 recruiting class and keeping them are two different things. De'Angelo Alexander should tell you what we are missing right now.
5. I can give you one real f*cking big basketball related reason. OFFENSE!!!!!! Take the lid off the basket during practice. Let the guys have some fun. Let them relax. Let them play basketball. It's not against the law to coach offense. Bobby Knight is the most successful coach in basketball today because he was an offensive innovator (yes you could use offensive a couple of ways there). I don't get the weave around the three point line until there is 5 seconds left and then force up some crap. And one more thing. GET A NEW F-ING SHIRT!!!!!!!
6. What does jacking off have to do with knowing anything about basketball? I think I've been jerked around enough this year by Kelvin.

sanantoniosooner
I got nothing against sunshine pumpers. Most are loyal fans that just want to believe the best in their team. I've been known to pump some sunshine myself.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:21 AM
yessir....very nice....if ya ever wanna shot more over feel free!! :D

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:21 AM
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. These are two seperate questions. I could find anyone to be mediocre. Why should we settle for the sh*t that's being thrown out there because we're scared we can't find a better coach? I remember Castiglione hiring a little known defensive coordinator to coach our football team and he turned out alright even though many fans and most of the team was up in arms about it.
4. Getting a #4 recruiting class and keeping them are two different things. De'Angelo Alexander should tell you what we are missing right now.
5. I can give you one real f*cking big basketball related reason. OFFENSE!!!!!! Take the lid off the basket during practice. Let the guys have some fun. Let them relax. Let them play basketball. It's not against the law to coach offense. Bobby Knight is the most successful coach in basketball today because he was an offensive innovator (yes you could use offensive a couple of ways there). I don't get the weave around the three point line until there is 5 seconds left and then force up some crap. And one more thing. GET A NEW F-ING SHIRT!!!!!!!
6. What does jacking off have to do with knowing anything about basketball? I think I've been jerked around enough this year by Kelvin.
You should be negged for taking him serious.:rolleyes:

And on a side note Barry Bonds sucks livestock appendages.

PrideTrombone
3/13/2006, 01:22 AM

1. No.
2. Yes. Went to most every home game from 2001-2004.
3. Mike Anderson from UAB, one of Roy Williams' assistants... anyone who knows how to put together an offense.
4. Oh goody, they're ranked high. Let's see how they develop. We've had a few McDonlad's AA's come in, and look at how long Kelvin was able to keep them around.
5. The offense is wildly inconsistent at best, and goes on scoring droughts increasingly often over the past few years. Player development seems not to happen at all. Ball handling is atrocious (watch us try to break a press some time), and never improves among indiviual players. A few players even got worse offensively after a year with Kelvin (Ebi Ere comes to mind). In addition, Kelvin's trademark intensity on defense has not been present this year, and we need that since we can't score on a consistent basis.
6. Why don't you tell us why Kelvin is the great basketball mind since James Naismith?

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:23 AM
I want nothing but the best for the University. I just tend to be a glass half emtpy sort.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:24 AM
HOLY CARP.......EVERYONE IS GOING TO ANSWER THE GUYS QUESTIONS.
SIT BACK AND WATCH SCOOTER PART 2

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:25 AM
:confused:

PrideTrombone
3/13/2006, 01:27 AM
HOLY CARP.......EVERYONE IS GOING TO ANSWER THE GUYS QUESTIONS.
SIT BACK AND WATCH SCOOTER PART 2

I figured it was just a troll handle for Jay or something. :)

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:28 AM
how do people get troll handles.
I've tried a couple times and it never accepts my email.

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 01:30 AM
how do people get troll handles.
I've tried a couple times and it never accepts my email.
You can't use the same email you already have used, and it wont take hotmail/yahoo.

Dude, all you need is an alias with your main account. SBC or Cable both have the option.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:34 AM
cool, I'm gonna have to try that. i signed up with sbcglobal account. gonna have to add one to it.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 01:36 AM
ooooo i wanna get in on this!!

Big Red Ron
3/13/2006, 01:48 AM

6. You guys should go jack off with the FatJack and all of the other posers that know nothing about basketball or any other sport.Let me just point out that OU used to sell out regulary when Tubbs was playin an exciting and winning brand of ball here.

1. Yes and coach
2. Double Major and post grad
3. About twenty up and comers and ten established coaches that would be more than happy to come here
4. Apparently CHEAT. Also, this is a chicken or the egg argument that Billy Tubbs can answer for ya.
5. An offense that is about as creative as a Jr. High squad, style, tempo and the defense has fallen off significantly.
6. WOW, I have a hot wife, lets just leave it at that ya sicko.

PhxSooner
3/13/2006, 01:58 AM
Kelvin would be crazy to come out here. I know he was rumored to want to take over at UA after Lute retires, but coming to ASU is something I've never heard.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 01:58 AM
I have a hotwife. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/13/2006, 02:20 AM
I gotta think even the possibility of NCAA sanctions for recruiting violations might scare away those prized recruits.

Big Red Ron
3/13/2006, 02:34 AM
I gotta think even the possibility of NCAA sanctions for recruiting violations might scare away those prized recruits.Yeah, I doubt Scotty streps foot on campus if we get a post season ban for even one year.

oumartin
3/13/2006, 02:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/gid=200603100444&prov=ap

yep. looks like scottie reynolds is reconsidering

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/13/2006, 02:36 AM
Kelvin would be crazy to come out here. I know he was rumored to want to take over at UA after Lute retires, but coming to ASU is something I've never heard.It's apparently difficult for ASU to get good basketball coaches. I think mostly it's because they have to contend with Lute Olson's U of A teams.
I've always liked Kelvin Sampson, and thought OU got shafted by the refs(yes, again) in the final 4 game we lost a couple or 3 years ago. Doesn't seem like he's on the right track, now, though.

chriscappel
3/13/2006, 02:37 AM

Yeah GO SAMPSON!!!! Way steer em away!

soonerbub
3/13/2006, 03:23 AM

Hey I want to play.

1) yup
2) yup
3) Short list--Bob Huggins :P Nolan Richardson :eek: Byron Scott ;)
4) To me he "gets" them when they start individual workouts in August--I hope he does
5) Let me qualify this one--I've seen OU practice and been at a coaching clinic with his assistants (this was a few years back)
-We have no zone offense. We rely on threes going in to beat the zone instead of ball reversals and drive/dish and our 4 man stands at the top of the key doing nothing instead of maybe cross screening or working short corner(i.e. Syracuse 03 and last Sunday at the drum)
-Against a man most of our 1-4 sets are so predictable that it takes us 15 seconds at least every time down just to get ready to try to score
-If he had read his NCAA handbook and followed the rules concerning dead and quiet periods (even after screwing up one year) we wouldn't have Myles Brand breathing down our neck
-Let me say some good things. People have to be tough-minded to play for him and I like his defensive philosophy for the most part (nobody in America defends ball screens better than us). However from the outside looking in this year he just hasn't seemed to have any intensity and his team reflects that. Maybe he is burnt out and needs a new challenge--who knows. 12 years is a long time and with his style every game is a gut cruncher. Let's face it OU as a whole has changed a LOT in his time there and most of the change is related to the old monster getting fat and sassy once again. In a nutshell if he is not able to inspire his players anymore maybe he should leave.
6) :eddie:

Harry Beanbag
3/13/2006, 07:06 AM

Yahoo! Sports - Document Not Found
The document you requested is not found.

You may be able to find what you want through our site index (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/gen/moresports).

If you still have problems, check out Help (http://help.yahoo.com/help/sports).

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=Soonerbornagain]Who the hell do you hear this crap from? This is the problem with these boards. People complain all day about not winning a National Championship. Well guess what, Oklahoma fans don't care about basketball. Thats the reality of this state, now us folks that live in reality deal with this. Programs that win National championships have large fan bases. If a Final Four and Elite Eight season in the past four years isn't good enough for you, then I'd like to hear you answer some of these questions:

4. How does a coach without enough fans to fill up an average sized arena
land a #4 recruiting class.

1. Sure did, through highschool- then chose football, also a 3 time AAU nationals contender- and state champion out of Oklahoma.
2. Father Played for OU
3. Someone who can recruit and have an exciting brand of basketball- Again I would like to have the feeling that we have a chance to go deep or a chance to win a NC.. consistently.. We get our 20 but I know we are at best a top 40 team this year...
4. Something like 500 illegal calls- but again to my point- we can get talent to OU and that has to be a priority- and to keep them and develop them for the next level- is key.

I hope Kelvin if he doesn't leave- can be more innovative in becoming cutting edge on offense, I mean- it seems like the same old shiat- I hope he realizes that people want to see some offense/ great players want to score. Why does he refuse to adjust to this...

Vegas Sooner
3/13/2006, 12:49 PM

EXACTLY!

MikeInNorman
3/13/2006, 01:06 PM
cool, I'm gonna have to try that. i signed up with sbcglobal account. gonna have to add one to it.

Will your troll ID be a Chuck Long sunshine pumper?

Stanley1
3/13/2006, 01:08 PM
3. Mike Anderson from UAB, one of Roy Williams' assistants... anyone who knows how to put together an offense.

Mike Anderson would be a terrible hire for alot of reasons. And if it was as easy as picking assistants off of the top teams, Matt Doughtery and Quin Snyder wouldn't have sucked so much.

4. Oh goody, they're ranked high. Let's see how they develop. We've had a few McDonlad's AA's come in, and look at how long Kelvin was able to keep them around.

You are right. One was a PF/C that thought he was the next Scotty Pippen. The other was a midget pg that liked the mary jane, liked cheating on summer running drills, and generally did alot of other stuff that ****ed Coach off.

5. The offense is wildly inconsistent at best, and goes on scoring droughts increasingly often over the past few years. Player development seems not to happen at all. Ball handling is atrocious (watch us try to break a press some time), and never improves among indiviual players. A few players even got worse offensively after a year with Kelvin (Ebi Ere comes to mind). In addition, Kelvin's trademark intensity on defense has not been present this year, and we need that since we can't score on a consistent basis.

Texas had a 9 minute drought in the Big 12 Championship game, should they fire their coach? Watch a college game from time to time. I'd be willing to bet you, b/c I know, that most teams will have a scoring drought at some point. Yes, OU has had some bad ones. But most teams have the same problems.

You blame Sampson for Ere not being able to hit an open jumper his SR year? Its called a shooting slump, and Ere got into a bad one.

You blame Sampson for this team not playing good defense? What, Kelvin just suddenly forgot how to teach defense?

:rolleyes:

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 01:11 PM
He picked his players- he ought to be able to coach em..

Stanley1
3/13/2006, 01:13 PM
He picked his players- he ought to be able to coach em..

Duke has had players transfer. Maryland didn't make the tourney.

Coach K and Coach Williams should be able to coach their players, right?

MojoRisen
3/13/2006, 01:17 PM
Absolutely, I don't think the Maryland faithfull are too pleased about not making the tourney & getting smoked in the ACC tourney in a must win situation. ACC is traditionally a little bit tougher than most conferences...

Gary ain't pleased - MD fans ain't pleased - but he just won a NC not too long ago- so he has some grace.

Coach K- is the number one seed in the NCAA tourney- I would bring him into it- and most of the people who transfer out of his program- are because they couldn't get PT-

PrideTrombone
3/13/2006, 01:51 PM
Mike Anderson would be a terrible hire for alot of reasons. And if it was as easy as picking assistants off of the top teams, Matt Doughtery and Quin Snyder wouldn't have sucked so much.

Name the reasons, please. Good point on Dougherty and Snyder, but others have had success too. It's not like ALL assistants are gonna suck. We would just need to find the right one.

You are right. One was a PF/C that thought he was the next Scotty Pippen. The other was a midget pg that liked the mary jane, liked cheating on summer running drills, and generally did alot of other stuff that ****ed Coach off.

Sounds like Coach Sampson is a poor judge of character at times, then.

Texas had a 9 minute drought in the Big 12 Championship game, should they fire their coach? Watch a college game from time to time. I'd be willing to bet you, b/c I know, that most teams will have a scoring drought at some point. Yes, OU has had some bad ones. But most teams have the same problems.

I wouldn't mind the scoring droughts if they didn't seem to be caused by sheer stupidity and lack of creativity. We either pass around the perimeter until the shot clock shows 5 and then jack up a 3, or Terrell drives the lane and throws up a left-handed behind-his-head runner that barely draws iron.

You blame Sampson for Ere not being able to hit an open jumper his SR year? Its called a shooting slump, and Ere got into a bad one.

Probably some of both. I do have a suspicion that Kelvin's practices feature a minimum of ball-handling and shooting.

You blame Sampson for this team not playing good defense? What, Kelvin just suddenly forgot how to teach defense?

:rolleyes:

I'm sure Kelvin can still coach defense, that's always been his strength. Maybe he's having trouble motivating the team to PLAY defense. Your guess is as good as mine.

BarryBnds
3/15/2006, 12:17 AM
Duke has had players transfer. Maryland didn't make the tourney.

Coach K and Coach Williams should be able to coach their players, right?

BIG difference. Both of the aforementioned teams have won National Championships. I've said it before, I'd rather see us have a stretch like Michigan State did a few years ago and Maryland did and then restock/reload than win 20 every year vs. the Coppin State's of the world then to watch us go out and score 40 against a MAC opponent.

Vegas Sooner
3/15/2006, 01:50 AM
........shut up idiots. He is not leaving and go back to your redneck jobs etc, b/c obviously there are no OU alum or faithful here--- it appears. We have a great program, basketball mens/womens, softball, FOOTBALL, ....even something I know nothing about...gymnastics (dont care to know at all)...... Why would anyone complain about our basketball program. I watch every game I can--the most Vegas can get, and I hate you stupid rednecks who complain---YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!! Come out to the west coast where UCLA, Oregon, UNLV, etc have nothing like we do---and they have a VERY STRONG BASKETBALL TRADITION,....if you have not noticed we have a great OU football/m/bball program....and they envy The University of Oklahoma. They cry w/ every loss. I appreciate the job Kelvin has done @ OU, appreciate the job Stoops has done,...SC..etc. ...dont get you idiots go back to whatever it is you do.

usmc-sooner
3/15/2006, 01:53 AM
damn vegas it's called perspective, get one... Sooner rather than later.

Vegas Sooner
3/15/2006, 02:18 AM
I am sorry that I have an EDUCATED perspective, b/c its just the 'necks w/ the nascar hats that say stupid crap and think we are supposed to win every game. My most mem. moment of a redneck @ an OU game,..... was the idiot who said ( The NC @ OU game) ...they should pull that Hybl or Heupel and put in .."THAT JASON APPLEWHITE"

Big Red Ron
3/15/2006, 07:37 AM
I am sorry that I have an EDUCATED perspective, b/c its just the 'necks w/ the nascar hats that say stupid crap and think we are supposed to win every game. My most mem. moment of a redneck @ an OU game,..... was the idiot who said ( The NC @ OU game) ...they should pull that Hybl or Heupel and put in .."THAT JASON APPLEWHITE"Funny there is a nascar track in Nevada not in Oklahoma. I'm an OU grad and closer to a blue blood than a redneck. You're nothing special man. I suggest you check the board rules that you agreed to before you signed in here before you go calling people names.

OUthunder
3/15/2006, 08:23 AM

Yeah, but after they see what a mediocre coach he has become, like other recruits, they'll bolt after one season.

SoonerBBall
3/15/2006, 10:28 AM
kids got some juevos.

Wow. Just wow. Shooting negspek on a relatively anonymous message board takes juevos? And that after spewing obviously false bullsh*t about Joe C. telling Kelvin to look for another job because Sherri is doing so well? You are living in some world that is parallel, or possibly skew, to our little plane of reality.

PrideTrombone
3/15/2006, 10:57 AM
I am sorry that I have an EDUCATED perspective, b/c its just the 'necks w/ the nascar hats that say stupid crap and think we are supposed to win every game. My most mem. moment of a redneck @ an OU game,..... was the idiot who said ( The NC @ OU game) ...they should pull that Hybl or Heupel and put in .."THAT JASON APPLEWHITE"

I'd believe the "educated" part of that if you could compose just ONE complete sentence with correct spelling, no ellipses, subject/verb agreement, and proper syntax.

GottaHavePride
3/15/2006, 03:05 PM
........shut up idiots. He is not leaving and go back to your redneck jobs etc, b/c obviously there are no OU alum or faithful here--- it appears. We have a great program, basketball mens/womens, softball, FOOTBALL, ....even something I know nothing about...gymnastics (dont care to know at all)...... Why would anyone complain about our basketball program. I watch every game I can--the most Vegas can get, and I hate you stupid rednecks who complain---YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!! Come out to the west coast where UCLA, Oregon, UNLV, etc have nothing like we do---and they have a VERY STRONG BASKETBALL TRADITION,....if you have not noticed we have a great OU football/m/bball program....and they envy The University of Oklahoma. They cry w/ every loss. I appreciate the job Kelvin has done @ OU, appreciate the job Stoops has done,...SC..etc. ...dont get you idiots go back to whatever it is you do.

I'm an OU alum two times around now, and I'm working on a second master's. I consider myself an extremely loyal basketball and football fan. Oh, and I'm a member of MENSA if that kills the "redneck" argument. Oh, and I complain that our best recruits seem to transfer out of here after a year OR never develop to match the potential they had when we recruited them. I complain that our players seem utterly confused (at times) as far as running an offense. I complain that we seem to get knocked out of the NCAA tournament in the first two rounds every freakin' year unless we have an absolutely incredible gamer like Hollis Price to drag the rest of the team along with him.

I suppose I'm basically complaining that Kelvin seems to be the MAck Brown of college basketball. Sure, we're a pretty solid team, but we always seem to come out flat in the big games. Can Kelvin manage to find his Vince Young and win it all? Maybe. Our question now becomes: do we want to wait to find our basketball team's VY, or would we rather have a coach that can turn his players into a team.

OK, I'm done now.

soonervegas
3/15/2006, 03:09 PM
I just hope I do not get inadvertent Negspek.

Harry Beanbag
3/15/2006, 03:43 PM
I just hope I do not get inadvertent Negspek.

Oops, too late. ;)

stoopified
3/15/2006, 04:33 PM

Don't mean to pick a fight here brother but IF KS leaves or is fired who would be able AND willing to come in here and get 'er done?

MojoRisen
3/15/2006, 04:37 PM
Wait- don't anser that question... We put about 25 names out there a few months back....

Personally- the almight dollar could get some folks- How about the Ill coach? Not Self- you know...

You might see one tomorrow-

Frozen Sooner
3/15/2006, 04:55 PM
I'm an OU alum two times around now, and I'm working on a second master's. I consider myself an extremely loyal basketball and football fan. Oh, and I'm a member of MENSA if that kills the "redneck" argument. Oh, and I complain that our best recruits seem to transfer out of here after a year OR never develop to match the potential they had when we recruited them. I complain that our players seem utterly confused (at times) as far as running an offense. I complain that we seem to get knocked out of the NCAA tournament in the first two rounds every freakin' year unless we have an absolutely incredible gamer like Hollis Price to drag the rest of the team along with him.

I suppose I'm basically complaining that Kelvin seems to be the MAck Brown of college basketball. Sure, we're a pretty solid team, but we always seem to come out flat in the big games. Can Kelvin manage to find his Vince Young and win it all? Maybe. Our question now becomes: do we want to wait to find our basketball team's VY, or would we rather have a coach that can turn his players into a team.

OK, I'm done now.

Nah, you're pretty much a redneck. :D

stoopified
3/15/2006, 05:11 PM
Wait- don't anser that question... We put about 25 names out there a few months back....

Personally- the almight dollar could get some folks- How about the Ill coach? Not Self- you know...

You might see one tomorrow-
Funny I have asked on many occassiona who is able and willing to take the OU job and could surpass KS and there have NEVER been any realistic replies.Byron Scott leave the NBA,yeah right ,Bob Huggins ,a thug who recruits thugs( like OU does not have enough image problems.The coach at Illinois whomever he is would not laeve a basketball first school to come to OU.

MojoRisen
3/15/2006, 05:39 PM
SoonerJam: a Big time contract- may change anyones mind- even then please I guess Kelvin was a superstar that is ill-replaceable.

Cost of living in Oklahoma is low- Big money in Oklahoma is a nice thing!

Now- if you don't think he is replaceable- most of us learn the hard way that we are!