PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will We Go?

Octavian
3/12/2006, 07:12 PM
??

edit: my bad, option #1 discounts following the Lady Sooners.

Big Red Ron
3/12/2006, 07:27 PM
This is going to be ugly. Maybe it'll motivate the team.

I see Top Daug and Little Nicky haven't voted yet. :rolleyes:

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 07:31 PM
I have seen nothing the last several games to give me confidence that we can beat UW-M. This team has constantly disappointed me all season after they lose or win ugly--I always think, "they're going to come out fired up next game". Then they either lose or win ugly.

Or lose ugly.

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 07:31 PM
I probably shouldn't have voted yet. I'll probably change my mind to a 2nd round loss later this week. Right now I like the draw but playing in Florida has me torn in the 2nd round.

Big Red Ron
3/12/2006, 07:34 PM
I probably shouldn't have voted yet. I'll probably change my mind to a 2nd round loss later this week. Right now I like the draw but playing in Florida has me torn in the 2nd round.You're so the guy who voted "Elite Eight."

Octavian
3/12/2006, 07:34 PM
all votes are final.

no refunds or exchanges.

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 07:35 PM
You're so the guy who voted "Elite Eight."
nah, cappel

Big Red Ron
3/12/2006, 07:36 PM
nah, cappelheh, then he's the sixteen dude...lol

tanjou
3/12/2006, 07:40 PM
UW-M was talented last year in the tourney. I see them doing well again. That's not good for us.

Sadly, my pick on the UW-M/OU game is one of the few I feel good about. This year's bracket is all kinds of ****ed up.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 07:42 PM
I think cappel was tired when he voted elite 8.

numbnuts picked em for the sweet 16

SoonerShark
3/12/2006, 07:45 PM
One and done, with the way we have been playing. Mediocre teams have given us problems. OSU nearly beats us in Norman, then has to rally to beat Baylor in Stillwater. Of course, OSU gave KU its toughest contest in Dallas. How ugly will next year be? Two years from now we should be substantially better, unless we have all of our prize recruits transfer. If Drew Lavender had stayed, we might have been a number 2 seed, playing Dallas. I just put the lower level, sidelines NCAA subregional tickets I ordered last year on EBay.

Lest I seem too much of a gloom and doomer as to basketball, let me add that I am keeping my basketball tickets for next year, but I will let my football tickets go because I am tired of the athletic department's greed and the way they are treating ticket holders who have held tickets for nearly 50 years. At least the basketball program seems grateful for my contribution.

Big Red Ron
3/12/2006, 07:52 PM
Pumpers are getting pounded on this one. ;)

fossil
3/12/2006, 08:02 PM
:hmfic: Dang it Octavian! I didn't read the first post of this threat before I voted. I thought you were talking about the lady Sooners basketball team. I voted elite 8. Sorry, should read a couple of posts before I assumed you meant the women's team.

Octavian
3/12/2006, 08:06 PM
:hmfic: Dang it Octavian! I didn't read the first post of this threat before I voted. I thought you were talking about the lady Sooners basketball team. I voted elite 8. Sorry, should read a couple of posts before I assumed you meant the women's team.

all votes are final.

no refunds or exchanges

;)

bigdsooner
3/12/2006, 09:11 PM
i hope to hell im wrong, i really thought about it first, and no matter how i feel, i cant bring myself to out us in the 1st rd. surely we can beat uwm....cant we?

oumartin
3/12/2006, 09:21 PM
OU will be the upset special by the experts.

Newbomb Turk
3/12/2006, 09:25 PM
OU will be the upset special by the experts.

I hope the experts are wrong, like they usually are.
I'm far from an expert, but I say one and done.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 09:28 PM
I hope they win it all. Kelvin lovers come back and shove it in our face. I just don't see it happening.

OU-HSV
3/12/2006, 09:28 PM
I think Florida will beat us...but I hope I'm wrong.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 09:32 PM
I think florida beat UW-mil

Big Red Ron
3/12/2006, 09:39 PM
UW-Mil was a sweet sixteen team last year :eek:

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 09:45 PM
UW-Mil was a sweet sixteen team last year :eek:
heh.

so was Utah.

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 09:48 PM
UW-Mil had a different coach and another star player in McCants.

OU-HSV
3/12/2006, 09:49 PM
UW-Mil had a different coach and another star player in MyPants.
Whaaa?

oumartin
3/12/2006, 09:49 PM
so was Utah

only cuz they played OU

Numbnuts has all the answers don't he

BarryBnds
3/12/2006, 10:16 PM
I hope they win it all. Kelvin lovers come back and shove it in our face. I just don't see it happening.

No offense but the Kelvin lovers could spin our upcoming first round loss into a positive way to end the season. Jay doesn't have the cajones anymore to post in public. He'd rather fill up my PM's with stuff about Barry Bonds.:rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
3/12/2006, 10:19 PM
UW-MIL will zone the **** out of us and jack up 3's all day long.

Can hardly wait to see what that mad scientist offensive wizard Calvin comes up with. :rolleyes:

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:20 PM
Jay isn't suppose to send out PM's.
Jay is just close to Kelvin and thats cool. I'd take up for him too if I was close to him.

But I'm not and I think he needs to get his crap together and figure something out!

JohnnyMack
3/12/2006, 10:22 PM
You call him Boo, I call him, THE DAGGER. My pick for the guard that'll shoot our lights out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=16174

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/12/2006, 10:29 PM
I can't say I'm close to 100% confident that we will beat even UWM (last game against Neb really burst my bubble) but I do think it is at least one of the better match-ups we could get. Chances are fair as well that Florida gets bounced in the first round. If it is a second round match-up with Florida though I don't like our chances too much. I think we were put in the bracket where we stand the best chance of a suprise run. I just wish I felt better about it happening.

I do think we win game one, so that is something.

usmc-sooner
3/13/2006, 12:04 AM
UW-Mil had a different coach and another star player in McCants.

but I thought you said places like OU can't get star players, but if UW-Mil nevermind

OKC-SLC
3/13/2006, 12:13 AM
You call him Boo, I call him, THE DAGGER. My pick for the guard that'll shoot our lights out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=16174
heh.

what i find funny is the assumption--no, knowledge--that a guard will shoot our lights out.

NickZeppelin
3/13/2006, 12:53 AM
but I thought you said places like OU can't get star players, but if UW-Mil nevermind

I said it's hard to get a 5 star type guy consistantly. That's another discussion anyway.

Big Red Ron
3/13/2006, 02:00 AM
UW-Mil had a different coach and another star player in McCants.They've also got about twelve seniors.

SoonerStormchaser
3/13/2006, 08:44 AM
Sorry guys, after seeing the choke job against Nebraska, I don't think we're gonna make it past the first round (see Kansas vs. Bucknell last year).

...but I'm hoping for the sweet 16...

Eielson
3/13/2006, 08:49 AM
One and done, with the way we have been playing. Mediocre teams have given us problems. OSU nearly beats us in Norman, then has to rally to beat Baylor in Stillwater. Of course, OSU gave KU its toughest contest in Dallas. How ugly will next year be? Two years from now we should be substantially better, unless we have all of our prize recruits transfer. If Drew Lavender had stayed, we might have been a number 2 seed, playing Dallas. I just put the lower level, sidelines NCAA subregional tickets I ordered last year on EBay.

Lest I seem too much of a gloom and doomer as to basketball, let me add that I am keeping my basketball tickets for next year, but I will let my football tickets go because I am tired of the athletic department's greed and the way they are treating ticket holders who have held tickets for nearly 50 years. At least the basketball program seems grateful for my contribution.

at Tennessee L 80-76
at S Carolina L 68-62
S Carolina L 71-67
at Arkansas L 85-81
Tennessee L 76-72
at Alabama L 82-77

Florida looks like they struggle against mediocre teams also. Tennessee is the only above average team on there and they are overrated.

Skysooner
3/13/2006, 09:19 AM
Doh, I said Elite 8 for the women. One and done for the men.

NickZeppelin
3/13/2006, 11:13 AM
In 2000 we were coming off a choke job against OSU and had to play Arizona as the 13 seed. No one ever thinks of that season as a disappointment anymore.

crawfish
3/13/2006, 11:28 AM
I think the men lose in the second round.

I think the women make it to the Final Four and lose the first game.

MiccoMacey
3/13/2006, 11:32 AM
Why not? The bitch has sent me about 4 in the last few days. I told him to bring his fight to the board so we could all enjoy his pity parties.

No good can come from this. He's been "banned" from this board by Phil.

I don't know you or him from Adam. I have no dog in your fight.

All I'm saying is there's no need to post this stuff.

CtheB
3/13/2006, 11:43 AM
No good can come from this. He's been "banned" from this board by Phil.

I don't know you or him from Adam. I have no dog in your fight.

All I'm saying is there's no need to post this stuff.

Agree. I say you just leave Jay "be", Bondsy. And also remember that all of this stuff is just opinion, not that important in the grand scheme of things and there's no need for it to be personal.

Desert Sapper
3/13/2006, 01:36 PM
I can't see us getting past the second round in the Men's Tourney. Even if we do beat UW-M (and not embarrass ourselves like we did against NU), we still have to face off against likely 3 seed Florida. Beating them with the way we've played this year just doesn't seem possible.

The women have a better than average shot at the Final Four. That would at least be better than bad. Then it's time to focus on Football (like I've done anything else since the Holiday Bowl).

OUstud
3/13/2006, 07:11 PM
In 2000 we were coming off a choke job against OSU and had to play Arizona as the 13 seed. No one ever thinks of that season as a disappointment anymore.

True.

King Crimson
3/13/2006, 07:17 PM

actually, losing at ATM on a last second shot in the final regular season game nearly cost us even BEING in the tournament that year. true, the OSU lost didn't help either.

birddog
3/13/2006, 08:45 PM
We also weren't ranked in the Top 5. Nobody expected much of that team.

NickZeppelin
3/13/2006, 09:39 PM
I think they were ranked in the top 25 for some of that season. I think the lost it after the Murray State. Looking at that season's resume how the hell did we even make the Tourney that year?

birddog
3/13/2006, 10:12 PM
I've asked that a couple of times. But yeah, that was a weird year.

OKC-SLC
3/14/2006, 02:55 AM
we made it on Sampson's coattails, I think. We were the last at-large team that year. i'm pretty sure the year was 1999, though.

Interestingly, I used to live right across the street from The Mont. Some buddies and I were there a night or two after we lost out of that tournament to MSU (after Eduardo and Mateen Cleaves butted heads), and several of the team showed up after flying in. Humphrey admitted that he goaltended on that winning basket.

NickZeppelin
3/14/2006, 01:25 PM
There is a picture in the next days paper that shows that it wasn't a goaltend.

Big Red Ron
3/14/2006, 01:37 PM
There is a picture in the next days paper that shows that it wasn't a goaltend.Cuz surely the guy in the picture wouldn't know.:rolleyes:

Mozart Loves Switzer
3/14/2006, 09:32 PM
UW-Milwaukee will not be intimated by us for other reasons than we know because we watch us play every or almost every game (mental lapses, lack of defense, scoring lulls, etc.) UW-M has five seniors that went to, what the S16, last year?

The tournament media frenzy and hoopla won't bother them for they have already been exposed to it. Our team has all the pressure on them to show why they were preseason top ten. We have lapses on defense all game and we go on scoring droughts every game. In this game, we will tense up and play horribly and it will show in the scoring column.

Offense? I have no explanation for what that is or designed to do and yes, I have played the game. Loyal fan but will be proud to eat my words here...one and done.

BarryBnds
3/15/2006, 12:12 AM
Agree. I say you just leave Jay "be", Bondsy. And also remember that all of this stuff is just opinion, not that important in the grand scheme of things and there's no need for it to be personal.

I'll take your advice. I see all this stuff as fun anyways, but it's obvious when peeps take this stuff to heart.

TripleOption14
3/15/2006, 10:32 AM
Shh...!! Its been time for football season for quite some time now!!

RacerX
3/15/2006, 03:31 PM
UW-Milwaukee will not be intimated by us

Is the game on Cinemax?

RacerX
3/15/2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks Phil.

RacerX
3/15/2006, 03:38 PM
I think Golic has us going to the Elite 8. I'm glad I shave with an electric.

Octavian
3/15/2006, 04:06 PM
With 110 votes in, about 85% think the Sooners will not reach the Sweet 16

RacerX
3/15/2006, 04:16 PM
I had my Crimson colored glasses on when voted win the first game....and I had no idea how potentially bad *** UW-Mil is.

josh09
3/15/2006, 05:00 PM
i think we get lucky against florida, then lose to OSU (ohio state) in the sweet 16.

cmon guys, were at least gonna get past the first round

OUthunder
3/15/2006, 05:04 PM
One & Done.:(

josh09
3/15/2006, 05:05 PM
just a thought, but we need a girls poll too.

OUthunder
3/15/2006, 05:09 PM
just a thought, but we need a girls poll too.

With boobie pics.:D

josh09
3/16/2006, 10:56 AM
With boobie pics.:D

hahaha, that could work