PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find it HILARIOUS

TopDaugIn2000
3/12/2006, 01:07 PM
that this forum has totally turned into a WOMEN'S basketball forum???!!! 15 threads on page one alone dedicated to the OU women's team. HA!

Coming from a long time supporter, I think it's GREAT!

Hey mods, can we get our own WBB forum? I'm tired of the grumbling and excuses and doom&gloom coming from the men's "fans" about "Calvin & the boys". They're trying to bring us down. :mack:

usmc-sooner
3/12/2006, 01:09 PM
I think it shows if you've got a great team, your gonna have a lot of fan support.

Great job ladies.

birddog
3/12/2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah, they play a good style of basketball and went undefeated in conference. They definitely deserve it.

King Crimson
3/12/2006, 01:37 PM
i don't find it "hilarious" but interesting and well-deserved. at Insider they have their own Women's hoops board.

we have fans of "winners". that's OU fan.

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/12/2006, 02:33 PM
that this forum has totally turned into a WOMEN'S basketball forum???!!! 15 threads on page one alone dedicated to the OU women's team. HA!

Coming from a long time supporter, I think it's GREAT!

Hey mods, can we get our own WBB forum? I'm tired of the grumbling and excuses and doom&gloom coming from the men's "fans" about "Calvin & the boys". They're trying to bring us down. :mack:

And when the Football team wins a championship, there are lots of posts about it too. Is there a point here or are you simply ranting about something that should be a positive and a source of pride?

oumartin
3/12/2006, 02:33 PM
Everyone loves a winner. Thats why we love OU (womens) basketball :D

Skysooner
3/12/2006, 02:38 PM
I think people like the style better. Sherri is more like that poker player that will bluff and go all-in with a pair of 2s. Her teams run others out of the gym.

Kelvin is more like the guy that folds and folds when he doesn't have a winning hand and yet can be bluffed when he is holding all of the cards.

This is not actually a bad thing, but Sherri's style of basketball is more fan friendly.

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/12/2006, 02:40 PM
This is not actually a bad thing, but Sherri's style of basketball is more fan friendly.

First time I read that I thought it said, "more man friendly."

The thing is, I didn't necessarily disagree with it. ;)

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 02:40 PM
Winning is fan friendly.

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 02:55 PM
Winning is man friendly.
NTTAWWT.

Skysooner
3/12/2006, 02:56 PM
Winning is fan friendly.

Agreed, but I was there the first time Kelvin took a team into Allen fieldhouse, and it always seems like he is playing totally conservative all of the time. It is playing the odds which is a good thing sometimes, but it is not that fun to watch.

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 02:56 PM
it's a lot more fun to talk about a team that plays hard, smart, successful basketball.

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 02:58 PM
Agreed, but I was there the first time Kelvin took a team into Allen fieldhouse, and it always seems like he is playing totally conservative all of the time. It is playing the odds which is a good thing sometimes, but it is not that fun to watch.
Being a Spurs fan, I'll say that tough defense cand be real boring, except for the final score.

Anybody remember 13-2? We bored the entire planet and celebrated like we won the lottery.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 03:08 PM
defensive football is alot better than (offensive) defensive basketball.

NormanPride
3/12/2006, 03:27 PM
who needs a separate forum when men's basketball is now the afterthought?

...and will continue to be after they lose in the first round. You gotta beware the 7-10 game. The 7 always loses :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/12/2006, 03:31 PM
i'll talk about softball too now that we finally found us a pitcher...

oumartin
3/12/2006, 03:38 PM
is the softball team finding itself? they had a couple losses early dent they?

Skysooner
3/12/2006, 03:48 PM
Being a Spurs fan, I'll say that tough defense cand be real boring, except for the final score.

Anybody remember 13-2? We bored the entire planet and celebrated like we won the lottery.

I don't mind tough-nosed defense. However, the only reason we only scored 13 in that game was Josh was hurt. It should have been worse. If every game was a 13-3, 10-7 in football, it would get boring as well. Remember the Cotton Bowl against Arkansas? That was some boring football. Of course I'll take the result, but it isn't fun to watch.

BarryBnds
3/12/2006, 04:02 PM
who needs a separate forum when men's basketball is now the afterthought?

...and will continue to be after they lose in the first round. You gotta beware the 7-10 game. The 7 always loses :(

Not so fast my friend. I think we actually might be able to upset a 7 seed.

SnappyDaze
3/12/2006, 07:06 PM
I've always been a bigger fan of women's basketball than men's basketball so the popularity has made me happy.

chriscappel
3/12/2006, 07:08 PM
Hey I'll support any Sooner sport....Seems the Women got the best chance this yaer to bring it hoome....SO.....GO LADY SOONERS!

jdsooner
3/14/2006, 01:35 AM
When Kelvin and the boys make an early exit and Sherri and the gals make it to the Final Four, the women will own this board.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2006, 02:05 AM
is the softball team finding itself? they had a couple losses early dent they?

if you take out her first game, mathis is pitching at a 1 ERA and it has really helped. of course, osterman has only given up 2 ERs all year long.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/14/2006, 02:11 AM
looks like mathis gave up a gopher ball today against north texas that'll push her era back up around 2.5

hudsonpillar also had a good game against UVSA. UVSA?

lefties have tended to be a lot stronger under gasso than right handers. however, i'm still going to wait until next year before i send my daughter to her pitching camp ;)

Soonerborn03
3/14/2006, 11:25 AM
I don't like all of the attention that the Women's team is getting. That just means that I'll have to work twice as hard next year to make the band because any retard that can play a trumpet is going to want to go on the trips that our Women's team is going to take us on next year.

This women's team is a lot of fun to watch. I'm amazed at the amount of turnovers they had against Baylor and that I found myself not all that frustrated. I love the emotion that the players show. I think it makes you feel more engaged in the experience if you share the same excitement that the players are showing on the court. Outside of Kellen running off the bench to meet the players and Taj's celebration after an occasional dunk, there isn't a whole lot emotion from our men's team.

OUTrumpet
3/14/2006, 12:12 PM
Everyone loves hot women. Thats why we love OU (womens) basketball :D

Fixed it for ya. :D