PDA

View Full Version : Hey OUThunder

Jerk
3/12/2006, 12:56 PM
You'll be sad to know that Oklahoma has a D- from the Brady Center.

Of course, you can move to Washington DC where they have a 'B.' The only reason they don't have an 'A' is because Congress can repeal all of their laws. Wouldn't you feel more safe there?

Oh....Just remember, Washington DC has a murder rate of 48 per 100,000.

Oklahoma has a murder rate of 5.3 per 100,000

http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/

Oklahoma (http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ok)

They don't have a similar page for D.C. I wonder why?

Just trying to help you out. Hell, I'll even drive the moving truck for you if you pay for the fuel.

Scott D
3/12/2006, 02:31 PM
yeah....bait much?

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 04:24 PM
Heh, what a numbskull... I don't even live in Oklahoma.

Jerk
3/12/2006, 04:48 PM
Where ever it is, as long as it's not here, dipsh*t.

Newbomb Turk
3/12/2006, 05:06 PM
now that's not very nice.

BudSooner
3/12/2006, 05:19 PM
W00t! Nachos with ketchup!!!!

Ooops, sorry, wrong thread. ;)

sooneron
3/12/2006, 05:40 PM
I guess Thunder has something against a gun that fires 1800 rounds a second or something.

Jerk
3/12/2006, 06:50 PM
I guess Thunder has something against a gun that fires 1800 rounds a second or something.

Not even close. Unregistered machine guns are already illegal, and new machine guns have been illegal since 1986.

Aimed rifle fire is much more deadly, anyway.

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 07:03 PM

Let me get this straight... You're driving a truck for a living while I have a Pharmacy and a Business degree hanging on the wall and i'm the dip****?

You are one funny beyonce!

BTW, Why don't you go play with one of your toys and hopefully it will go off accidently while you're cleaning it!:D

Jerk
3/12/2006, 08:48 PM
Good for your degree. I have one, too- liberal arts- mostly history. I would never bring that up, though, only asswhipes like to brag about their credentials to win a debate- which, by the way, you've never answered my original post in Presidential Poll thread, nor have you made an argument as to why states with strict gun control have more crime, which is apparant to anyone who visits the Brady site and reads their state by state grades, and I even provided the link for you.

As for trucking, I enjoy it. I got into driving a truck because I couldn't take sitting in an office all day. I probably enjoy it alot more than I would sitting in a pharmacy all the time. If it gives you a sense of superiority, fine. It doesn't mean a flying f*** to me.

Back to the point: it is obvious you know nothing about firearms laws yet you advocate certain legislation (AWB) and you don't even know what it really did and what it was about. The feminine-like reaction you had with your cliche's and the insults really showed your lack of knowledge. What's next? Are you going to critique my spelling? All you know is guns=bad, but you have no depth in your thinking. Maybe some day you'll be stuck in a bad situation, like a robbery or a rape, and be totally defensless. I'd laugh my *** off, because no one would deserve it more.

btw- your more likely to die in a car accident than I am to have an accident with a gun.

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 09:01 PM
Good for your degree. I have one, too- liberal arts- mostly history. I would never bring that up, though, only asswhipes like to brag about their credentials to win a debate- which, by the way, you've never answered my original post in Presidential Poll thread, nor have you made an argument as to why states with strict gun control have more crime, which is apparant to anyone who visits the Brady site and reads their state by state grades, and I even provided the link for you.

As for trucking, I enjoy it. I got into driving a truck because I couldn't take sitting in an office all day. I probably enjoy it alot more than I would sitting in a pharmacy all the time. If it gives you a sense of superiority, fine. It doesn't mean a flying f*** to me.

Back to the point: it is obvious you know nothing about firearms laws yet you advocate certain legislation (AWB) and you don't even know what it really did and what it was about. The feminine-like reaction you had with your cliche's and the insults really showed your lack of knowledge. What's next? Are you going to critique my spelling? All you know is guns=bad, but you have no depth in your thinking. Maybe some day you'll be stuck in a bad situation, like a robbery or a rape, and be totally defensless. I'd laugh my *** off, because no one would deserve it more.

btw- your more likely to die in a car accident than I am to have an accident with a gun.

Lid is the one that critiques spelling and grammar not me.

BTW, Mr. Liberal Arts (Degree for dumbasses) I own a handgun. My point was simply this: Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting. The people buying anything more are probably trying to make up for small penis size and the fact that mommy didn't give them enough titty when they were a baby.

It seems that you may fall in the category of both.

BTW, do you drive a Frito Lay truck or Pepsi truck, because I could use a snack and something to drink.

Jerk
3/12/2006, 09:08 PM
I drive a tanker truck, but anyway...

Thanks for finally coming around to debating your position, but you really need to stop obsessing about the size of my dick.

I hope you get the bird-flu when all those sick people come in your store needing medicine.

Newbomb Turk
3/12/2006, 09:20 PM
Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting.

or a rifle.

and the answer to this is....?

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2006, 09:34 PM

My point was simply this: Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting. The people buying anything more are probably trying to make up for small penis size and the fact that mommy didn't give them enough titty when they were a baby.

Maybe because it's my right as an American? The Constitution didn't need to be ammended or a Supreme Court decision made for that one.

But, while we're on the subject, why do people need to take so many pills? Pills and medicines can weaken the body's natural immune system and therefore making them a neccesity for life. Doctors should be regulated on what and when they can prescribe drugs. Just taking a contrary position that hits a little close to home for you, so don't get your panties in a wad.

BeetDigger
3/12/2006, 09:56 PM
BTW, do you drive a Frito Lay truck or Pepsi truck, because I could use a snack and something to drink.

I am not getting into this debate. I just want to comment on that last line. Just fwiw, those people can make good money and they don't have to have a degree. I don't think that route drivers for Pepsi, Coke, Frito-Lay, Wonderbread,.... should be put down. I hope that is not your intention. They are hard working people who provide a necessary service. Where they stand on gun-control, I have no idea. Now, back to the thread at hand.....:texan:

JohnnyMack
3/12/2006, 10:14 PM
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

My take on this. At the time this was written we had no National Guard, no Coast Guard and certainly didn't have any sort of formal military. IMHO this provision was written in an effort to ensure that should a time arise that a militia or an army became necessary that the populace would be able to band together as it had during the American Revolution.

As the United States grew into a more solid, more established sovreign entity one of the biggest mistakes it evar made was not doing away with the 2nd amendment. Now it's untouchable.

Okla-homey
3/12/2006, 10:27 PM
Here's my take. When I can rest assured that a 911 call will result in a cop at my front door within 30 seconds, maybe then we can then talk about repealing the 2d amendment. Until then, its a non-starter. period.

Also, in every jurisdiction in this nation there are statutes that permit victims to defend their lives and those of their families with deadly force. Without gun ownership, just how are we supposed to do that? baseball bats? swords? kung fu? sheesh.

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe because it's my right as an American? The Constitution didn't need to be ammended or a Supreme Court decision made for that one.

But, while we're on the subject, why do people need to take so many pills? Pills and medicines can weaken the body's natural immune system and therefore making them a neccesity for life. Doctors should be regulated on what and when they can prescribe drugs. Just taking a contrary position that hits a little close to home for you, so don't get your panties in a wad.

:rolleyes:

When did I ever say that people should take tons of medication?

To steal a phrase from jk: READING COMPREHENSION

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 10:28 PM
PS. This thread cracks me up and the main reason why people hate political debate threads.

Okla-homey
3/12/2006, 10:31 PM
My take on this. At the time this was written we had no National Guard, no Coast Guard and certainly didn't have any sort of formal military.

Sorry...in 1789 when the Bill of Rights were ratified, every state had a militia analagous to the modern National Guard, the regular Army existed (since 1775 in fact) and so did the Navy, Marine Corps and the US Customs Service (the "afloat" portion of which was the Coast Guard.)

next?

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2006, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

When did I ever say that people should take tons of medication?

To steal a phrase from jk: READING COMPREHENSION

I was just trying to **** you off. :D I didn't even read the other thread because of the fallout that would occur. I just figured this thread had spun out of control anyway & posting something dumb wouldn't hurt it. ;)

soonerscuba
3/12/2006, 10:34 PM
Guns have three purposes, killing things that are dangerous and delicious, and making you look cool. Like cigarettes.

JohnnyMack
3/12/2006, 10:37 PM
Sorry...in 1789 when the Bill of Rights were ratified, every state had a militia analagous to the modern National Guard, the regular Army existed (since 1775 in fact) and so did the Navy, Marine Corps and the US Customs Service (the "afloat" portion of which was the Coast Guard.)

next?

Did the Government pay to arm the militias?

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2006, 10:41 PM
Doctors should be regulated on what and when they can prescribe drugs.

They are. Unless you know a doctor who can prescribe heroin.

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2006, 10:42 PM
Prediction: This thread will get to at least 5 pages before someone gets banned. I've got my money on Thunder, but not necessarily because of anything he said.

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 10:59 PM
I was just trying to **** you off. :D I didn't even read the other thread because of the fallout that would occur. I just figured this thread had spun out of control anyway & posting something dumb wouldn't hurt it. ;)

:D

Okla-homey
3/12/2006, 11:00 PM
Did the Government pay to arm the militias?

Yes, usually. Generally, the states ( colonies before 1776) built arsenals (aka "armories") where government purchased muskets, ammunition and accouterments were kept for the use of militiamen during emergencies.

If you recall, that whole Lexington-Concorde pecadillo in 1776 went down because the British were marching on a Massachusetts arsenal to confiscate a colonial weapons stockpile of government muskets, ammunition and supplies. The "Minutemen" were called out to stop them and they turned out with their fowling pieces and hunting weapons and attacked them enroute. The "Minutemen" prevailed because there were far more of them than the two British companies given the mission.

In addition, as you say, there were statutes in existence in some of the states that required men of military age to turn out with their government- issued muskets and equipment they kept at home.

Its important to remember, in the 18th century, military long arms were smoothbore muskets. In contrast, people who used firearms to hunt and defend their homes employed rifled-muskets which were more accurate but not suited for military service since they took too long to load.

Long story that involves a discussion of the evolution of military firearms but suffice to say not until the invention of the expanding conoidal bullet in the mid 1850's ("minie ball") did rifled muskets become practical for military use. Thus, the guns maintained for the militia were not the same guns people used in their daily lives because the military arms were NOT rifled and they featured a bayonet.

I have honestly and objectively given this a lot of thought over the years and here's where I am. The framers intended uninfringed private gun ownership rights because that afforded several benefits to society. 1) people were kept familiar with firearms operation and employment 2) people could defend themselves and their families in situations where law enforcement personnel were not present 3) private gun ownership made it impossible for a despotic and unpopular national government to arise against the will of the people and 4) foreign invaders were discouraged.

IMHO, private gun ownership is an essential one of the precious freedoms given us by the framers and it is still relevant, valuable and worth defending.

SoonerInKCMO
3/13/2006, 09:36 AM
You know, I'm beginning to think that this Homey guy might be some type of history buff or something. :chinrubby:

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:04 AM
1. Way too much name calling in this thread. Knock it off.

2. Anybody who thinks the "assault weapon" ban did anything, meant anything, or reduced in any way the number of people killed by guns is simply misinformed.

3. Prescribed drugs kill so many more people than guns that you're simply talking pomegranites and testicles.

4. I own golf clubs. I own guns. I've spent lots of money on all of them. I've come closer to killing somebody with a 7-iron than I have with a gun.

5. If people who own guns have a penis-size issues, I wonder what issues guys who have to buy $500 golf clubs have.

jk the sooner fan
3/13/2006, 10:06 AM
Why would anyone in the private sector need to own any type of firearm besides a handgun for self defense or a shotgun for hunting.

because we like to shoot the other types of guns? because we enjoy owning them? what difference does it make....as law abiding citizens, we have the right, and since when do you or anybody else get to determine what is an appropriate hobby

i dont understand why its out of the realm of understanding for you anti-gun types to get that the gun crowd just enjoys shooting them

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:14 AM
Prediction: This thread will get to at least 5 pages before someone gets banned. I've got my money on Thunder, but not necessarily because of anything he said.

Then why would your money be on him?

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 10:20 AM
You know, I'm beginning to think that this Homey guy might be some type of history buff or something. :chinrubby:

Like most political questions, you can't reasonably fully appreciate an issue unless you know it's history IMHO. That's why the study of history is important. Unfortunately, the low-wattage history teachers which most folks suffered under in school were either too lazy or too stupid the frame the lessons with proper modern relevance and political implications. seriously.

Personally, I've always believed this academic discipline that I love would be much more popular were it not for slow-leak "teachers" who simply made kids memorize a bunch of dates without adding the color, background or genuine human interest aspects.

Odds are, if you had a teacher who did go the extra mile in these areas, you have a much higher regard for history. You understand, that the past is prologue.

JohnnyMack
3/13/2006, 10:20 AM
i dont understand why its out of the realm of understanding for you anti-gun types to get that the gun crowd just enjoys shooting them

Prolly for the same reason I don't understand "car people" or some people don't understand "wine people" or whatever hobby they have.

JohnnyMack
3/13/2006, 10:21 AM
1. Way too much name calling in this thread. Knock it off.

You are a poo-poo head.

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:21 AM
Prolly for the same reason I don't understand "car people" or some people don't understand "wine people" or whatever hobby they have.

For the life of me, I'll never understand you "peni" people.

TexasLidig8r
3/13/2006, 10:44 AM

I respectfully dissent sirrah. I usually don't play the spelling/grammar card unless the offense is incredibly egregious.

Oh, by the way, the slams at the start of this thread were pretty lame. At least when my ole pal GDC and I go after it, there is more originality. :rolleyes:

OUthunder
3/13/2006, 10:47 AM

Like I said before... I OWN A GUN! I just don't think it's necessary to own an assault rifle or anything else of that magnitude. If you want enjoyment find something that can't kill another person on the spot.

End of topic for me.

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:50 AM
Oh. Hand guns can't kill another person on the spot? They can if I'm shooting.

And I guess if I buy those supa expensive golf clubs I'll be a scratch golfer now too. Who knew?

JohnnyMack
3/13/2006, 10:52 AM
And I guess if I buy those supa expensive golf clubs I'll be a scratch golfer now too. Who knew?

No but I can tell you that you'll look good parking your Pro-V1 in the trees with your Taylor Made driver.

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:55 AM
No but I can tell you that you'll look good parking your Pro-V1 in the trees with your Taylor Made driver.

Well as long as I look good.........

But will it make my penis bigger?

picasso
3/13/2006, 10:55 AM
I am not getting into this debate. I just want to comment on that last line. Just fwiw, those people can make good money and they don't have to have a degree. I don't think that route drivers for Pepsi, Coke, Frito-Lay, Wonderbread,.... should be put down. I hope that is not your intention. They are hard working people who provide a necessary service. Where they stand on gun-control, I have no idea. Now, back to the thread at hand.....:texan:
I know a guy who has a college degree(oSu) from my home town. started out driving for Frito-Lay. he's now an exec in Dallas and plays golf 24/7.

jk the sooner fan
3/13/2006, 10:56 AM
yeah i can do as much damage with a handgun as i can that high powered rifle

i like both, i use both within legal means......nuff said

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 10:56 AM
I know a guy who has a college degree(oSu) from my home town. started out driving for Frito-Lay. he's now an exec in Dallas and plays golf 24/7.

24/7? Dude must be tired.

picasso
3/13/2006, 11:06 AM
24/7? Dude must be tired.
well he lives near a Wal-Mart parking lot. course is lit up all night.:D

honestly I've heard that his job requires him to entertain biz partners at the country club.

and as long as we're talking about owning silly little guns that can apparently kill on the spot. I want a few of these:
http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/machguns/armmg1/arm130.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/2833/heer/infantry/mp43stg44/mp43stg44n1.jpg

Okla-homey
3/13/2006, 11:08 AM
Didn't some d00d at UNC recently rent an SUV and try to kill a bunch of people with it on the spot?

Grimey
3/13/2006, 03:05 PM
Didn't some d00d at UNC recently rent an SUV and try to kill a bunch of people with it on the spot?

perhaps a well-armed citizen that saw what was happening could have reduced the number of casualties...

Frozen Sooner
3/13/2006, 03:15 PM
I know a guy who has a college degree(oSu) from my home town.

Wait, first you say he has a college degree, then you say he went to OSU. Make up your mind.

picasso
3/13/2006, 03:36 PM
Wait, first you say he has a college degree, then you say he went to OSU. Make up your mind.
haha. he was a friend of my brother's and actually had a good gig for an oSu type. he carried the cord around for Jimmy Johnson on the sidelines.
he also had a mini museum in his pad of oSu football helmets.
remember those ugly black ones?

SoonerInKCMO
3/13/2006, 03:51 PM
Like most political questions, you can't reasonably fully appreciate an issue unless you know it's history IMHO. That's why the study of history is important. Unfortunately, the low-wattage history teachers which most folks suffered under in school were either too lazy or too stupid the frame the lessons with proper modern relevance and political implications. seriously.

Personally, I've always believed this academic discipline that I love would be much more popular were it not for slow-leak "teachers" who simply made kids memorize a bunch of dates without adding the color, background or genuine human interest aspects.

Odds are, if you had a teacher who did go the extra mile in these areas, you have a much higher regard for history. You understand, that the past is prologue.

I agree completely. All my history teachers were the 'make kids memorize dates' type... it hasn't been until the last decade or so that I've actually become interested in history and started reading some about it. I wish I'd had better teachers in the subject as a youngster.

To be fair though to the teachers, it can be difficult to teach in an entertaining way when many of the students are barely literate.