PDA

View Full Version : if the women make a deep run or win it all...

oumartin
3/12/2006, 12:54 AM
Who's gonna draw more attendance next year? the women(a fun and exciting brand of basketball to watch) or the men(yawn basketball)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/12/2006, 12:57 AM
The women, with their verging on dominance, with at least 2 super recruits next year, and so much talent returning, should outdraw the men.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 12:59 AM
Sad in a way, good in others.
I really want to have the best men, womens, and mens football teams in America. We were close in 02.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/12/2006, 01:02 AM
Sad in a way, good in others.
I really want to have the best men, womens, and mens football teams in America. We were close in 02.I would delight in upending aggy dominance in wrestling too. Oh, and tx winning baseball last yr was repulsive.:mack:

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 01:02 AM
It depends on how good James and Reynolds are. But the women this year are good but I'm not sure if they can go deep in the tourney his year for a lot of reasons. Next years team may be a better tourney team becuase of the experience and they'll probably be more athletic at guard.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 01:11 AM
ugh!

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2006, 01:28 AM
Won't happen.

The women didn't come close to outdrawing the men this year and they were giving tickets away.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/12/2006, 01:42 AM
And pray tell what are those reasons?

AllAboutThe'O'
3/12/2006, 01:43 AM
I went to two OU women's games (conference games I might add) earlier this year, and there were thousands of empty seats at LNC. I might also add that I saw them on the same nights that the Hornets were playing at OKC and the Sooner men were playing a road game. Had neither the Sooner men nor the Hornets played those nights, there would have been at least 10,000 easy at the women's games.
I would like to see attendance figures at OU women's games next year if they're not in competition with either the men or the Hornets.

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 02:18 AM
And pray tell what are those reasons?

1) Youth. There is some battletested players but it's still a young team. They could lose to a team with more experience
2) Free throw shooting. Mostly with Courtney. But we don't shoot all that well at the line as a team
3) This has a bit to do with the free throw shooting but if we have an off shooting night then it's a lot easier to defend OU.
4) Turnovers. There are times when we turn it over a few too many times.

KC//CRIMSON
3/12/2006, 02:21 AM
5) Originally Posted by NickZeppelin
No it is good for seeding. Now because of the 16-0 regular season OU is atleast gaurenteed a 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney in the woman's game. If she got a trophy for it fine. But it doesn't mean that her team has done a whole lot.