PDA

View Full Version : New Car Advice

SCOUT
3/12/2006, 12:53 AM
I am going to be leasing a new car in the next few weeks and I was hoping for a little help with the final decision.

I have it narrowed down to two specific cars but I can't decide which one to go with.

I am looking at the 2006 BMW 330i with most of the bells and whistles. I currently have a 330i and I absolutely love it. I have no complaints and would be happy with another one.

I am aslo looking at the Volvo S60 R AWD. I hadn't really been interested in this car but after driving it I am really impressed. It is a 300 hp beast with a variable suspension system. It is almost like a muscle car in a Volvo body.

The prices of these two cars are pretty comparable so that isn't really an issue.

Any insights or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 01:01 AM
Lease a hyndai :D

SOONER44EVER
3/12/2006, 01:12 AM
Why lease a car?

SCOUT
3/12/2006, 01:18 AM
Why lease a car?
I work from home so I put very little wear and tear on my car. I also change cars every 3-4 years anyway so I rarely see the benefit of actually owning it outright. My current lease is up in May and I am positive on my residual value by about $3,000. The leases I am looking at have an interest rate in the 2-3% range so the payments are pretty reasonable too.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 01:23 AM
so, you can lease a bmw for $250.00 a month? thats what I consider reasonable.

Cam
3/12/2006, 08:30 AM
BMW all the way.

OU-HSV
3/12/2006, 08:32 AM
:O I'd help, but both those cars are out of my league, I'm a family man w/a '98 Toyota Camry and a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Sorry.

slickdawg
3/12/2006, 09:35 AM
You already love the beemer, stay with it.

If you can move up to a BMW Z8, I'd recommend it.

Okla-homey
3/12/2006, 09:37 AM
Go with the Swedish AWD beauty. Besides, people automatically ascribe increased intelligence to Volvo drivers. You can look it up.;)

yermom
3/12/2006, 09:50 AM
i've been hearing lots of problems with Volvos, i think there is a thread somewhere about S40's constantly burning oil or something on here

of course i don't like the look of the new 3 Series BMW's either

have you thought about a Subaru? ;)

slickdawg
3/12/2006, 10:11 AM
Get a volkswagen, these ads should win you over:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/22/vw-strikes-again-un-pimp-my-ride-videos/

opksooner
3/12/2006, 10:14 AM
Volvo is a good solid "ride"..........

BMW + warranty coverage = automotive nirvana.

lexsooner
3/12/2006, 10:27 AM
I am going to be leasing a new car in the next few weeks and I was hoping for a little help with the final decision.

I have it narrowed down to two specific cars but I can't decide which one to go with.

I am looking at the 2006 BMW 330i with most of the bells and whistles. I currently have a 330i and I absolutely love it. I have no complaints and would be happy with another one.

I am aslo looking at the Volvo S60 R AWD. I hadn't really been interested in this car but after driving it I am really impressed. It is a 300 hp beast with a variable suspension system. It is almost like a muscle car in a Volvo body.

The prices of these two cars are pretty comparable so that isn't really an issue.

Any insights or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2003 325xi (AWD). I test drove the 2006 3 series and loved it. It is completely re-engineered and is significantly wider and roomier than the former model. When I bought the 325xi a couple of years ago, they would not come down much for their new models, but were willing to come down a lot for their one year old used vehicles they used as loaner cars for service customers. If you want a 2006 but also have sticker shock, you might consider waiting a year and seeing if they have loaners for sale. Mine only had about 12,000 miles on it when I bought it.

I plan to eventually get the current 3 series or move up to the 5 series, since they now offer the xi AWD which I have to have, since Kentucky winters are a bit more harsh than Oklahoma's.

I hope you have another vehicle, because the rear wheel drive BMWers are no darn good on ice or snow.

Al Gore
3/12/2006, 11:37 AM
Lexus LS430.....

opksooner
3/12/2006, 12:10 PM
Lexus LS430 is a quiet, well built, reliable car. But it is a soul-less copy, typically a car for former Buick owners who now prefer "foreign iron". Not in the same league as a "driver's car" as a BMW.

No disrepect, AG, but................

Frozen Sooner
3/12/2006, 01:12 PM
Just a warning on the 5 series-BMW America is VERY proud of the xi option on it, or at least they are up here.

I like the 330xi a lot.