PDA

View Full Version : If you see a dumb kid....

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 11:06 PM
It goes without saying that the dumb kid's parents are even dumber.

So, I'm out flying an RC plane today and while landing on the lake it flips upside down and begins to drift to the other side. No big deal. Bad water landing happen all the time with no damage to the plane. I drive around the lake to watch the plane slowly drift in the wind towards the shore. Looking at my watch it takes about 20 minutes to travel half way across the lake. So, I decide to head home and grab a fishing pole to use to snag it out. It takes me less than 10 minutes to make it home, grab the pole, and back to the lake.

As I'm driving up to the lake, I see a couple of boys with their parents throwing my plane around like some freaking lawn dart. :mad: I pull up quickly, get out of the car and walk towards them when dumb *** mom says, "Mmmm, this might be the owner." Duh bitch you think? So, I take the plane from dumb brother 1 and point to dumb brother 2 and say, "Thanks for throwing the plane around like a baseball." Looking it over the nose cowl is destroyed, the engine gearbox is busted, the float tips are crushed, and the vertical tail is broken. :mad: :mad: :mad:

In comes mom with the dumbest comment to the situation. All snotty like, "Well....At least he went through the trouble of getting it out of the water for you." :mad: X 100.

Before:
http://members.cox.net/kabookies/images/gwscub.jpg

After: :mad:
http://members.cox.net/kabookies/images/damagedgws.JPG

sanantoniosooner
3/11/2006, 11:08 PM
Stupid people should die.

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:16 PM
hmm, but how stupid was it to leave a nice RC plane unattended? :D

Just askin

Czar Soonerov
3/11/2006, 11:20 PM
Well at least they got it out of the water for you...

Czar Soonerov
3/11/2006, 11:20 PM
Oops, I didn't read the whole post. Sorry.

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 11:27 PM
hmm, but how stupid was it to leave a nice RC plane unattended? :D

Just askin

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Thanks GnySgt Hartman. :mad:

Well at least they got it out of the water for you...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Arrrrrr!!!! :mad:

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:30 PM
so, is that one of them type planes you gotta carry insurance on incase you kill someone with it?

soonerhubs
3/11/2006, 11:30 PM
Some people have no respect for others property. So how old were the kids?

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/11/2006, 11:31 PM
The Irony of this thread is your Avatar and then apply it to the thread title ;)

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:33 PM
why didn't you land it closer to shore?
was the mom hawt?

usmc-sooner
3/11/2006, 11:35 PM
I would think that one highly motivated Marine, could handle these kids and their mom.

If not call me, I'll be your wing man anytime.

JohnnyMack
3/11/2006, 11:35 PM
I thought that 1tc had gone missing.

This thread sucks.

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 11:36 PM
Some people have no respect for others property. So how old were the kids?

DB#1 ~16
DB#2 ~14

JohnnyMack
3/11/2006, 11:36 PM
call me, I'll be your wing man anytime.

nttawwt :eddie:

soonerhubs
3/11/2006, 11:37 PM
DB#1 ~16
DB#2 ~14

So it's not that they were young and ignorant. They were just stupid teenagers. Got it.

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 11:39 PM
why didn't you land it closer to shore?

Gee thanks Mr. NTSB!

was the mom hawt?

Well, if you consider an 80lb meth head in skin tight white capri's with an *** as flat as day old Dr. Pepper then, sure.

usmc-sooner
3/11/2006, 11:39 PM

I guess not, if that's the way you take it:eddie:

JohnnyMack
3/11/2006, 11:40 PM
I guess not, if that's the way you take it:eddie:

Go watch the Top Gun / Brokeback Mountain thingie. I'm too lazy to find the link. :D

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:40 PM
oh Sh!t, Those were my kids ;)

Actually I am sorry about the plane. Bet that can get expensive.

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 11:41 PM

heh.

yeah, the presence of an old Marine asking for his toy plane screams intimidating! :mack:

usmc-sooner
3/11/2006, 11:43 PM
I'm too lazy to find the link. :D

then just bend over:texan:

BajaOklahoma
3/12/2006, 12:37 AM
Next time just take the fishing pole with you in the first place.
YWIA.

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2006, 01:31 AM
I think you should have got at least their tag number. I'd think a little payback is in order.

Have you considered senting a bill to dumbass mom? I'd think you'd have a case...Nobody is going to abandon an expensive R/C plane. :mad:

Jerk
3/12/2006, 08:36 AM
Is that a Parkzone Cub? I have one of those. I don't didn't know they made floats for it!

I have 2 quarter squale airplanes, each with Saito 1.80- one is an Ultimate and the other an Extra 300. The Ultimate can torque roll like a mutha facka.

I haven't flown them in several years, tho'

I just haven't had the time.

KABOOKIE
3/12/2006, 11:36 AM
I think you should have got at least their tag number. I'd think a little payback is in order.

Have you considered senting a bill to dumbass mom? I'd think you'd have a case...Nobody is going to abandon an expensive R/C plane. :mad:

You know I guess it's not the money that I'm really mad about. I'm probably only out $20. It's the time I don't have to rebuild it and the fact that the parents were there and dumb as can be. You know the dad just sat there as I got on to the little kid with this smiling look of, "Oooooh you're in trouble!" May dad would have grabbed me by the collar and told me to say sorry and my allowance would be gone for a month to pay for it.

Is that a Parkzone Cub? I have one of those. I don't didn't know they made floats for it!
Jerk, Cool planes. Saito is an awesome engine I have a Saito .56.

The foamy is a GWS Cub with a brushless motor setup 2 cell 350mA Li-po battery. The floats are from,

http://www.foamfloats.com/

AlbqSooner
3/12/2006, 11:38 AM
Well, if you consider an 80lb meth head in skin tight white capri's with an *** as flat as day old Dr. Pepper then, sure.
C'mon Man! I realize you are not getting the responses you want but to lay that kind of a visual on people before noon is just WRONG!!

BoogercountySooner
3/12/2006, 12:10 PM
Was this them?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/oubeavisandbutthead4lh.gif

KABOOKIE
3/12/2006, 07:06 PM
Was this them?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/arkiejeff/oubeavisandbutthead4lh.gif

Close. just replace the Sooner stuff with Shocker crap.

Okla-homey
3/12/2006, 07:13 PM
How much do one of those babies run? Electric? I've got a small pond near my house and I think it might be fun to get my flying freak-on on calm days.

...also, when the charge runs out, does it just dead-stick glide or what?

KABOOKIE
3/12/2006, 10:26 PM
How much do one of those babies run? Electric? I've got a small pond near my house and I think it might be fun to get my flying freak-on on calm days.

...also, when the charge runs out, does it just dead-stick glide or what?

A good foamie electric with brushless setup will probably run around $100. This one is the el-cheapo special and I probably have $70 wrapped up in it. And those prices are assuming you have the transmitter, battery chargers, etc...

The speed controller has a cutoff voltage for the battery. The servos for the flight controls run of 4.8V and when the battery gets to a certain voltage the speed control will bypass the motor and run the flight controls for the dead stick landing. I usually never run the battery down cutoff, I like to have enough juice to make a go around. I had enough electric planes come in too fast to land but not enough engine power left to out climb the neighbor's house! :D

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:30 PM
I used to have those planes on a string. those kind with the powerful little engine but I think it would be cool to have a remote control one..

usmc-sooner
3/12/2006, 11:25 PM
I thought this thread was about

http://www.maj.com/gallery/soonerpsycho/Fark/nickzepp1.jpg

Hublah
3/12/2006, 11:42 PM
I just lost 20 minutes of my life I will never be able to get back by reading this thread!!! Man that really sucks! :)

SoonerObsession
3/12/2006, 11:44 PM
I took my boys out to Lake Hefner on Saturday. We went to the RC Club by the lake and there were some amazing planes out there. The people flying them were very talented too. One of the planes had a jet engine on it and was amazingly fast. There was also a guy out there who could get his plane to hover vertically about 4 ft off the ground. I was very impressed!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/13/2006, 12:27 AM
Reminds me of the time our little weinie dog was outside in our frontyard. My mom glances out the window and sees this yainch getting Little Bit and putting her in their car.

My mom jumps in the car and follows her. When the yainch stops she says "oh I didn't know it was your dog."

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 12:34 AM
I just lost 20 minutes of my life I will never be able to get back by reading this thread!!! Man that really sucks! :)
It took you 20 minutes to read 32 posts?

Have you been poked in the eye with a stick or something?

Hublah
3/17/2006, 11:46 PM
It took you 20 minutes to read 32 posts?

Have you been poked in the eye with a stick or something?

It is an old injury from soonerhubler...he was a mean little prick when we were growing up and he shoved a stick in my eye one time camping...I still havent gotten past it...thanks for bringing it up...i may have to go kick his a$$ now!!! :)

Mjcpr
3/18/2006, 01:08 AM
Who's the anal retentive guy with the screwdrivers all lined up nice and neat on his workbench?

Will you adopt me?

KABOOKIE
3/18/2006, 01:32 AM
I'm a offisfhully skeered.........