PDA

View Full Version : So I played my first round of golf for 2006 today.

Cam
3/11/2006, 09:35 PM
Shot a 98. Considering that I didn't take any practice swings and haven't touched a club in 3-4 months, I'm totally cool with that. Oh, and I only broke 100 once last year.

A funny thing happened on 16. I used my buddies driver, just to try it out. Hit a monster drive with a slight slice that put the ball about 3 feet from a tree. I took out my 3 wood (in hind-sight, pretty stupid), and was just going to punch it out.

I must have hit the ball on the heel of the club. The ball hits the tree and hits me square in the cojones. Instead of stopping my swing, I followed thru and snapped my 3 wood in half.

My buddy's trying not to bust out laughing until he's knows I'm ok. Neither one of us were sure if it was the club or the ball that hit me. I took a quick peek and said: "It must have been the ball cause I've now got a Titleist tattoo". I really didn't, but humor was much better than crying, which I was damn close to doing.

I then took my 3 iron, which I should've used taken out in the first place, and punched the ball the way I wanted to the first time. I'm just glad we only had 2 holes left cause we were laughing our asses off the rest of the way.

Now instead of new shoes, I'm on a search for a 3 wood. Hit my buddies Callaway steelhead plus and really liked it. Tough to find though cause it's the old model steelhead.

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2006, 10:22 PM
The ball hits the tree and hits me square in the cojones. Instead of stopping my swing, I followed thru and snapped my 3 wood in half.

spek for admiting that, and for finishing the round. :mack: