PDA

View Full Version : OU women should be a 1 seed

NickZeppelin
3/11/2006, 08:52 PM
I know they won't be with the east coast biased. But going 19-0 in a major conference isn't an easy thing to do.

sanantoniosooner
3/11/2006, 08:54 PM
How's that preschool thing working out?

did they let you retest?

Cam
3/11/2006, 08:55 PM
The season consists of more than just conference games.

Take a look at our losses. Getting drubbed by 20 @ UConn and at home against MSU pretty much ensures that we'll get a 2 seed. The lack of quality teams in the conference could possibly push it to a 3, but I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

oumartin
3/11/2006, 09:18 PM
Nick is just Nick... Now go pick up your room or you won't get supper Nick.

NickZeppelin
3/11/2006, 11:05 PM
The season consists of more than just conference games.

Take a look at our losses. Getting drubbed by 20 @ UConn and at home against MSU pretty much ensures that we'll get a 2 seed. The lack of quality teams in the conference could possibly push it to a 3, but I'd be pretty surprised if that happened.

Those were early in the year when we weren't as good and also they played one of the toughest schdules in America and only lost 4 games. 0 in a tough conference. Is the Big 12 down some? Probably but it'll still get about 4 or 5 teams I bet.

Cam
3/11/2006, 11:08 PM
If the losses were close, I'd tend to agree with you. The problem is we were blown out.

And yes, the Big 12 is very down this year. It's OU, Baylor and a bunch of so-so teams.

The ACC will more than likely get 3 #1 seeds. The other will probably be LSU.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/11/2006, 11:08 PM
I could have sworn that Nick said that something about 16-0 being meaningless but 19-0 is so much better?

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/11/2006, 11:11 PM
No it is good for seeding. Now because of the 16-0 regular season OU is atleast gaurenteed a 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney in the woman's game. If she got a trophy for it fine. But it doesn't mean that her team has done a whole lot.

There is the exact quote ;)

NickZeppelin
3/11/2006, 11:14 PM
I said that for the regular season. Now they are Big 12 Champs. They didn't win it before today.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/11/2006, 11:16 PM
So now they have "Done a Whole Lot" Well now Sherri can sleep at night ;)

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:45 PM
Sherri says they are a solid #2 in her mind and it doesn't matter. to be the best you gotta beat the best.

usmc-sooner
3/11/2006, 11:51 PM
There is the exact quote ;)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gandalf_The_Grey again.

JohnnyMack
3/11/2006, 11:51 PM
How is Nick's spek still green?

You people are the worst jihad-ers in the history of jihad-ers.

oumartin
3/11/2006, 11:54 PM
well, for some reason when you neg someone it doesn't seem to do as much as it used to...

bigdsooner
3/11/2006, 11:56 PM
i got nuttin to add, except thanks for the laughs

oh, and i agree with everyone cept nicky

JohnnyMack
3/12/2006, 12:11 AM
well, for some reason when you neg someone it doesn't seem to do as much as it used to...

I blame yermom & :dolemite:

AllAboutThe'O'
3/12/2006, 01:39 AM
I think OU should be a number one seed, too, but I really can't see it happening. I'm definitely not complaining, though, if we get a No. 2 seed. Lately, Big XII tournament champions that get No. 2 seeds in the Big Dance have fared pretty well.

Right now, I see North Carolina and Ohio State as locks for No. 1 seeds. I think UConn gets another one seed. The other top seed comes down to four teams: Tennessee, Maryland, Duke and Oklahoma.
Using that criteria, OU should get the nod because they did what those other three teams didn't do, win the regular season conference title. Plus, OU and Tennessee were the only teams among those four to win their conference tournament. If you also want to differ between OU and Tennessee, the Lady Vols lost two conference games to unranked teams, including their home finale.
But if it came down to OU and Tennessee for that last No. 1 seed, you know who the selection committee will lean towards. That's right, the Lady Vols, because of their prestige and because of the legendary Pat Summitt.
Again, I'll be happy with a No. 2 seed, because we can prove some more people wrong.

okienole3
3/12/2006, 06:05 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again.

Nick, do you realize what a ****ing idiot you are?

frou
3/12/2006, 08:27 AM
They didn't win it before today.

Then why did the Big XII and the NCAA give Sherri this trophy 2 weeks ago?

http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics26/400/CF/CFCNVEYNSHXCCRS.20060227000510.jpg

Explain that to us.

okienole3
3/12/2006, 10:01 AM
So Nick, let's say that OU had gone 12-4 in the regular season (winning the league) and then won the tournament. Would they still be a 1 seed in your eyes?

Also, what if they had gone 16-0 in the regular season, but lost last night. Then, what seed would they be in your eyes and what seed would Baylor be.

Let's see you put your logic to work.

SnappyDaze
3/12/2006, 10:07 AM
If it comes down to OU and Tennessee for the final #1 seed, it will go to Tennessee because Pat Summit has been known to throw a hissy fit if her team isn't a #1.

I won't be disappointed if they are a 2 seed. They've accomplished an awful lot this year and they still have a ways to go. They take care of business (ya know those pesky turnovers that will kill ya in crunch time) and they'll be fine. 2 seed, or a 1 seed...they still gotta win the games.

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 02:33 PM
Until he gets accepted to preschool, I don't think it's fair to expect this out of him.

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 02:35 PM
Until he gets accepted to preschool, I don't think it's fair to expect this out of him.

I don't even think they had preschool 16 years ago. If they did I never had to go.

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 02:36 PM
I don't even think they had preschool 16 years ago. If they did I never had to go.
Was that a good reason to give up on your education?

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 02:37 PM
Huh? Who says I didn't have an education?

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 02:38 PM
It's OK for wolves to feed you, but they aren't much for tutoring.

okienole3
3/12/2006, 10:51 PM
Answer my question Little Nicky.

oumartin
3/12/2006, 10:52 PM
Numbnuts is sobbing right now okienole3. Kelvin is leaving

NickZeppelin
3/12/2006, 11:01 PM
So Nick, let's say that OU had gone 12-4 in the regular season (winning the league) and then won the tournament. Would they still be a 1 seed in your eyes?

Also, what if they had gone 16-0 in the regular season, but lost last night. Then, what seed would they be in your eyes and what seed would Baylor be.

It depends on what they did out of conference. But no if OU had got 12-4 in the regular season conference they wouldn't be a 1 seed unless they went undefeated out of conference.

I didn't say OU will be a 1 seed. They won't be. But they should bea 1 seed. And the facts show that. They will be a 2 seed. If they lost yesterday the probably fall to a 3. Braketology on ESPN.com still has the ladies as a 3 seed. Along with Baylor btw.

C&CDean
3/13/2006, 09:31 AM
It depends on what they did out of conference. But no if OU had got 12-4 in the regular season conference they wouldn't be a 1 seed unless they went undefeated out of conference.

I didn't say OU will be a 1 seed. They won't be. But they should bea 1 seed. And the facts show that. They will be a 2 seed. If they lost yesterday the probably fall to a 3. Braketology on ESPN.com still has the ladies as a 3 seed. Along with Baylor btw.

They lost 4 games Nick. They suck, right? Shouldn't you be whining about what a ****ty coach Sherri is and how she underachieved with all the talent she has, and how you wish she'd just go away? Please be consistent Nick.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/13/2006, 06:00 PM
I think Nick just hates are coaches that everyone loves and loves everyone we hate. Sherri Coale is the definition of "done a whole lot" He seems to think they didn't accomplish a whole lot this year. Every year from here on out that we have a women's team, Sherri is giving us one more year than we would have had she not showed up. I remember I used to go to the games back when there wasn't white outs...there was Parents, cheerleaders, and a few NEKS out. Everything she does...is nothing short of a miracle. I wonder if Nick was one of those people that would say, give Blake a few more years he will get it turned around, he is having to overcome Gibbs incompetent recruiting...4 years after the fact :P

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/13/2006, 06:01 PM
I just can't wait until our gymnastics team loses and he starts attacking the coach for being incompetent ;)