PDA

View Full Version : Question for all GOP ers

85Sooner
3/11/2006, 02:13 PM
Its a slow day so a question for you.

IF McCain or Frist end up being the nominee in 2008 what will you do?

I just cannot place a vote for either of those guys. This may be the first election in my life where I don't vote. Even IF hillary runs.

GottaHavePride
3/11/2006, 02:20 PM
What's wrong with McCain? Did he do something I haven't heard about yet?

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2006, 02:29 PM
my problem with mccain is that he is the GOP version of Kerry re: flip flops

mccain will likely be the GOP nominee, and i think he would do a fair job, but if people dont like how W. ****es others off, just wait till McCain is in office

85Sooner
3/11/2006, 02:30 PM
IMO McCain is a Rhino

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/11/2006, 02:33 PM
Its a slow day so a question for you.

IF McCain or Frist end up being the nominee in 2008 what will you do?

I just cannot place a vote for either of those guys. This may be the first election in my life where I don't vote. Even IF hillary runs.Then you are giving up to the left. I think most conservatives would NOT like either McCain or Frist, but the rerun of the criminal presidency is unthinkable, at least to me. We are forced to go with the lesser of the unsuitable...and don't even START with any of the 3rd party BS, please. All that vote ever does is help the worst candidate(usually the dim).

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:39 PM
I will not, repeat NOT vote for McCain under any circumstances. I'd go with a third party or abstain.

Frist, I don't know enough about. I'm open if he can convince me he's not a RINO like W and McCain.

3/11/2006, 02:43 PM
I will not, repeat NOT vote for McCain under any circumstances. I'd go with a third party or abstain.

Frist, I don't know enough about. I'm open if he can convince me he's not a RINO like W and McCain.Please read my last post, above.

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:45 PM
Please read my last post, above.

I respectfully disagree with you. It's my vote and I'll cast it how I please. I could care less about party loyalty garbage. Right now there's very little, if any, difference between the donkeys and elephants at the national level. If I cannot in good conscience vote for a Prez candidate, I won't.

85Sooner
3/11/2006, 02:46 PM
Please read my last post, above.

I understand, but I am just so really sick of all of em. If we are going to let it go down the tubes, let them do it.

SicEmBaylor
3/11/2006, 02:47 PM
Well, I refuse to vote for almost any Republican Presidential candidate in 2008 becuase none of them are the least bit acceptable in my book. None have done anything to reduce the size of the Federal government.

And I utterly detest Bill Frist. He has the balls of an 8 year old Girl Scout.

Looking at the field though purely from the standpoing of a Republican, Mitt Romney would be the best party choice in my estimation. Followed by Sen. George Allen; McCain; then Gov. Huckabee.

Gov. Owens could have made a strong run had he not raised taxes in Colorado.

At any rate, I'm voting Constitution Party in '08 and there's not much that can happen between then and now to change my mind.

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:50 PM
Well, I refuse to vote for almost any Republican Presidential candidate in 2008 becuase none of them are the least bit acceptable in my book. None have done anything to reduce the size of the Federal government.

And I utterly detest Bill Frist. He has the balls of an 8 year old Girl Scout.

Looking at the field though purely from the standpoing of a Republican, Mitt Romney would be the best party choice in my estimation. Followed by Sen. George Allen; McCain; then Gov. Huckabee.

Gov. Owens could have made a strong run had he not raised taxes in Colorado.

At any rate, I'm voting Constitution Party in '08 and there's not much that can happen between then and now to change my mind.

Word. It really sux that Oklahoma is a) closed primary and b) groups all third parties into one big "independent" category, so you can't split out the Constitutioners from the Greens. I'd register Constitution if I could.

I'd hold my nose and vote for Mitt. Even though he's a Mormon.

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:51 PM
I understand, but I am just so really sick of all of em. If we are going to let it go down the tubes, let them do it.

Egg-zackry.

It might take Hillary sending this country completely into the toilet in order for most people to wake up and smell the coffee.

Howzit
3/11/2006, 02:52 PM
McCain. He was my preference over Bush in 2000.

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:52 PM
McCain = Kerry

Howzit
3/11/2006, 02:53 PM
ok I'll retract that, sorry.

Every time I post in a political thread I remember why I don't post in political threads.

However, I believe that if the GOP does not offer a more centrist candidate in 2008 they will not win the election.

SicEmBaylor
3/11/2006, 02:56 PM
Word. It really sux that Oklahoma is a) closed primary and b) groups all third parties into one big "independent" category, so you can't split out the Constitutioners from the Greens. I'd register Constitution if I could.

I'd hold my nose and vote for Mitt. Even though he's a Mormon.

Right, I'm assuming I'll be registered to vote in Texas in 2008 but honestly I have no clue. I may be back in Oklahoma for all I know 2 years from now.

In any other state I'd probably register as Constitution Party, however even if I could in Oklahoma I'd probably remain a registered Republican. I love the Oklahoma Republican Party.

3/11/2006, 02:59 PM
I understand, but I am just so really sick of all of em. If we are going to let it go down the tubes, let them do it.This is pretty serious biz. It's only one vote, and doesn't count any more than that, but to give in to those fools and crooks on the left without a fight is something I'm not gonna do.

85Sooner
3/11/2006, 03:03 PM
McCain = Kerry

At least Kerry admits he's a liberal. McCain is but still is part of the rep party.

I want to see someone who.

1. will address illegal immigration, crack down and send these folks packing.
2. Fine any businesses using Illegal aliens.
3. Tell the ED unions to take a hike and work on getting gov OUT of the schools.
4. Start changing welfare to workfare except only for the extremely disabled
5. Tell the UN to kiss our A$$.

Something along these lines. I know it will never happen, It will have to start locally around the country

SicEmBaylor
3/11/2006, 03:05 PM
At least Kerry admits he's a liberal. McCain is but still is part of the rep party.

3. Tell the ED unions to take a hike and work on getting gov OUT of the schools.

Something along these lines. I know it will never happen, It will have to start locally around the country

Tancredo is as close as you're going to get to that. He may run in '08 but he'll be the Kucinich of the GOP.

3/11/2006, 03:13 PM

Something along these lines. I know it will never happen, It will have to start locally around the countryYour ideas are good. But, if nobody exists as a candidate who will at least attempt to correct those problems, then I want to try to block the worst of the candidates. That would be Hillary, Algore, Kerry etc. McCain isn't totally wrong, like Kerry, but he's wrong A LOT, as we all know.(McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform, for example) Still, I'd pick him over an avowed Marxist.

85Sooner
3/11/2006, 03:55 PM
Your ideas are good. But, if nobody exists as a candidate who will at least attempt to correct those problems, then I want to try to block the worst of the candidates. That would be Hillary, Algore, Kerry etc. McCain isn't totally wrong, like Kerry, but he's wrong A LOT, as we all know.(McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform, for example) Still, I'd pick him over an avowed Marxist.

I am almost ready to let them have it so people will finally wake up. W ahs been in and it has been the weasle congress that is the enept group. This year I am voting against any and every incumbant. Probably will still vote GOP but IMO the incumbants are OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/11/2006, 04:28 PM
I am almost ready to let them have it so people will finally wake up. W ahs been in and it has been the weasle congress that is the enept group. This year I am voting against any and every incumbant. Probably will still vote GOP but IMO the incumbants are OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good, let's get some new faces as GOP Candidates, by winning the primaries for the GOP. That is a good strategy, unless you KNOW that the incumbent is one of the few who are voting conservative principles. Then, re-elect him.:)