PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Football and the 3 Yr. Old

SCOUT
3/11/2006, 01:56 AM
My birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and my wife has been talking about presents. Apparently today, her comments combined with mine yielded the right results.

As a background, Boomer Sooner were in the first 10 of my daughters words. All of my in-laws are Longhorn fans and they constantly try to corrupt her. Recently I was in Golfsmith's and she wanted me to buy whorn golf club covers. When I said no, she cried so hard someone came over asking if they could help. At one point, she screamed "but everyone loves the Longhorns."

I was starting to get worried that I had lost her before her 4th birthday. She redeemed herself today by making my wife buy me a birthday present. To be clear, my 3 yr old picked this DVD up and brought it to my wife.

It is titled "Baby Sooner." Here is the description on the back:

Team Baby Entertainment produces a unique series of children's DVD's for the collegiate marketplace. Each video allows parents, grandparents, alumni and friends to share their love, loyalty and passion for their university with their children. Our titles provide an informative, entertaining and educational way to introduce your child to the school and team you root for.

Baby Sooner uses officially licensed footage of Sooner sports, mascot, marching band and campus attractions to expose children to The University of Oklahoma in an exciting, playful and educational manner. "Raising Tomorrow's OU Fan Today" features the music of the Pride of Oklahoma Marching Band as well as original footage of the "Sooner Kids" enjoying athe sites and sounds of the school you love.

We Invite you to enjoy this video with your child as Team Baby Entertainment takes you on a fun-filled, colorful and stimulating visual experience with The University of Oklahoma Sooners.

Any typos are mine :O

I will let you know what the DVD is like and what the daughter thinks of it tomorrow.

Cam
3/11/2006, 05:19 AM
Good to see she's coming around.

I was looking at that DVD on Amazon. Be sure to give us a reviw.

Since71ASooner4Life
3/11/2006, 07:12 AM
When my daughter was a baby I used to talk to her about the Sooners and catfishing. She's brainwashed for good, wanting to wear Sooners clothing, etc since she was about 4. The son has the same problem, although he didn't get an Ugly Stick & spinning reel for his 5th birthday. The other little girls just didn't get it when she was so excited about that fishing rod .... it's funny as hell watching a 5 year old working a tube lure & catching bass with a rod that is longer than she is tall.

SoonerBorn68
3/11/2006, 11:48 AM
You got whorns, I got aggots. My son finally put the argument to rest last Christmas...The relatives (wife's side) bought him a pokie shirt. He refused to try it on. His reply, and I quote, "Dad says aggies are stupid, and I'm not stupid, so I'm not wearing that shirt." :D

OUGreg723
3/11/2006, 12:01 PM
Dude, have a serious talk with those in laws and say look, "I love you guys, but seriously stop corrupting her with the Texas stuff! She is my daughter, not yours. We are Oklahoma Sooners. Not Longhorns. Thanks for understanding."

Easier said than done, but **** people who do that crap man.

suncoastsooner7
3/11/2006, 12:32 PM
At the begining of the post I was worried Military school was about to be the topic. :D

BASSooner
3/11/2006, 01:38 PM
Dude, have a serious talk with those in laws and say look, "I love you guys, but seriously stop corrupting her with the Texas stuff! She is my daughter, not yours. We are Oklahoma Sooners. Not Longhorns. Thanks for understanding."

Easier said than done, but **** people who do that crap man.
Yeah it sucks, I'm like one of the only sooner fans in my school.

Jello Biafra
3/11/2006, 09:35 PM
i have a best freind that lives in chicago i went to basic training, ft carson, germany and to the desert with him. his kids are my god kids mine are his. you get the point, we're tight. he was born and raised notre dame fan. anyway,

i didn't get to his son early enough because he is a serious fan and you can't change his mind. but the little girl.......my wife, as a joke, sent her a OU cheerleading uniform for christmas this year and she wears it about 3 or 4 times a week. she is always like boomer sooner this ou that. his wife thinks its "cute" he is furious. rofl i feel bad for him and think about how i would be feel in his situation. then i giggle like a school girl :)

TheGodfather889
3/12/2006, 04:14 PM
This is all hilarious.I love kids and what they say.

OKC-SLC
3/12/2006, 04:19 PM
Good work, Scout. You saved another impressionable youth from the throes of whorns. For that, the world is a better place.

SCOUT
3/14/2006, 07:58 PM
OK, the daughter and I finally watched this video. It is essentially a Baby Einstein type video for Sooner kids.

There are a bunch of little kids dressed in all kinds of Sooner gear playing with basketballs, footballs, baseballs, soccer balls etc. The voice over teaches them important words like: Sooner Schooner, Boomer Sooner, Go Sooners, etc.

They do things like work on their numbers. Each time the show a number, they show a play from some sport with that number on the Sooner palyer's jersey. They also work on which sports are which by showing various clips.

They also do a segment on The Pride playing Boomer Sooner.

If you don't have kids in the 2-4 range you are probably going to want to skip it :). If you do have kids that age, especially if they like things like those Baby Einstein videos, then they would probably enjoy it.

It is about thirty minutes long and held my daughters attention for the whole thing. All in all I would give it a thumbs up. Two thumbs up for those kids in the "at risk" group ;)

bigdsooner
3/14/2006, 11:19 PM
nice job scout. always remember that ut and its fans are really satan, and he will always try to get the kids.

must...resist...evil

GDC
7/4/2006, 01:27 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e228/wringho/OUTy.jpg

I'm seeing to it that my nephew has no choice, including the DVD, uniform, trip to the Switzer Center, etc.:D

OKC-SLC
7/4/2006, 01:52 PM
great picture and all, gdc, but what the hell is up with the aTm football? you're better than that. have czar photoshop it.

GDC
7/4/2006, 01:54 PM
great picture and all, gdc, but what the hell is up with the aTm football? you're better than that. have czar photoshop it.

I think they picked that up at OU-ATM a couple years ago, my bad.:O

FlatheadSooner
7/4/2006, 07:12 PM
i have a best freind that lives in chicago i went to basic training, ft carson, germany and to the desert with him. his kids are my god kids mine are his. you get the point, we're tight. he was born and raised notre dame fan. anyway,

i didn't get to his son early enough because he is a serious fan and you can't change his mind. but the little girl.......my wife, as a joke, sent her a OU cheerleading uniform for christmas this year and she wears it about 3 or 4 times a week. she is always like boomer sooner this ou that. his wife thinks its "cute" he is furious. rofl i feel bad for him and think about how i would be feel in his situation. then i giggle like a school girl :)

My wife is from Indiana and attended Purdue. We share the exposure between OU and Purdue on OUr kids. What's hillarious is that her dad is Purdue and HATES Notre Dame with a passion. My sister in-law and her husband also live in Indiana and he's ND fan. So recently, they were dressing their 3 yr old in ND garb when showing up at Granddad Purdue's house. He and Grandma were so ****ed off that they basically told them not to bother stopping by if the little one is wearing anything ND. Things have "changed" for the better for them, however I still send Granddad OU hats, T-shirts, etc.. It's good to be the golden boy, I mean from OU.