PDA

View Full Version : Javorskie Lane is eating himself in to a Guard!!

eastxsooner
3/11/2006, 01:15 AM
Reports of spring practice say he is in the 280 range versus the 260 range he played at last season. Is he a piece of work or what??? I blame Fran for letting the inmates run the assylum.

eastxsooner
3/11/2006, 01:41 AM
Texas A&M Spring Football Notebook

By LARRY BOWEN
Eagle Sports Writer

Wednesday breakdown: The Texas A&M football team practiced for 2 hours, 15 minutes in full pads Wednesday afternoon.

A&M coach Dennis Franchione said the offense is off to a good start.

"Our offense is playing with some savvy and experience because they've played together, with four starters back on the offensive line," Franchione said. "[Quarterback] Stephen McGee is playing very well. Our offensive line is playing very well.

"Defensively, they're going through the learning of a new scheme, but you can see steps and some flashes every day. We've just got a lot of work to do. I see Justin Warren, Red Bryant and Devin Gregg making some plays on defense."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receiver shines: Junior wide receiver Michael Corey probably was the star of the day, making a couple of touchdown catches in passing drills. Corey held on for a lunging 40-yard touchdown grab despite taking a hard hit from defensive back Marcus Gold. Corey, a walk-on from Utah who arrived at A&M as a quarterback, brought back memories of former A&M receiver Tim Van Zant, who had a penchant for big plays in practice. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound Corey won the slam dunk competition at the 2005 Night of Champions. "He's gotten a lot better," Franchione said. "He's got good speed and athletic ability. He's just a year farther along."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondary shuffling: With the Aggies switching to a 4-2-5 defense, Brock Newton has moved from cornerback to safety, with Melvin Bullitt switching to strong safety and Chevar Bryson working at free safety. "The coaches are trying to get the right fit," Franchione said. "Those [moves] were mostly my suggestions because I understand the defense and probably know the personnel better than they know it right now."

Quote of the day: "Guys, do not step in front of me when I'm throwing. If I hit my hand on your headgear, you're going to do 100 pushups." - Safeties coach Bill Clay during a drill.

Hit of the day: On a swing pass, 274-pound running back Jorvorskie Lane bowled over 192-pound cornerback Jordan Peterson, who slowed the big back enough to get tackling help. After practice, Peterson said of Lane, "That guy's a lineman."

Rhino
3/11/2006, 04:18 PM
I thought they were moving him to DE this season?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/11/2006, 05:35 PM
I thought they were moving him to DE this season?

melton

MRNOTDUCKS
3/11/2006, 05:42 PM
Texas A&M Spring Football Notebook

Receiver shines: Junior wide receiver Michael Corey probably was the star of the day, making a couple of touchdown catches in passing drills. Corey held on for a lunging 40-yard touchdown grab despite taking a hard hit from defensive back Marcus Gold. Corey, a walk-on from Utah who arrived at A&M as a quarterback, brought back memories of former A&M receiver Tim Van Zant, who had a penchant for big plays in practice. The 6-foot-3, 209-pound Corey won the slam dunk competition at the 2005 Night of Champions. "He's gotten a lot better," Franchione said. "He's got good speed and athletic ability. He's just a year farther along."

I played in a basketball tournament against Michael two weeks ago. He does have a lot of speed and leaping ability. There was a scare when our center tangled arms with him and ended up pulling him down awkwardly on his leg.

This news tells me it was nothing serious.

Rhino
3/11/2006, 09:33 PM
melton They aren't the same guy.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/11/2006, 09:35 PM
They aren't the same guy.

mayhaps we confusio each other more like skeletor

Rhino
3/11/2006, 09:50 PM
I need to stop forgetting question marks?

SoonerDood
3/11/2006, 10:04 PM
Quote of the day: "Guys, do not step in front of me when I'm throwing. If I hit my hand on your headgear, you're going to do 100 pushups." - Safeties coach Bill Clay during a drill.

Bill Clay? who was so bad as a DC that Aggy Lite didn't even want him? I'm suddenly not so worried about playing them this year.