PDA

View Full Version : okay, I finally bought Carrie's CD...

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 06:41 PM
verdict: Solid.

My favorite track is "Before He Cheats" which I expect you'll hear on country radio before its over.

Kinda wierd how its worked out. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood = big stars, platinum albums.

Ruben Studdard and Fantasia Whatshirname...nuttin'

what gives?

yermom
3/10/2006, 06:54 PM
what about Clay Aiken?

what, is he invisible or something?

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 06:58 PM
what about Clay Aiken?

he didn't win...and he's ghey.

chriscappel
3/10/2006, 06:59 PM
I'm not much of s country fan but i heard her CD from a friend and went out and bought it the next day....It was really good i mean that girl can sing!

yermom
3/10/2006, 07:00 PM
what about Clay Aiken?

dude, that is the worst joke EVAR

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 07:00 PM
The "I ain't in Checotah anymore" track is cute too...lots of inside stuff you have to be an Okie to get.

chriscappel
3/10/2006, 07:01 PM
you read my mind :D

jrsooner
3/10/2006, 07:02 PM
verdict: Solid.We bought it the first week it was out. She is great! My wife still plays it a lot.

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 07:35 PM
So Homey you recommend me buying it for my wifey, we both listen to country and we liked Carrie on AI?

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 07:52 PM
So Homey you recommend me buying it for my wifey, we both listen to country and we liked Carrie on AI?

oh yeah. you guys will both dig it.

OUthunder
3/10/2006, 07:56 PM
I purchased it for my wife for Valentine's Day and she really likes it. I've heard bits and pieces of the cd and I think she'll be the next big thing if her head is screwed on straight.

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 08:05 PM
I purchased it for my wife for Valentine's Day and she really likes it. I've heard bits and pieces of the cd and I think she'll be the next big thing if her head is screwed on straight.
I almost did...instead I bought my wife one of the Friends DVD seasons. We'll buy her CD this weekend though.
Next question, any nude centerfold pics of her on the CD cover? ;)

OUthunder
3/10/2006, 08:07 PM
I almost did...instead I bought my wife one of the Friends DVD seasons. We'll buy her CD this weekend though.
Next question, any nude centerfold pics of her on the CD cover? ;)

Only the ones in my sick & twisted mind.:D

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 08:08 PM
Only the ones in my sick & twisted mind.:D
Haha, aint nothing sick about that man. It's only natural!:D

OUthunder
3/10/2006, 08:09 PM
Haha, aint nothing sick about that man. It's only natural!:D

Hell Yeah!

3/10/2006, 09:11 PM
So you can tell once the ask thing is out of the way?

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 09:14 PM
So you can tell once the ask thing is out of the way?
Whaaa?

OUthunder
3/10/2006, 10:00 PM
Carrie looks even better in Drunkytown!

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2006, 12:26 PM
its a great CD, she's nominated for song of the year and female vocalist for the country music awards coming in may.......not bad for a okie chick thats only been in the biz a few months

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 01:07 PM
I'm gonna hafta break down and buy this, I can tell. I don't like country music at all, really, but my wife sorta does and we both like Carrie (except for the veggie thing...can't stand that) and we want to support the Okie from Checotah. Reviews are excellent, so at least we won't be wasting our money.

I refuse to buy Toby or Garth, tho. You can't make me.

The thing that kicked it over the top for me on Carrie was her version of "Alone" by Heart. That RMFO. Best AI performance EVAR by anyone.

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2006, 01:10 PM
why on earth would you care what anybody eats?

thats the goofiest damn thing i've ever heard.....because she's from oklahoma you want her to be a good lil steakeater like the rest of us?

pffft, i could care less what she eats

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 01:24 PM
why on earth would you care what anybody eats?

thats the goofiest damn thing i've ever heard.....because she's from oklahoma you want her to be a good lil steakeater like the rest of us?

In a word...YES

I likes my wimminfolk carnivorous. 's one of the many things I love about my wife.

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2006, 01:25 PM
well i'm thinking the only "wimmin" you'll be with is your wife....if she eats meat, that should be good enough

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 01:29 PM
well i'm thinking the only "wimmin" you'll be with is your wife....if she eats meat, that should be good enough

True dat. However, I have a philosophical objection to vegans overall. They are mostly pretentious gits that look down their noses at normal people.

Screw them. Gimme dead cows.

yermom
3/11/2006, 01:49 PM
vegans or vegetarians?

handcrafted
3/11/2006, 02:37 PM
vegans or vegetarians?

Veggies = meh.

Vegans = if you don't like this planet, just leave.