VeeJay
3/10/2006, 03:17 PM
People I work with:

Boss - 2nd marriage
Coworkers - Both of them divorced and one has live in; the other'n is looking
Hot assistant - divorced once I know of, maybe more
Former boss and friend - he and wife both on their 2nd marriage

Neighbors:

Only one couple out of five that live close to us of the same age range are still on their 1st marriage. Every single one of those other couples are on their second marriages. Me included, I've never seen so many freekin' kids with step moms and step dads.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 03:24 PM
Me? I'm still on my first wife. Coming up on 24 years in May. I'm sticking because I couldn't possibly find another woman to abide my foolishness.

BajaOklahoma
3/10/2006, 03:32 PM
Me? I'm still on my first wife. Coming up on 24 years in May. I'm sticking because I couldn't possibly find another woman to abide my foolishness.

You are just a baby! We are celebrating 30 years this summer!
My in-laws are hitting 60 soon.

BeetDigger
3/10/2006, 04:01 PM
It is just amazing that it is more common for people to be on their second marriage rather than their first. One and done for me. If something happens, I am not getting married again. I plan on sticking this one out to the end. She's gonna have to put up with me to the end. Heh, that'll teach her for saying yes. :D

LilSooner
3/10/2006, 04:55 PM
I've always thought that if someone is foolish enough to marry me, there is only one way they are getting out of it and thats death.

I'm sure I'll miss them though.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 04:59 PM
Heh.

Fugue
3/10/2006, 05:03 PM
there is only one way they are getting out of it and thats death.

dang, ferocious puppy.

spek nontheless.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 05:07 PM
I do believe this is what the Rhino would call 'Golden Handcuffs'...

:D

C&CDean
3/10/2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah, there's only so many of us really special people who are on their third.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 05:15 PM

Aw hell Deano. You got it licked. I reckon a woman could even ride a green broke mule if she's the third one up.

3/10/2006, 05:17 PM
I find it difficult to believe a woman couldn't get along with Dean.

C&CDean
3/10/2006, 05:20 PM
I find it difficult to believe a woman couldn't get along with Dean.

Dude, they all love me. I just tire of their bull**** and trade them in on newer models.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 05:22 PM
Dude, they all love me. I just tire of their bull**** and trade them in on newer models.

In another life Dean and I were married and he made me breakfast in bed every morning.

And when he came back to get the tray I slapped his a$$ when he turned to walk away...

...and he liked it.

:mack:

C&CDean
3/10/2006, 05:29 PM
In another life Dean and I were married and he made me breakfast in bed every morning.

And when he came back to get the tray I slapped his a$$ when he turned to walk away...

...and he liked it.

And I still do. Like it. Not breakfast, cause I don't cook, but the *** slap in the morning.

3/10/2006, 05:31 PM
Yee Haw!

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2006, 05:36 PM

...and he liked it.

Aww. Dean was your booty call!

ChickSoonerFan
3/10/2006, 05:50 PM
Not me!

OUinFLA
3/10/2006, 09:07 PM

Im on my third. It will be 30 years in June.

Wifey has her own title.

"Oh most reviered wife number 3, last in a long line of many."

Sooner_Bob
3/10/2006, 09:23 PM
#1 for me and we'll be celebratin' 14 years in December.

There are some days when I wonder how I got so lucky . . . and then others when I think "what the heck did I sign up for?"

bigdsooner
3/10/2006, 09:31 PM
my highschool sweetheart has kept me for 17+ years cause she loves me...err well, maybe its the 3 kids thats kept her here :confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 09:33 PM
Is society as judgemental these days?

Is being married twice, like, horrible?

bigdsooner
3/10/2006, 09:52 PM
im not against 2nd marriages... or 3rd's. no-one else knows what the hell your dealin with cept you, if they dont like it.........F**K EM

sanantoniosooner
3/10/2006, 09:54 PM
Is society as judgemental these days?

Is being married twice, like, horrible?
I don't think that's the point of the thread.

The point is that it's rare to make a 1st marriage work these days.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 09:56 PM
I don't think that's the point of the thread.

The point is that it's rare to make a 1st marriage work these days.

I realize the point of the thread, sass-box.

I'm trying to midly and gently jack it...

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2006, 09:58 PM

THAT is hot.

sanantoniosooner
3/10/2006, 09:59 PM

suuuuuuure..........I ALWAYS believe a blonde when they say "I knew that".

;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 10:01 PM
suuuuuuure..........I ALWAYS believe a blonde when they say "I knew that".

;)

I get the feeling...

...I know you...

leftfield
3/10/2006, 10:36 PM

IN:D

RedstickSooner
3/10/2006, 10:45 PM
Still on that first marriage, reckon I'll be on it a while. We don't even get the "get out of marriage free when ya die" card. Our vows were permanent. Figured I'd never con another nice young woman (or old one, for that matter) into putting up with me -- so I'd best lock in rates while I could, y'know? :D

VeeJay
3/11/2006, 09:06 AM

May I suggest using hand lotion?

bigdsooner
3/11/2006, 09:11 AM
heh :D

IB4OU2
3/11/2006, 11:13 AM
My first marriage was to a crazy redhead that lasted less than a year. (I was young, dumb and stupid).

My second is to a gorgeous level headed redhead thats lasted over 28 years......So second chances DO payoff.

Okla-homey
3/11/2006, 12:20 PM
My first marriage was to a crazy redhead that lasted less than a year. (I was young, dumb and stupid).

My second is to a gorgeous level headed redhead thats lasted over 28 years......So second chances DO payoff.

mmmmmm. redheads.

Howzit
3/11/2006, 12:33 PM

Mine was a 6'1" blonde amazon vixon. Surprisingly, the marriage lasted about 3 and a half years - until I got out of the army.

I met my current wife within 6 months of getting divroced, and we've been together 24 years now.

ChickSoonerFan
3/11/2006, 12:45 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with second marriages. I mean, idealy you find one person and spend the rest of your life with them and it all works out. But that doesn't always happen.

I would think second marriages would work because you learn from your mistakes in your first one. IMO.

IronSooner
3/11/2006, 03:02 PM
That's the way it seems to me. First marriage is a trial run these days, working out the kinks. Second is usually the real deal.

I'm working on sitting out that first wave, learning from what everyone else I know does in their 1st, and then joining in when the rest start #2. I like to think of it as a first-round bye.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2006, 03:21 PM
I think I'm gonna wind up being a sugar daddy's 2nd wife, and that's alright by me.

Skysooner
3/11/2006, 03:34 PM
That's the way it seems to me. First marriage is a trial run these days, working out the kinks. Second is usually the real deal.

I'm working on sitting out that first wave, learning from what everyone else I know does in their 1st, and then joining in when the rest start #2. I like to think of it as a first-round bye.

15 years here on my first and about as happy as I can be. Sometimes you don't need that first round bye.

sanantoniosooner
3/11/2006, 03:38 PM
My wife and I have been married for almost 17 and together for 20.

The stakes are awful high for "practice" rounds. Especially if kids are involved.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out, but you shouldn't go into it expecting it not to.

ChickSoonerFan
3/11/2006, 03:43 PM
My wife and I have been married for almost 17 and together for 20.

The stakes are awful high for "practice" rounds. Especially if kids are involved.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out, but you shouldn't go into it expecting it not to.

Agreed.

There is no formula for what works. No guarantees either way.

sanantoniosooner
3/11/2006, 03:46 PM
Agreed.

There are ways to guarantee it will fail, and the techniques are used a lot.

ChickSoonerFan
3/11/2006, 03:59 PM
There are ways to guarantee it will fail, and the techniques are used a lot.

"either way" did not mean fail or not fail

I meant 1st or 2nd marriage, either way, no guarantee.

sanantoniosooner
3/11/2006, 04:02 PM
"either way" did not mean fail or not fail

I meant 1st or 2nd marriage, either way, no guarantee.
I understood you right.

Apply what I said to how you meant it.

49r
3/11/2006, 07:40 PM
I'm workin on #0 baby!

Wheeeeeeee! :D

Okla-homey
3/11/2006, 07:50 PM
Agreed.

No formula but I'll say this. People shouldn't confuse the natural diminishment of that white-hot "I gotta rip your clothes off and have you fifteen ways to next Thursday" lustfulness with falling out of love.

They are two separate things for most folks and a long happy marriage involves replacement of that initial animalistic emotional response (which is a natural reaction when first falling in love) with a richer, deeper and ultimately more rewarding attachment.

Just saying.

...and if any of you brokebacks think thats a bunch of Dr. Phil-ese you can KMA. Its just the plain unvarnished truth. BTW, I have a deck of playing cards if you need to borrow them. ;)

ChickSoonerFan
3/11/2006, 09:19 PM
No formula but I'll say this. People shouldn't confuse the natural diminishment of that white-hot "I gotta rip your clothes off and have you fifteen ways to next Thursday" lustfulness with falling out of love.

They are two separate things for most folks and a long happy marriage involves replacement of that initial animalistic emotional response (which is a natural reaction when first falling in love) with a richer, deeper and ultimately more rewarding attachment.

Just saying.

...and if any of you brokebacks think thats a bunch of Dr. Phil-ese you can KMA. Its just the plain unvarnished truth. BTW, I have a deck of playing cards if you need to borrow them. ;)

Very true stuff.

What I am trying to say when I say no formula...no guarantee is that some people know eachother for a month or so and get married and it lasts forever. Some people know eachother for years, date, engaged, get married and then only last a short time.

You can't base success in your marriage by following someone else's pattern just because it worked for them, or not do what may work for you just because it failed for someone else.