PDA

View Full Version : f'up friends

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 02:20 PM
I just got done talking to one of my friends who is coming into town next week. He was telling me how he got fired from his latest job, his forth firing/quitting in the last 10 months. He flunked out of college, and has been through about 15 jobs since I've known him.(about 5 years). His fiance and her family support him financially. But he always has big plans about how his next thing will hit it big. I was just wondering how many people had friends like this? As long as you don't rely on the guy for anything, he is fun to hangout out with, but other than that he is a burden on society.

critical_phil
3/10/2006, 02:21 PM
:O

i think i'm that friend to my friends.........

soonerbrat
3/10/2006, 02:23 PM
is his name tim?

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 02:25 PM
is his name tim?
No, all the Tim's I know contribute positively to society.

soonerbrat
3/10/2006, 02:26 PM
No, all the Tim's I know contribute positively to society.

well, then you don't know the one i'm talking about ;)

Oldnslo
3/10/2006, 02:29 PM
I find these kind of people tiresome. At best.

TUSooner
3/10/2006, 02:30 PM
That could be my cousin. He has an excuse for every F-up, and it's always somebody else's fault.

Hamhock
3/10/2006, 02:31 PM
I just got done talking to one of my friends who is coming into town next week. He was telling me how he got fired from his latest job, his forth firing/quitting in the last 10 months. He flunked out of college, and has been through about 15 jobs since I've known him.(about 5 years). His fiance and her family support him financially. But he always has big plans about how his next thing will hit it big. I was just wondering how many people had friends like this? As long as you don't rely on the guy for anything, he is fun to hangout out with, but other than that he is a burden on society.

Sounds like good work if you can get it...

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 02:33 PM
I find these kind of people tiresome. At best.
This guy lives in Denver, so I only see him so often, get a good chuckle out of his exploits then he is back to Colorado. Not having to regulary deal with him helps quite a bit.

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 02:34 PM
Sounds like good work if you can get it...
It's pretty much his only hope.

crawfish
3/10/2006, 02:54 PM
My career goal is to someday marry a sugar mama.

critical_phil
3/10/2006, 02:56 PM
My career goal is to someday marry a sugar mama.

if it hadn't been for Russell's, i would have never made it through college....

OU Adonis
3/10/2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah, thats my dream too.. a sugar momma thats hawt and likes to cook and clean.

handcrafted
3/10/2006, 03:04 PM
I had a friend like that. The guy reminded me of Tom Hulce's character in "Parenthood".

BeetDigger
3/10/2006, 03:23 PM
I had a friend like that. The guy reminded me of Tom Hulce's character in "Parenthood".

"Cool"

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2006, 03:25 PM
Royal, between this story and your former roommate you seriously need to meet some better quality individuals. :D

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 03:34 PM
Royal, between this story and your former roommate you seriously need to meet some better quality individuals. :D
I have some friends that are solid people, it just that thet don't make near as good of stories.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 03:35 PM
That could be my cousin. He has an excuse for every F-up, and it's always somebody else's fault.

I have one of those too. 39 and he lives in a studio apartment in his mom's (my aunt) back yard. That's the aunt with two dishwashers in her kitchen so she never has to put away dishes BTW.

He stopped being fun to hang-out with about 15 years ago. Now he's just an insufferable, pathetic sack of goo who drinks a lot and b1tches about how he's too smart to hold down a job because his intellect intimidates his bosses. :rolleyes:

royalfan5
3/10/2006, 03:43 PM
I have one of those too. 39 and he lives in a studio apartment in his mom's (my aunt) back yard. That's the aunt with two dishwashers in her kitchen so she never has to put away dishes BTW.

He stopped being fun to hang-out with about 15 years ago. Now he's just an insufferable, pathetic sack of goo who drinks a lot and b1tches about how he's too smart to hold down a job because his intellect intimidates his bosses. :rolleyes:Too smart for a job, that line must be in the f'up handbook.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 03:47 PM
Too smart for a job, that line must be in the f'up handbook.

Chapter 6...right after Chapter 5 "Women Don't Appreciate Me" and before Chapter 7 "I'm Researching A Great Idea I Have For A Business."

IB4OU2
3/10/2006, 03:54 PM

He stopped being fun to hang-out with about 15 years ago. Now he's just an insufferable, pathetic sack of goo who drinks a lot and b1tches about how he's too smart to hold down a job because his intellect intimidates his bosses. :rolleyes:

Was the two dishwasher system his idea?........brilliant!

TopDaugIn2000
3/10/2006, 03:57 PM
I have one of those. Don't even get me started on him either. Such a sloth, mooch, leech, etc. If there is such thing as NEGATIVE ambition, this boy is eat up with it. He gets it from his mother, she's just as bad if not worse.
He quit his "job" at walmart last june and hasn't worked a day since. He just floats around from place to place mooching off other people and leaving a MESS behind for them to clean up.

handcrafted
3/10/2006, 04:11 PM
"Cool"

No, I think his name was Larry. His kid's name was Cool. Unless I have it backwards, it's been a while since I've seen it.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 05:21 PM
I have one of those. Don't even get me started on him either. Such a sloth, mooch, leech, etc. If there is such thing as NEGATIVE ambition, this boy is eat up with it. He gets it from his mother, she's just as bad if not worse.
He quit his "job" at the walmarts last june and hasn't worked a day since. He just floats around from place to place mooching off other people and leaving a MESS behind for them to clean up.

fixed it fer ye.

TUSooner
3/10/2006, 05:29 PM
[He] b1tches about how he's too smart to hold down a job because his intellect intimidates his bosses. :rolleyes:
Too smart, huh? Well, if I can overcome that curse, anybody can.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OH, did I mention that my ne'er do well cousin is named after me?

BeetDigger
3/10/2006, 05:49 PM
No, I think his name was Larry. His kid's name was Cool. Unless I have it backwards, it's been a while since I've seen it.

That is correct. I was just using the double entendre.

TopDaugIn2000
3/10/2006, 05:54 PM
fixed it fer ye.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/10/2006, 06:04 PM
I have a cousin who is about 24 and has never gone to college, moved out of the house, etc. On the other side, I have another cousin who is about 28 and the same deal.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 06:10 PM
I have a cousin who is about 24 and has never gone to college, moved out of the house, etc. On the other side, I have another cousin who is about 28 and the same deal.

If you think about it, the mama is really to blame. If she said "git" they'd have to nut-up or starve. I know that's the dealio in the case of my no-count cousin.

ChickSoonerFan
3/10/2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, thats my dream too.. a sugar momma thats hawt and likes to cook and clean.

Didn't you start a thread about still being single?

SHOCKING!

;)

TopDaugIn2000
3/10/2006, 08:59 PM
If you think about it, the mama is really to blame. If she said "git" they'd have to nut-up or starve. I know that's the dealio in the case of my no-count cousin.
exactly.
I tried to get this friend to actualy DO something. I was going to let him stay at my place for ONE MONTH FREE until he got on his feet, I made his resume for him, signed him up for job fairs, put his resume online, got him interviews, etc. I told him he had to HAVE a job BEFORE moving in, and he didn't like that. Wanted to move in and then "look" for something, which he could drag out for years. I wouldn't agree to it. One night when I was talking to him on the phone about it I could hear his mom in the background saying "Don't take my baby away! I need him here!" About 2 days later he said "I've decided I don't want to move back to OKC, thanks anyway".
He hasn't worked or done anything since. Just sits at home with momma (she won't work either) Fine. Rot in Stigler, OK. I gave you a chance and you were too lazy to even take me up on it.
So now he comes to visit me about once a month. If we go out, I have to pay, or I'll cook at home. He sleeps all day while I'm at work, then wants to go "play" once I get home. he then stays up all night rattling around the house while I'm trying to sleep. Then when he finally does leave my house is a complete mess. I call him "the locust". You know how they do when they swarm in on a crop and leave NOTHING? That's what he does to my house. Eats everything, makes messes, and leaves it for me to come home to.
I say all of this mostly because he did this very thing to me this week (among many other times). He came on Sunday night, didn't go to sleep until after 4:00 in the morning, then slept 'til 4:30 Monday afternoon. When I got home from work he wanted to go to dinner and a movie, which I wasn't up for cause I was tired and didn't feel like "treating" someone that just slept all day while I was at work. Since he slept until 4:30 that day, he did not sleep at all monday night. I got up Tuesday morning and he was making coffee, hadn't been to bed. He called me about 11:30 tuesday afternoon saying "I ate the leftovers, I"m heading home, thanks for letting me stay with you". I got home to dirty dishes (apparently putting them in the dishwasher is just too much work. as well as RUNNING WATER ON THEM). Wet towels in the bathroom floor. Didn't bother to put the sheets in the washer, etc. Next time he calls and says "I'm coming to visit", WE ARE GONNA HAVE A TALK. If he was working and making money it would be different. But to be a total MOOCH I'm sick of.

bigdsooner
3/10/2006, 09:20 PM
got a 20yr old friend, he's more like my little brother. his dad died in aug, his daughter was born 2 weeks later....but he's the biggest loser you could ever meet, he calls me all the time and asks to stay with me. right now he lives in bristow (i give him 2 weeks with no income til he gets the boot for the 5th time since august) and has no job, he never sees his daughter and all he ever talks about is party party party. he'll go to his mom's house, raid her fridge with his friends and then cuss her out if she doesnt give him money. his bro-inlaw and me have kicked his a$$ a few times tryin to straighten him out but all efforts have failed so far. couple weeks ago i asked him why he doesnt get a job...his response was, why get a job, i dont have anywhere to live...so whats the use

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/10/2006, 09:37 PM
I've got a little twist to this sitchee-ation.

One side of my family has money. A lot of money.

I have cousins that are 30+ years old, one going on 40, that have never in thier lives worked.

Never.

Not one day.

Sickening.

Oldnslo
3/10/2006, 09:56 PM
My maternal grandmother lived her whole life without working outside the home for even a day.

bigdsooner
3/10/2006, 10:18 PM
My maternal grandmother lived her whole life without working outside the home for even a day.

mine too, she never even got a drivers license

Jerk
3/10/2006, 10:45 PM
I was pretty damned lazy when I was 18 through 26 years old. I didn't do sh**, lived off my parents, mostly my grandmother. Spent most of my time drinking - a real loser.

Now if I don't work at least 55 hours a week I'm not happy.

I don't know what happened to me. I just got motivated. Either that, or I finally found a way to make a living doing something that didn't stress me out. Plus, it's nice to have a wife, car, house, broad band internet, cable, etc.

Okla-homey
3/10/2006, 10:52 PM

ditto. sort of...paternal grandmother. She didn't even put her teeth in most days unless she was going to church. I gotta hand it to her, she converted to Christianity when she married grandpaw and ended up going to church more often than he did. As soon as she got back home (walked, two blocks) off came the coat and headscarf and those teeth went back in the little pink plastic Polident container. She was sort of the German equivalent of a Russian bubushka. I loved her though, she always did right by us grandkiddos -- I swear that woman could alway come up with "circus peanuts" or "root beer barrels"....she was magic that way.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2006, 01:16 AM
My maternal grandmother lived her whole life without working outside the home for even a day.I'm sure she had ambition to get off her *** though and do something.

I agree that it is the parents' fault. If they just gonna lay around and mooch it's your own fault.

I lived with my parents about 4 years after college, but I had a full time job and was saving for a house. No way I could have just laid around watching soaps.

TopDaugIn2000
3/11/2006, 09:35 AM
there's NO WAY I could ever live at my parent's house again. A lot of the reason is where they live, and a lot of is that I'm too used to my independence and freedom. I spend a weekend there now and I am SO ready to get back to my house.
On the other hand, I'm still renting. :O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2006, 10:13 AM
there's NO WAY I could ever live at my parent's house again. A lot of the reason is where they live, and a lot of is that I'm too used to my independence and freedom. I spend a weekend there now and I am SO ready to get back to my house.
On the other hand, I'm still renting. :OWell my parents don't normally drive me up the wall. I usually see them every day, but if they get on my nerves I just go home. I think with my dad being sick and all when I look back on it I won't regret it.