PDA

View Full Version : Quack 10. Question for ya.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/10/2006, 07:43 AM
Can you think of any Eugene hotels that will keep me near the action?

Thanks for lurking!

sooneron
3/10/2006, 08:05 AM
????

http://usatruth.by.ru/c2.files/1091541504-spain_prostitutes.jpg

SoonerStormchaser
3/10/2006, 10:28 AM
Download Travelaxe...they're the best hotel search engine!

IronSooner
3/10/2006, 12:30 PM
You're going to the UO game JW3K? We should meet up there somewhere, a couple of my friends and I are going. I think we're gonna try to stay in Portland, or at least visit, and then maybe bumble**** oregon one night too.

Jimminy Crimson
3/10/2006, 12:47 PM
I think I'm going to be staying in Portland, as well...

Quack 10
3/10/2006, 02:32 PM
JW3K, I haven't spent a lot of time in Eugene in years (plus I stay at my sister's house when I'm there), so I'm not your best choice, but maybe some other Duck will chime in. The Franklin Inn is cool because it's right next to campus (and walking distance to Track Town Pizza, and the path to Autzen.) It's clean, and a little above Motel 6 standards, but nothing fancy.

The Excelsior Inn is a spendy, used-to-be-trendy (might still be for all I know) B&B-style place right in the heart of the campus commercial area.

I've heard the Eugene Hilton sucks, but I've never stayed there. Most of the other decent places I know of are out on the freeway interchanges: your residence Inn, Hampton, Holiday Inn kinda crap. Valley River Inn is pretty decent, but other than a shopping mall, it's a ways from the school/stadium.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/10/2006, 04:15 PM
Iron, I am pretty sure that I am going to the Oregon game, so I'll try to keep in touch. I'll need your # though. Gotta new phone and nothing transferred.

Thanks for the info, Quack. I think that my dad and brother will be going too. Maybe we'll look you up when we get there.

Oh, and we are gonna kick your ***.

Quack 10
3/10/2006, 06:16 PM
Oh, and we are gonna kick your ***.

Having never tasted victory over the Sooners, I can offer little dispute.

I can tell you though, that this is very likely going to be the biggest football in the history of the state of Oregon, which is pretty sad by comparison tyo Oklahoma, but cool for us; you've got to start somewhere. Yeah, we had Michigan a few years ago and they were ranked #5 or something, and Notre Dame came to Eugene decades ago, but this is HUGE, uppercase all the way.

Since I'm not a season ticket holder, it's going to be very tough to find tickets for less than a limb. I'm working it though, so I'll let you know.

I'm also considering a trip to Fresno State, but I doubt I'll be able to do both, so ticket availability will probably decide it. I'd rather see Oklahoma, obviously, but I've never been to Fresneck's stadium. They are both going to be tough games.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/10/2006, 06:25 PM
I think I'm going to try and make the trip as well. Portland sounds fun

PDXsooner
3/10/2006, 06:52 PM
stay in eugene friday night, then go to portland saturday night.

yermom
3/10/2006, 06:57 PM
i'm planning on making it as well

is there a Hard Rock pool bar there?

XingTheRubicon
3/10/2006, 08:06 PM
First thing I'm going to do is take 12 laps around Hayward Field and see if I can break Pre's 3 mile record.

BTW, is there any other noteworthy Prefontaine memorials, other than the rock (crash site)?

Jason White's Third Knee
3/11/2006, 02:58 AM
i'm planning on making it as well

is there a Hard Rock pool bar there?

Shut the hell up. You are making the plans.

birddog
3/11/2006, 11:56 AM
First thing I'm going to do is take 12 laps around Hayward Field and see if I can break Pre's 3 mile record.

BTW, is there any other noteworthy Prefontaine memorials, other than the rock (crash site)?
Nike Headquarters is a cool place to see if you're there. It's in Beaverton, about 15 mins. from Portland aka the coolest city on earth.

Quack 10
3/13/2006, 02:51 PM

If you're a runner, I suggest taking in Pre's Trail,which runs basically along the north bank of the Willamette east from Alton Baker Park. In fact, if you walk to Autzen from campus, you'll cross it at least once. It's a wood chip surface running trail built in honor of Pre.