PDA

View Full Version : Women a 3-seed? (as of Thurs night)

SeattleOUstudent
3/10/2006, 12:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

We won our 18th straight conf game and they have us at a 3??? A 2, okay...but not a 3. If we win on Sat, we should be a 1. No way does the ACC deserve 3 No.1 seeds. Bump Maryland and stick the OU ladies in there. :eddie:

shavedmarmoset
3/10/2006, 12:53 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

We won our 18th straight conf game and they have us at a 3??? A 2, okay...but not a 3. If we win on Sat, we should be a 1. No way does the ACC deserve 3 No.1 seeds. Bump Maryland and stick the OU ladies in there. :eddie:

I second that.

oumartin
3/10/2006, 12:56 AM
all i know is that if you watched how the big 12 faired against other conferences and highly ranked teams its not good.
OU lost to Ohio State, Michigan State, UConn
Baylor got absolutely drilled by LSU

I personally think they deserve a 2 at the lowest but I see where they are coming from.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/10/2006, 01:15 AM
eh, this is like that OU team hollis' junior year.

Ruuuuuufus
3/10/2006, 01:19 AM
We will likely get the last 2 seed or the top 3 seed. Either way we'll end up in the same region as North Carolina.

The thing about the team is that as good as they've been, there just haven't been that many teams ahead of them that have done anything to fall behind us.

#1 UNC won the ACC Championship game and is a lock for the #1 overall seed.

#4 Duke lost in the semis of the ACC tourney, but will probably still get a 1 seed.

#5 LSU lost in the SEC Championship game, but will probably be a 1 or high 2 seed.

#3 Maryland lost to UNC in the ACC championship but beat Duke in the semis, probably a high 2 seed. They also have a win over #1 UNC in the regular season.

#2 Ohio State won the Big 10 tourney championship and beat us earlier in the year. They should be the last 1 seed but will probably end up a 2 seed.

#6 Tennessee won the SEC tourney and played the toughest schedule of anyone. They have a good shot at a 1 seed as well.

These teams, with maybe the exception of Maryland, are locks to be ahead of us in my opinion, no matter how we play out in the tournament. From this I don't think there's any way we grab a 1 seed.

#9 Rutgers got upset in the Big East semis and should probably fall behind us, but they might not. They did what we couldn't and beat UConn... twice.

As a result #7 UConn got the easy draw of West Virginia in the Big East championship game and they'll probably stay ahead of us. Also to consider is of course their 20 point win over us and our loss to Illinois.

Based on their results I think we're looking at #8 overall, or the last 2 seed. It would be really nice to get up to #7 so we avoid UNC, but to be the best you gotta beat the best. If it were to happen it would probably be Maryland that would be slotted behind us... only problem is that then they'd be in the same bracket as UNC and the committee doesn't usually like to put a #1 and #2 seed in the same bracket if they are from the same conference, especially if they just got done playing against each other in the conference championship game.

Rutgers could also fall behind us but again, they beat UConn twice and had a perfect regular season in the Big East which has 3 teams in the top 13.

suncoastsooner7
3/10/2006, 09:05 AM
I'd rather face UNC than Duke. I think we match up better with them. Duke's Guards pose a problem for us more than UNC's.