PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article on Vince Young's NFL Readiness

Spanish Thunder
3/9/2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but its an interesting article on Vince Young's NFL readiness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060309

Spanish Thunder
3/9/2006, 09:51 PM
note, it will make us sooners happy, as it is mostly negative and deals with his poor decision making leading up to the draft

OU-HSV
3/9/2006, 10:02 PM
Pretty funny read. I laughed when I saw VY in the NCAA football challenge a few weeks ago. He had a lot of trouble even throwing a football between the two walls on the long distance passing event. In fact he only landed one pass in the legal measuring area out of (I think) 3 or 4 throws they gave each QB.
Here's my favorite quote in the whole article:

Playing quarterback in the NFL is the equivalent of getting in the sack with Jenna Jameson. Oh, everybody wants to do it, but it can be an incredibly humbling and "short" experience.

Spanish Thunder
3/9/2006, 11:25 PM
Right now Young is proving that he doesn't have the necessary intangibles to thrive as a starting QB. He carries himself like a wide receiver.

Thats my favorite quote in the article besides the one you mentioned.

Flagstaffsooner
3/10/2006, 05:43 PM
Vince Young is clueless. :texan:

When I learned that the leader of Young's posse (and the man calling the real shots for Team Vince) is a longtime friend and Houston nightclub owner who goes by the nickname "Black," that's when I told a friend to keep an eye on Young's draft stock.:texan: :texan:

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 08:53 PM
Vince is Ghey

Oh wait...I think I made that quote up.

BASSooner
3/10/2006, 08:56 PM
breaking news....vince young WILL move to receiver

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 09:00 PM
Breaking news...Vince Young will not be allowed to wear see-through pants in the NFL.

oumartin
3/10/2006, 09:08 PM
classic read. couldn't happen to a better jackhole than VY.

BASSooner
3/10/2006, 09:14 PM
breaking news....vince young is going to play baseball to use steroids then come back to the nfl to tryout for quarterback again

oumartin
3/10/2006, 09:15 PM
Dude wouldnt' know what hand to put the glove on in baseball. or which end of the bat to hold

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 09:52 PM
Dude wouldnt' know what hand to put the glove on in baseball. or which end of the bat to hold
Pffft..I bet he'd know that part at least (if you catch my drift)

Vince likes rainbows

oumartin
3/10/2006, 09:55 PM
you mean he'd try to put it in his mouth? Now thats just silly :D

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 10:07 PM
you mean he'd try to put it in his mouth? Now thats just silly :D
Hey..he learned from Mack Brown didn't he?

BASSooner
3/10/2006, 10:17 PM
of course! isnt that what they did after every game?

OU-HSV
3/10/2006, 10:20 PM
I'll never forget when they asked Mack after the NC game what he would do when Vince announced his decision. And Mack answered something like: "Whichever he decides, I'll be proud of him and I'll give him a kiss."

AZOUFan
3/12/2006, 01:23 AM
I am so truly going to enjoy the impending train wreck that shall be forever immortalized in an upcoming episode of "Beyond the Glory" on Fox Sports. Just a concept, but I say it starts out covering his glory years at UT, winning the Rose Bowl, all this promise, all this talent, blah blah. Then fades into his multiple concussions received as he was trying to read the coverage in the secondary while getting blindsided by yet another DT. Hopefully they can pick up a live interview with him at the end of the show where they give the homeless VY $5 to appear on Bumfights 47. This is going to be great...