PDA

View Full Version : How many times will Ohio St. and the Big Eleven get a pass?

Readyfor8
3/9/2006, 06:22 PM
So I turned on the Purdue vs. Mich St. Basketball Game, and what do I hear? Brent "Pusberger" Musberger talking about yet another set of infractions from guess who? Ohio St.

This time its Basketball and not Football, but still how many times do we have to hear about Ohio St. giving cars to players, paying players, or being given "no work" jobs? Read anything about Ohio St. since they won the NC in Football its all bad, no matter which sport you are talking about. What makes it worse is that Brent Musberger is talking about how Ohio St. will yet again have minor sanctions or less announced tomarrow.

Michigan did the same thing with the Fab5, and it has been documented. What has been done about it? How many times will the NCAA give the Big10 a pass on these kinds of charges? Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 times shame on me...

AlbqSooner
3/9/2006, 08:37 PM
Quick now - name a team from North of the Mason/Dixon line that has suffered major sanctions from the NCAA.

Readyfor8
3/11/2006, 09:04 PM
Washington, but i don't know if you consider that major sanctions. That wasn't quick either.

It just upsets me when Big10 Teams get a pass on recruiting violations meanwhile OU is going to have to battle the "lack of control" that the NCAA is about to enforce on us.

Scott D
3/11/2006, 11:03 PM
Quick now - name a team from North of the Mason/Dixon line that has suffered major sanctions from the NCAA.

Ohio State got thrown on 3 years probation and scholarship losses for the incidents with their basketball program involving a player.

Cam
3/11/2006, 11:05 PM
Didn't Michigan also got a ban on post-season participation for their Fab5 "gifts"?

Scott D
3/12/2006, 01:50 PM
Didn't Michigan also got a ban on post-season participation for their Fab5 "gifts"?

yep in fact, this past season was the first one they were eligible for the postseason because of that.

OUGreg723
3/12/2006, 02:41 PM
I HATE OHIO STATE. Their entire athletic dept is dirty. I can't wait for the day when they go DOWN!!

OUGreg723
3/12/2006, 02:42 PM
Fool me once shame on you, fool me 3 times shame on me...

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov:D

:D :texan:

Readyfor8
3/13/2006, 02:25 PM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/multimedia/foolbush.mov:D

:D :texan:

You win on the SPEK O'Meter and I didn't even have to change the subject.... SPEKTASTIC!!! :D