PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

suncoastsooner7
3/9/2006, 05:57 PM
One of my Employees wrote most of this but I am going to take as much credit for it as humanly possible. :P

I am highly upset with the programming practices of ESPN Inc. For weeks and sometimes months they advertise games as a part of their ESPN+ basketball package and within days of the event they remove it from their schedule and move it to ESPN U. This has been common practice for ESPN Inc., especially this college basketball season.

I am, as my SN shows, a Sooner fan but I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I purchase the Gameday and + packages so that I can see the games that are advertised as a part of the line up in advance, especially those from the Big 12 region. I do not mind that ESPN shows a bias towards the east coast and it is totally understandable with the population demographics. The east coast is theirs, and everyone elses, cash cow; I understand it as it is the same in my business. You run a business to make money and what makes them money in Coll.Bball is eastern seaboard. My problem is not with ESPN's personalities voicing their opinions, even though I disagree with some/much of them; that is what these personalities are hired to do and they do a very good job at it. My problem is the way that ESPN has treated the consumer, me, you, and everyone else who purchases their PPV packages, specifically Big 12 and Big 10 fan who have been treated with absolute and utter indifference this last college basketball season. Multiple times this season games have been scheduled for weeks and months in advance as a part of the ESPN PPV line up only to be yanked from the typical subscriber (normally with cable) and moved to ESPNU. This practice has become common place and will be the reason that I no longer purchase their packages.

The Big 12 and Big 10 have experienced the brunt of this practice this season. I am encouraging as many Big 12 and Big 10 fans and alumnus to write and/or email their schools and respective conferences to not renew the current contracts with ESPN when they come due until they can prove that we are not going to be treated with same level of indifference that we have come to expect from the company in Bristol, Conn.

The root of this problem is the grudge that ESPN and the communications companies have with each other over service fees. I am now of the opinion that ESPN does this intentionaly to upset the consumer at the communications conglomorates when in fact the it is ESPN that is doing this to us. That is why they intentionaly do not offer ESPN U to those companies and only the Satelite Dish companies so that they can intentionaly foster ill will from the consumer towards their cable provider.

I am going to make sure that I inform as many people, in as many public forums, as possible of this practice and who the blame should be applied to as well.

From now on my money will go towards the Fox packages. I may not always get what I want with FoxSports but atleast I will receive what I pay for.

ESPN ay remove this from their Board but I will be posting it on as many public forums as humanly possible and hope that others do the same or write up their own. Until I am treated with the same level of respect that the ESPN executives would expect in their own endeavours I will not be one of their consumers.

SeattleOUstudent
3/9/2006, 07:06 PM
well-stated

suncoastsooner7
3/9/2006, 07:18 PM
ESPN yanked it within Five minutes of being on their supposed "feedback" message board.

Taxman71
3/10/2006, 09:11 AM
ESPN is the debil. Fox needs to step up the competition or they will become the WalMart of sports.

Boomer.....
3/10/2006, 09:24 AM
Preach-on!

OUGreg723
3/10/2006, 03:19 PM
Disney always manages to ruin great things...What a horrible company. I loath Disney and everything they stand for.