PDA

View Full Version : 4, 5, and 9 weather guys are out of control

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:30 PM
They have been just festering all winter to put something on the screen. I bet they are secretly glad that there's a big fire danger because they get to pull out the new daily Fire Danger ratings. Today, we are in the ultimate mega death in an instant fire hazard. If you breathe today, you and everyone around you will EXPLODE!

Last night, they went on forever about the "severe" thunderstorm in OKC. This is Oklahoma. If you've lived here for any amount of time, 60 mph wind and pea size hail wouldn't even get you out of your seat at the football game. There's like one gust of 59 mph in the entire state and DOPPLER 10 BILLION SHOWS A POSSIBILITY THAT WE MAY BE UNDER A RISK OF NEAR 60MPH DAMAGING WINDS! I like how they changed the color schemes on the radar to look more dangerous. What used to be red is now black.

They've just totally lost it. I bet anyone from another state who is staying here would be scared to death.

They're crying wolf so much that when there's an actual life threatening tornado, many people won't even do anything and may die. Or worse.

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:32 PM
They're crying wolf so much that when there's an actual life threatening tornado, many people won't even do anything and may die. Or worse.

Just out of curiosity, what would be worse?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 04:34 PM
I'm curious: Is your name pronounced 'nay-ber' or 'nabber'.

This is critical information.

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:37 PM
Dude, if you don't know, I can't tell you. But it's worse.

Pronunciation is in the eye of the beholder.

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:38 PM
Dude, if you don't know, I can't tell you. But it's worse.

Pronunciation is in the eye of the beholder.

Can you die more than once? That would be worse.

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:39 PM
I'm curious: Is your name pronounced 'nay-ber' or 'nabber'.

This is critical information.

I bet it's 'nabber'......I've always been good at this.

mdklatt
3/9/2006, 04:40 PM
They have been just festering all winter to put something on the screen.

Yes.

I bet they are secretly glad that there's a big fire danger because they get to pull out the new daily Fire Danger ratings.

What color is fire danger on the map? Red is already used for tornado warnings, although I've seen them have to reuse colors before.

Last night, they went on forever about the "severe" thunderstorm in OKC.

Of course.

I like how they changed the color schemes on the radar to look more dangerous. What used to be red is now black.

Our amplifer goes to 11.

I bet anyone from another state who is staying here would be scared to death.

That's how they get ratings.

They're crying wolf so much that when there's an actual life threatening tornado, many people won't even do anything and may die.

Yes.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 04:41 PM
I like this poster.

And I think I'll say it 'Nayber'. Rhymes with 'Traber'.

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:41 PM
You could be a nechrophilia victim, I suppose.

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:42 PM
You could be a nechrophilia victim, I suppose.

I'm not even dead.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 04:44 PM
I'm not even dead.

Even if you were I still find it hard to believe you'd be the victim, Pat.

mdklatt
3/9/2006, 04:44 PM

Death by bunda.

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:45 PM
What color is fire danger on the map? Red is already used for tornado warnings, although I've seen them have to reuse colors before.

They use the Fire Danger like heat index during the weather on the newscast.

I did see it on (I think) Channel 5 on a map during a TV show. It was red. Luckily for them, they didn't have a tornado warning to post and avoided the confusion.

Maybe they could use plaid.

I bet in the next few years, there will be a map constantly on screen. There'll be warnings for mist. Wanings for breeze. Warnings for clouds shaped like elephants walking on top of the Lincoln monument.

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:45 PM
Even if you were I still find it hard to believe you'd be the victim, Pat.

What's the old saying? You can't necrophiliate the willing?

Hahahahahaha

JohnnyMack
3/9/2006, 04:47 PM
Friggin' Wind Pimps.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 04:47 PM

Hahahahahaha

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

IB4OU2
3/9/2006, 04:48 PM
What happened to the good ole days when Don Woods drew Gusty jumpin' in the fraidy hole?

JohnnyMack
3/9/2006, 04:48 PM

Hahahahahaha

How could they ever, how would you know if, but wouldn't you have to?

It's gotta be your bull.

IronSooner
3/9/2006, 04:49 PM

"She never said no, so I figured that meant yes"

mdklatt
3/9/2006, 04:49 PM
I bet in the next few years, there will be a map constantly on screen. There'll be warnings for mist. Wanings for breeze.

They already throw up the map for fog--how much worse can it get? Even worse, the map covers the entire damn state and not just the viewing area. The only reason I would need to know that Tulsa has a dense fog advisory is if if I was in Tulsa. If I was in Tulsa I wouldn't be watching an OKC TV station, and I would already know there was dense fog. :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 04:50 PM
"She never said no, so I figured that meant yes"

Exactly.

handcrafted
3/9/2006, 04:58 PM
"You got a window?? OPEN IT."

-Adrian Cronauer

TopDaugIn2000
3/9/2006, 04:58 PM
What happened to the good ole days when Don Woods drew Gusty jumpin' in the fraidy hole?

YES! THOSE were the days.

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 04:59 PM
If you know what fraidy hole actually means...you might be from Oklahoma!

Yes, I know what it means. No, it's not that, gutter minds.

IB4OU2
3/9/2006, 05:07 PM
YES! THOSE were the days.

Atleast we still have Gary England and his "Goff ball siize hale".....:D

SOONER44EVER
3/9/2006, 05:13 PM
I think we're all just jealous of the weather guys. What other job is there where you can be wrong all the time, make great money, be a local celebrity and basically have no idea what you're doing and still not get fired?

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 05:14 PM
I think we're all just jealous of the weather guys. What other job is there where you can be wrong all the time, make great money, be a local celebrity and basically have no idea what you're doing and still not get fired?

according to some people...http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bush.gif

Hamhock
3/9/2006, 05:17 PM

Mayor of New Orleans?

SOONER44EVER
3/9/2006, 05:17 PM
according to some people...http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bush.gif
I forgot about that one.:D

Nab'R
3/9/2006, 05:19 PM
It's really hard not to be jealous of someone who can break into Seinfeld just as George is saying "oh, Festivus is all too real...and I can prove it" just because there may or may not be a possibility of someone thinking they saw a tornado cloud forming somewhere.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 05:20 PM
'Tornadoing'.

We have made this a verb.

:les: YEE HAW!!!

Hamhock
3/9/2006, 05:21 PM
I remember one time Trav broke in during Stanley Cup. He actually took the time to tell the people to quit calling him.

mdklatt
3/9/2006, 05:36 PM

Sportscaster.

GottaHavePride
3/9/2006, 05:51 PM
Holy crap! 18 weather guys are out of control!

TopDaugIn2000
3/9/2006, 06:33 PM
Atleast we still have Gary England and his "Goff ball siize hale".....:D

oh believe me, I'd MUCH rather have Don Woods. N-E-DAY

mdklatt
3/9/2006, 06:35 PM
oh believe me, I'd MUCH rather have Don Woods.

Well, you're single now, right?

OklahomaTrombone
3/9/2006, 06:36 PM
'Tornadoing'.

We have made this a verb.

:les: YEE HAW!!!

its that pronounced "tornado-ing" or "torna-doing"

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2006, 07:14 PM
Those who can't tornadoing tornateach?

Yeah, that sucked.

I've always wondered who the victim was supposed to be in necorphilia. Now I know. It's Mjcpr.

KABOOKIE
3/9/2006, 10:05 PM
Gustnado.

The Ch. 5 TV weather droks run a drill called "****'s hittin' the fan!" and it goes something like this......

Awwwwwright peeeepuhl!!! Listen up! I need all the interns up here pronto. There's a level 5 storm in Caddo county and we're on live in 1 minute. Grab a telephone and point at the WeatherPlex2000 screens when we're hot. THE ****'S HIT THE FAN in 5...4...3...2...1....

OUTromBoNado
3/10/2006, 02:51 AM

I resemble that remark. Except for the celebrity part...I'm not on-air.

They use the Fire Danger like heat index during the weather on the newscast.

I did see it on (I think) Channel 5 on a map during a TV show. It was red. Luckily for them, they didn't have a tornado warning to post and avoided the confusion.

Maybe they could use plaid.

I bet in the next few years, there will be a map constantly on screen. There'll be warnings for mist. Wanings for breeze. Warnings for clouds shaped like elephants walking on top of the Lincoln monument.

"They've gone to plaid!!!!"

I think he's a spokesman now for Mill Creek lumber.

They already throw up the map for fog--how much worse can it get? Even worse, the map covers the entire damn state and not just the viewing area. The only reason I would need to know that Tulsa has a dense fog advisory is if if I was in Tulsa. If I was in Tulsa I wouldn't be watching an OKC TV station, and I would already know there was dense fog. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they show the whole state either, other than the fact that the Tulsa and OKC stations reach the same people on the borders of their viewing areas (like Stoolwater and Chandler).

mdklatt
3/10/2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure why they show the whole state either, other than the fact that the Tulsa and OKC stations reach the same people on the borders of their viewing areas (like Stoolwater and Chandler).

You can have overlapping viewing areas without showing the whole state. I guarantee you people in Miami aren't watching Gary England.

OUTromBoNado
3/10/2006, 01:21 PM
You can have overlapping viewing areas without showing the whole state. I guarantee you people in Miami aren't watching Gary England.

Yeah, like I said. I'm not sure why they show the whole state either. I know a couple of the Tulsa stations have shown maps of the whole state when it's particularly bad and is going to hit E OK later (the recent Moore tornadoes come to mind).

Rhino
3/10/2006, 01:59 PM
LAY OFF! RICK MITCHELL IS HELPING ME PROTECT MY FAMILY!!

I don't even pay attention when they say severe thunderstorm. Hail, snow and tornado are the keywords that make me listen.