PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Team & Composite Schedules

CoSooner
3/9/2006, 01:43 PM
2006 Big 12 Team Schedules (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Pages/Big12_Team_Schedule.htm)

Oklahoma
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 12-0
Barring total disaster worst case record: 7-5
Realistic record: 10-2
Barring a major upset, it might be a two-game season for OU. The early road trip to Oregon is a beartrap playing a ticked off team looking for revenge after the Holiday Bowl loss. Autzen Stadium will be rocking. Of course, the Texas game is the one that'll have the most bearing on the national landscape of the season. A two-game road stretch at Missouri and Texas A&M might be tough, and playing four road games in the final five finishing up with the rivalry game against Oklahoma State, would be more than just about any other team could handle.
Sept. 2 UAB
Sept. 9 Washington
Sept. 16 at Oregon
Sept. 23 MTSU
Sept. 30 OPEN
Oct. 7 vs. Texas (in Dallas)
Oct. 14 Iowa State
Oct. 21 Colorado
Oct. 28 at Missouri
Nov. 4 at Texas A&M
Nov. 11 Texas Tech
Nov. 18 at Baylor
Nov. 25 at Oklahoma State

2006 Big 12 Composite Schedule (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Pages/Big12_Composite_Schedule.htm)

yermom
3/9/2006, 03:49 PM
heh "rivalry" to finish up

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:02 PM
that is one tough schedule

yermom
3/9/2006, 04:04 PM
i'm not feeling good about 4/5 on the road to finish out

i don't care who we are playing

Harry Beanbag
3/9/2006, 04:05 PM
All the road games are concerning, based on last years team that is. I'm hoping for a flip the light switch, magic style improvement for next season.

SoonerSid
3/9/2006, 04:07 PM
2006 Big 12 Team Schedules (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Pages/Big12_Team_Schedule.htm)

Oklahoma
Realistic best case record with this schedule: 12-0
Barring total disaster worst case record: 7-5
Realistic record: 10-2
Barring a major upset, it might be a two-game season for OU. The early road trip to Oregon is a beartrap playing a ticked off team looking for revenge after the Holiday Bowl loss. Autzen Stadium will be rocking. Of course, the Texas game is the one that'll have the most bearing on the national landscape of the season. A two-game road stretch at Missouri and Texas A&M might be tough, and playing four road games in the final five finishing up with the rivalry game against Oklahoma State, would be more than just about any other team could handle.
Sept. 2 UAB
Sept. 9 Washington
Sept. 16 at Oregon
Sept. 23 MTSU
Sept. 30 OPEN
Oct. 7 vs. Texas (in Dallas)
Oct. 14 Iowa State
Oct. 21 Colorado
Oct. 28 at Missouri
Nov. 4 at Texas A&M
Nov. 11 Texas Tech
Nov. 18 at Baylor
Nov. 25 at Oklahoma State

2006 Big 12 Composite Schedule (http://www.collegefootballnews.com/Big_12/2006_Pages/Big12_Composite_Schedule.htm)

we should be near the top when it comes to SOS

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:13 PM
All the road games are concerning, based on last years team that is. I'm hoping for a flip the light switch, magic style improvement for next season.

i'm just thinking of our previous history at those road sites. we've struggled at aTm, pokey state, and mizzou (albeit only one game under stoops). the other two are at autzen and against a team that took us to OT last year.

Octavian
3/9/2006, 04:13 PM
how many 'rivals' we have anyway?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:15 PM
so we play 4 straight games before a bye. then we start off 8 straight games with texas, 2 fairly unknown north teams, and then 4 out of the next 5 on the road with ttech sandwiched in the middle? ouch.

Harry Beanbag
3/9/2006, 04:18 PM
i'm just thinking of our previous history at those road sites. we've struggled at aTm, pokey state, and mizzou (albeit only one game under stoops). the other two are at autzen and against a team that took us to OT last year.

Me too.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:27 PM
how high do you think the grass will be at mizzou this year?

OUMallen
3/9/2006, 04:29 PM
Mizzou and Rado shouldn't be too big of challenges, we handle Baylor fine. SOme of the road games aren't too bad, and if we get through them, we'll know this team is a bunch of unmitigated badasses...unlike when we squeaked by to eget killed by USC in 04.

Defense will be our strong point, and I don't think defenses are as daunted by away environments.

TopDawg
3/9/2006, 04:32 PM

If I had time, I'd do a cool photoshop. But I don't. So this'll have to do:

Here's one of their cheerleaders standing on the sidelines:

http://static.flickr.com/13/15298065_64d90c616f_o.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 04:35 PM
Defense will be our strong point, and I don't think defenses are as daunted by away environments.

that isn't a constant though. i mean in 2000 our defense gave up a ton of points on the road. in 2001 we gave up points at home.

NormanPride
3/9/2006, 04:51 PM
Man, this season is impossible to read. How good is the OLine going to be? How well will the WRs continue to produce? Will our loss of the best FB we've seen since who knows affect AD's production a ton? Is Bomar tall enough or will he have good enough passing lanes to see the TE?

And that's ignoring all the questions on D... I'll wager our front 7 will continue to be great, with maybe a little drop off. But the increasing productivity from our secondary should help that a little.

bigdsooner
3/9/2006, 05:09 PM
i'm not feeling good about 4/5 on the road to finish out

i don't care who we are playing

me neither, kina skeery

Rogue
3/9/2006, 06:32 PM
What, are ya skeered? We play some "soft" Pac 10 pushies, the mighty Blue Raiders from Murfreesboro, TN, UAB, and three teams from the Big XII north. I'm sorry, but other than our Big XII South games, this schedule might not impress many folks. One loss in this schedule and we are on the outside of the BCS looking in.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 06:35 PM
[pre-spring]unless our new OL coach is a miracle worker, i'm thinking 8-4 again.

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 06:47 PM
Walker and Moore- will be good- Jon Cooper, Chris Mesner , Duke Robinson, JD Quin-

Our staters will be good- we can not afford to many injuries though- but last year was freakish with the injuries- We can run this table...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 06:53 PM
so we are relying on 2 juco recruits, 2 guys who played sparingly last year, a guy with a horrible ankle injury and a converted QB. sweet...

Salt City Sooner
3/9/2006, 07:06 PM
"in 2000 our defense gave up a ton of points on the road."
Both A&M & KSU put 31 on the board, but our special teams were every bit as much to blame as our defense in those games (as well as turnovers in the A&M game). They were flat atrocious.

MojoRisen
3/9/2006, 07:12 PM
Both of those teams- are better than anyone we will face in the North this year.

KSU was a top 5 team that year-

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/9/2006, 08:18 PM
colorado is an unknown
@mizzou we face the "groundskeeper"
iowa state should be a win

Scott D
3/9/2006, 08:27 PM
I love the pre-spring unmitigated "We'll roll this schedule in a cakewalk" premonitions.....they are very amusing.

BoomerJack
3/9/2006, 09:17 PM

It will be very high or very wet.