PDA

View Full Version : So what's the penalty for doctorin' under the influence?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/9/2006, 01:18 PM
Knock down, drag out in the OR theater... (http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/09/D8G86SS00.html)

GDC
3/9/2006, 04:16 PM
Thursday 30 December, 2004

surgeon amputates wrong leg

A doctor at a public hospital in southern Mexico mistakenly amputated the right leg of an elderly patient who had sought treatment for an infection in his left foot. Seeking treatment for a foot wound aggravated by diabetes, Alberto Lopez, 74, was admitted to a Social Security Institute hospital in Tuxtla Gutierrez, 430 miles south of Mexico City, and underwent surgery on Friday. The patient emerged from surgery without a right leg and still suffering from the original infection, according to family members. Reference : Newsday.com..

Okla-homey
3/9/2006, 05:47 PM
That's why I plan to use a Sharpie if I ever have to be relieved of any limbs. The night before surgery, I will prominently write "YES, Cut This One Off" on the bad appendage and "STOP, not this one" on the other.

Just saying

oumartin
3/9/2006, 05:49 PM
I would really hate for them to mess up and cut off mr. happy so i'd write on mr. happy this message

Please don't cut me off because I may wanna have children again someday and I will also sue the crap outta you if you cut me off. ps. BOOMER SOONER.

bigdsooner
3/9/2006, 05:54 PM
dang homey, i never thought about that before, but thats a good idea

not that i ever plan on that hapnin

Okla-homey
3/9/2006, 05:56 PM
I would really hate for them to mess up and cut off mr. happy so i'd write on mr. happy this message

Please don't cut me off because I may wanna have children again someday and I will also sue the crap outta you if you cut me off. ps. BOOMER SOONER.

Techincally, you could still father children w/out Mr Happy.

As long as the Twins are still intact, although the mechanics of it could be challenging.

oumartin
3/9/2006, 06:10 PM
always there to ruin the humor aren't ya homey :D

OklahomaTrombone
3/9/2006, 06:13 PM
They put a "yes" on my leg when I was having my knee scoped.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/10/2006, 09:43 AM
They routinely write on the affected and non-affected limb now a days...