PDA

View Full Version : Black.White. on F/X

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 08:30 AM
Did anyone else see this? Black.White (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/blackwhite/main.html).

Man...what a show. This is bound to cause quite a stir...I know it has here at work.

The dealio is that they take a white family and make them a black family with the help of modern make up...and visa versa. It take the families about 3 hours each morning to get into makeup.

After one episode I have to say that the black guy has a pretty big chip on his shoulder.

Boomer.....
3/9/2006, 09:48 AM
Yep, the black guy finds everything offensive. I can see where he comes from some of the time, especially when he is working in the "white" bar talking to the white guy about the community.

Madd Dawg
3/9/2006, 09:51 AM
The black dad needs to go to an all black community as a white guy and see that the racisim and those little things he talk about go both ways.

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2006, 09:51 AM
I missed it. I was interested.:(

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2006, 09:53 AM
The black dad needs to go to an all black community as a white guy and see that the racisim and those little things he talk about go both ways.
While I agee it goes both ways, it's not nearly to the same degree.

Getting poor service at a black bbq joint because you're white is not equal to being pulled over for DWB.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 09:59 AM
While I agee it goes both ways, it's not nearly to the same degree.

Getting poor service at a black bbq joint because you're white is not equal to being pulled over for DWB.The black dude has a pre-concieved notion that EVERY time somone does something to him that he does not like...it is racist.
I call bull****...sometimes people are just RUDE...it doesn't matter what color your skin is...geesh...we all get ****ty customer service in this day and age.

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2006, 10:03 AM
The black dude has a pre-concieved notion that EVERY time somone does something to him that he does not like...it is racist.
I call bull****...sometimes people are just RUDE...it doesn't matter what color your skin is...geesh...we all get ****ty customer service in this day and age.
Having not seen it, I can't comment on him and don't doubt you a bit.

SOMETIMES people are bitter for a reason.

Madd Dawg
3/9/2006, 10:07 AM
the blacks racism against whites goes more with the younger people for some reason. its somewhat a side effect of the hip-hop culture

frankensooner
3/9/2006, 10:11 AM
But the guy took the shoe, whipped out a shoe horn and put it on his foot...that just proves that pro shops are generally racist!!!

Come on now.

The white folks are kinda goofy and use the "N" word a little too much, but the Dad is kinda right so far. If you have a positive outlook, 8 times out of 10 you will be okay.

I don't think I will watch it again.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 10:12 AM
the blacks racism against whites goes more with the younger people for some reason. its somewhat a side effect of the hip-hop culturethat's really ironic...because the teenagers in this show really seem to get along pretty good...and they were cutting up on Fox yesterday when they interviewed both families.

AND...the black father accused the white father of being a racist.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 10:13 AM
But the guy took the shoe, whipped out a shoe horn and put it on his foot...that just proves that pro shops are generally racist!!!

Come on now.

The black dad admitted on Oprah that it probably had more to do with the tv cameras than anything else.

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2006, 10:13 AM

Come on now.

The white folks are kinda goofy and use the "N" word a little too much, but the Dad is kinda right so far. If you have a positive outlook, 8 times out of 10 you will be okay.

I don't think I will watch it again.
Do they vary families like wifeswap and other shows, or is it the same families every show?

It would get old with the same people, but with new situations it could be very interesting.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 10:14 AM
Do they vary families like wifeswap and other shows, or is it the same families every show?

It would get old with the same people, but with new situations it could be very interesting.Same families

sanantoniosooner
3/9/2006, 10:15 AM
Same families
real old.
real quick.

I'll try and catch it at least once, but that may be it.

Madd Dawg
3/9/2006, 10:29 AM
that's really ironic...because the teenagers in this show really seem to get along pretty good...and they were cutting up on Fox yesterday when they interviewed both families.

AND...the black father accused the white father of being a racist.

Im not sayin everyone is, but it does happen more than you think, especially people in their late teens, early 20s.

Sooner in Tampa
3/9/2006, 10:40 AM
Im not sayin everyone is, but it does happen more than you think, especially people in their late teens, early 20s.I was not disagreeing...I actually agree with what you are saying. I just found it ironic that the parents seem to be at odds a little bit, but the kids seem to really get along.

Joy "Earl, the government owes us. You know for slave reperations... I figure for Darnell and Earl jr. they owes 80 acres and 2 mules...or at least a jet ski."

Rhino
3/9/2006, 12:15 PM
The white guy and the white teenage girl looked good in black makeup. Everyone else looked fake.

The black guy pointing out someone moving out of his way on the sidewalk and saying it was racist was unbelievable.