PDA

View Full Version : James Blunt song "You're Beautiful"

AllAboutThe'O'
3/9/2006, 03:00 AM
Has anyone noticed that the opening guitar riff of this song sounds eeriely similar to the piano tune played at the end of every episode of the "Incredible Hulk" TV show ("Lonely Man" theme)? Every time I hear the opening of this song, I visualize David Banner hitchhiking on some deserted highway.

www.virgin.net/music/musicvideos/jamesblunt_yourebeautiful_hi.html

yermom
3/9/2006, 03:05 AM
that cracked me up when Stewie recreated that on Family Guy

that song always depressed me when i watched that show

AllAboutThe'O'
3/9/2006, 03:09 AM
that cracked me up when Stewie recreated that on Family Guy

that song always depressed me when i watched that show
Yeah, that Stewie version was hilarious.
I also agree with you about the "Lonely Man" theme. For a show that was so kick-butt, especially the Hulk-out scenes, it certainly ended on a sad note, knowing that A - the show was over and B - our hero David Banner still hadn't found a cure for his "beast within."

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2006, 09:00 AM
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9973/tnfamilyguyincrediblehulk3ev.png

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2006, 09:05 AM
As you know, we of the Christian faith believe that Jesus is not really dead but that he must let the world think that he is dead until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.

DUN DUN-DUH DUN DUHHHHHHHH!

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/24756355/410431

Hatfield
3/9/2006, 09:21 AM
i got the cd, and some songs are cool, but others....well it is taking a while to get use to his vocal stylings

3/9/2006, 09:25 AM
I had no idea who you were talking about, but yes, that melody line is a direct rip off.

I learned to play that song on the piano as a kid. I was DRIPPING with chicks.

SoonerObsession
3/9/2006, 09:31 AM
I had only heard the radio version, then downloaded it to find a huge F bomb in it. Totally uncalled for! I'm so glad my twin boys heard it loud and clear. :rolleyes:

Why do "artists" think they need to curse so much these days?

colleyvillesooner
3/9/2006, 09:31 AM
I had no idea who you were talking about, but yes, that melody line is a direct rip off.

I learned to play that song on the piano as a kid. I was DRIPPING with guys wanting to talk about the Hulk.

Fixed.

JohnnyMack
3/9/2006, 10:04 AM
I had only heard the radio version, then downloaded it to find a huge F bomb in it. Totally uncalled for! I'm so glad my twin boys heard it loud and clear. :rolleyes:

I like that version of the song better. But I worship the devil and slay kittens for fun and stuff.

Hatfield
3/9/2006, 10:23 AM

see I would rather on the radio they just edit out the f bomb rather than change it to "flying high" because it completely changed what he was saying.