PDA

View Full Version : Now I realize the state I'm from isn't that great but Part II

KABOOKIE
3/8/2006, 08:58 PM
royalfan launched the first bomb in the border war so, I'm calling in a 2,000lb bull**** bomb. Yeah I know, state smack between Kansas and Nebraska. However, North Platte, NE is an absolute ****hole. Let's see..... Place to visit? The Cody Fort, Sinclair Gas Station, and the whole town in a blink of an eye as you fly over it. Places to eat? The Saloon, Whiskey Creek or McD's. Best thing to do? Leave town. Without a doubt, Kansas >>> Nebraska.

http://members.cox.net/kabookies/images/northplatte.JPG

proud gonzo
3/8/2006, 09:31 PM
yep. as much as i think kansas stinks, nebraska's way worse. and i've only been there ONCE.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 09:32 PM
I'm from Eastern Nebraska, we know North Platte is terrible, which is why I hope the western half of the state follows through on it's threat to join Wyoming. Western Nebraska<Kansas<Iowa<Eastern Nebraska

SoonerBorn68
3/8/2006, 09:38 PM
I'll give my nod to the TX panhandle. There are only 2 mapped roads here in Roberts County.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 09:44 PM
I'd also like to point out that Fred Phelps is from Kansas and currently lives there. Plus were okay with our kids learning evoloution in school.

Octavian
3/8/2006, 09:48 PM
I'd also like to point out that Fred Phelps is from Kansas and currently lives there. Plus were okay with our kids learning evoloution in school.

<Keith Oberman>Kansas....today's Worst Persons in the World! <Keith Oberman>

KC//CRIMSON
3/8/2006, 09:55 PM
I'm from Eastern Nebraska, we know North Platte is terrible, which is why I hope the western half of the state follows through on it's threat to join Wyoming. Western Nebraska<Kansas<Iowa<Eastern Nebraska

Johnson County, Kansas > entire state of Nebraska.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 09:57 PM
Just because it gets Missouri refugees.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 09:59 PM
royalfan launched the first bomb in the border war so, I'm calling in a 2,000lb bull**** bomb. Yeah I know, state smack between Kansas and Nebraska. However, North Platte, NE is an absolute ****hole. Let's see..... Place to visit? The Cody Fort, Sinclair Gas Station, and the whole town in a blink of an eye as you fly over it. Places to eat? The Saloon, Whiskey Creek or McD's. Best thing to do? Leave town. Without a doubt, Kansas >>> Nebraska.

http://members.cox.net/kabookies/images/northplatte.JPG
You forgot the Buffalo Bill Cody Ranch.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 10:43 PM
Not to belittle my homeland, but can we assume that when you are arguing states, and it is just assumed that Oklahoma is better, does it really even matter anymore?

oumartin
3/8/2006, 10:44 PM
looks like theres an overpass on that image.. buddy out here in the panhandle there are no overpasses.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 10:49 PM
i dont think i've ever seen the state of nebraska try and pass itself off as the fun capital of the midwest

its a farm state, period......i like nebraska...kansas isnt any different, there is absolutely nothing there that makes it "better" than nebraska......NOTHING

3/8/2006, 11:04 PM
Home is where the heart is, no matter where you are from. I grew up in Shattuck, so I know of what I speak.

I still regard it as "home.".

IB4OU2
3/8/2006, 11:14 PM
Both states are good for pheasant, quail, turkey and Whitetail deer hunting but I wouldn't want to live in either one, unless of course I wanted to farm or ranch.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 11:22 PM
kansas - nebraska smack

too damn funny

KC//CRIMSON
3/9/2006, 12:04 AM
i dont think i've ever seen the state of nebraska try and pass itself off as the fun capital of the midwest

its a farm state, period......i like nebraska...kansas isnt any different, there is absolutely nothing there that makes it "better" than nebraska......NOTHING

You've never been to eastern Kansas. ;)

jk the sooner fan
3/9/2006, 12:06 AM
You've never been to eastern Kansas. ;)

actually i have

there is nothing in kansas that is GREATER than anything in nebraska

please people, if it werent for the little sign at the line, you'd never know the difference

IronSooner
3/9/2006, 12:52 AM
please people, if it werent for the little sign at the line, you'd never know the difference

I remember as a kid sitting in the back of our jeep on a big West roadtrip. I fell asleep somewhere in Nebraska and woke up in Kansas. Had no concept of how long I'd been out, where the hell I was, or why it all looked the same. I haven't been back since.

I've never been to western nebraska, but if it's anything like western kansas I'd let wyoming have it. At least in Illinois and Indiana there are farms and corn waving in the wind. Out there there ain't ****.

jdsooner
3/9/2006, 01:02 AM
Southern Wyoming is horrible! Living in Ponca, I must say that southern Kansas isn't too bad and Wichita has some nice areas, especially the northeast part of town.

SoonerInKCMO
3/9/2006, 01:05 PM

The Dot p3wns JoCo. :texan:

KABOOKIE
3/11/2006, 12:21 AM
Damn good basketball there in Nebraska..... :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
3/11/2006, 12:48 AM
You people have obviously never been to Tuba City, AZ.