PDA

View Full Version : Confusion reigns.

SOONER44EVER
3/8/2006, 06:41 PM
From the Daily Oklahoman:

The sports world has been confusing lately.

The NBA slam dunk winner stands 5-foot-8 and the 3-point contest winner stands 7-foot. And the slam dunk winner clinched it by going 1-14.

The 2 best players in college basketball are white.

There are more NFL free agents losing millions than making them.

Canada has gotten worse at hockey than America.

Pro baseball holds a "true" world series and no one cares.

And some people still believe Barry Bonds didn't use steroids.

Heh!

CatfishSooner
3/8/2006, 06:44 PM
I like the "two best players in college basketball are white..."

BajaOklahoma
3/8/2006, 09:18 PM
That may be the best article ever written for the Daily Oklahoman.
It made me laugh.

XingTheRubicon
3/8/2006, 09:52 PM
I bet Bryant Gumbel wouldn't like the white guys comment....being the flat-out racist that he is.

BG quote on Real Sports:

"Try not to laugh when you hear the quote greatest athletes in the world at this year's winter olympics. With a scarcity of african americans that would resemble a GOP convention, all I can say is light the torch, because the sooner the games begin, the sooner they can end.....and we can move our attention to March Madness."

Now while I agree that March Madness is for me, more entertaining than the winter olympics, I don't discount the dedication and talent that speed skaters and downhill skiers, etc. have.

I remember a story about Eric Heiden. He would do 500 leg presses at the end of a training session. The last hundred, he had tears streaming down his purple face. When he finished, two trainers helped him walk to the massage table to work out the cramps and pain and a reporter asked him.... "Is that a normal workout?" Heiden said in pain, "Hell no." "Then why do you do that?" the reporter asked. Heiden looked him right in the eye as the color was coming back to his face and said "do you think the other guy is doing that?"

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8681/heiden8ur.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dude had a 32 inch waist and 27 inch thighs. Too bad he wasn't a real athlete.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/8/2006, 11:49 PM
I hate Bryant Gumbal. He is a racist jerk. For the millionth time, generally speaking, black people don't ski or skate or curl. When they do, they'll be represented.

Same with black QBs and coaches. Black people have been playing football for about 45 years now. Most QBs and coaches parents are..... COACHES!!!!!!!!!!!! When the black dudes playing the sport graduate from college, work their way up the ranks and have kids... well, there's your coaches and qbs, just like the white dudes.

To me, it's obvious that there is some inate skill set that is more prevelent in a black athlete. Whatever sport they play, the best rise to the top and play at levels that are better than other races. Bryant Gumbal would call me a racist for saying that. Bryant Gumbal would probably also say it and call me a racist if I disagreed.

I wonder if that stupid bastard is any good at sports. Well, I'm gonna sit here and imagine him sucking at sports.

CtheB
3/8/2006, 11:51 PM
Reminds me of a Barkley line a few years ago:

"The world is crazy. The best rapper is white. The best golfer is black. And the most popular basketball player is Chinese."

RacerX
3/8/2006, 11:53 PM
And Canada beats the US in baseball.

OUGreg723
3/9/2006, 09:42 AM

:mad: I HATE stupid Canada!:mad:

Flagstaffsooner
3/9/2006, 10:43 AM
Blame Canada, blame Canada!

Readyfor8
3/9/2006, 11:02 AM
I bet Bryant Gumbel wouldn't like the white guys comment....being the flat-out racist that he is.

BG quote on Real Sports:

"Try not to laugh when you hear the quote greatest athletes in the world at this year's winter olympics. With a scarcity of african americans that would resemble a GOP convention, all I can say is light the torch, because the sooner the games begin, the sooner they can end.....and we can move our attention to March Madness."

Now while I agree that March Madness is for me, more entertaining than the winter olympics, I don't discount the dedication and talent that speed skaters and downhill skiers, etc. have.

I remember a story about Eric Heiden. He would do 500 leg presses at the end of a training session. The last hundred, he had tears streaming down his purple face. When he finished, two trainers helped him walk to the massage table to work out the cramps and pain and a reporter asked him.... "Is that a normal workout?" Heiden said in pain, "Hell no." "Then why do you do that?" the reporter asked. Heiden looked him right in the eye as the color was coming back to his face and said "do you think the other guy is doing that?"

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8681/heiden8ur.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dude had a 32 inch waist and 27 inch thighs. Too bad he wasn't a real athlete.

With all due respect, I bolded the statement that is relevent. Had it said greatest athletes in the world at their respective sports or even greatest winter athletes in the world you may have a gripe. But to use a blanket statement like greatest athletes in the world and really mean the greatest athletes in the world from the northern hemisphere where most of the winners of these games will be from is a little obtuse.

When they used that statement and the Olympics were all in one year I would give them that, but the Winter Olympics alone are not showcasing all of the greatest athletes in the world. Its tantamount to calling the Super Bowl winner a World Champion when they haven't played anyone outside the US.

picasso
3/9/2006, 11:10 AM
the hell does Bryant Gumball really know about sports? He's the smart kid who never got picked in any neighborhood games.

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 11:16 AM
'Athletes' and the sport of 'Curling' should never be used in a sentence together. Starting now.

Hamhock
3/9/2006, 11:20 AM
I like the "two best players in college basketball are white..."

Bookout and who? ;)

NormanPride
3/9/2006, 11:54 AM
Bookout and who? ;)

Michael Ott.

HoserSooner
3/9/2006, 12:13 PM
Blame Canada, blame Canada!

And don't forget one of those white dudes is Canadian.

:cool:

Vaevictis
3/9/2006, 06:00 PM
And don't forget one of those white dudes is Canadian.

Take. Off. You. Hoser!

Herr Scholz
3/9/2006, 06:06 PM
As long as they beat Mexico too, fine. Mexico's edging us out in the tiebreaker at this point.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/9/2006, 11:27 PM
With all due respect, I bolded the statement that is relevent. Had it said greatest athletes in the world at their respective sports or even greatest winter athletes in the world you may have a gripe. But to use a blanket statement like greatest athletes in the world and really mean the greatest athletes in the world from the northern hemisphere where most of the winners of these games will be from is a little obtuse.

When they used that statement and the Olympics were all in one year I would give them that, but the Winter Olympics alone are not showcasing all of the greatest athletes in the world. Its tantamount to calling the Super Bowl winner a World Champion when they haven't played anyone outside the US.

Nope. I have to disagree... mainly because you are siding with Gumbal, so I must argue.

There is no need to say something that specific when talking about an Olympic sport. To HAVE to eek out "from their respective sports... well, that is unless the hypothetical black snowboarder was in the games" It's just too stupid to have to forgive these badass athletes for not being black. Gumbal can kiss my left Gum ball.

The winter olympics have to have an asterisk beside them because there aren't enough black people? Are you for real? You know, at one point in the Summer games, I saw a sport played on motorbikes that was a lot like field hockey. Do they have to apologize for not having black guys? Absurd. I would rather that they apologize for playing a stupid assed sport.

Damnit that statement makes me madder than hell. Especially since you qualified it with "with all due respect". There isn't jack **** for respect in that post. If every sport now has to have people from every race and everyland before an athlete can be considered elite, well then stuff Shaq's *** in a NASCAR. Have Tiger Woods take up bowling. Let's get Jerome Bettis to be a horse jockey. Larry Allen can be a mogul skier. OK, I am being rediculous, but seriously, to say that Jeremy Bloom isn't one of the best athletes in the world is really a **** poor judgement of skill.

I will not apologize for living in the northern hemisphere and being white. Just because black people don't play these sports doesn't mean that the crackers aren't superb.

Or should we just go ahead and crap on the graves of Jim Thorpe, Red Grange, Babe Ruth, Roger Bannister and so forth?

Readyfor8
3/11/2006, 08:41 PM
Nope. I have to disagree... mainly because you are siding with Gumbal, so I must argue.

There is no need to say something that specific when talking about an Olympic sport. To HAVE to eek out "from their respective sports... well, that is unless the hypothetical black snowboarder was in the games" It's just too stupid to have to forgive these badass athletes for not being black. Gumbal can kiss my left Gum ball.

The winter olympics have to have an asterisk beside them because there aren't enough black people? Are you for real? You know, at one point in the Summer games, I saw a sport played on motorbikes that was a lot like field hockey. Do they have to apologize for not having black guys? Absurd. I would rather that they apologize for playing a stupid assed sport.

Damnit that statement makes me madder than hell. Especially since you qualified it with "with all due respect". There isn't jack **** for respect in that post. If every sport now has to have people from every race and everyland before an athlete can be considered elite, well then stuff Shaq's *** in a NASCAR. Have Tiger Woods take up bowling. Let's get Jerome Bettis to be a horse jockey. Larry Allen can be a mogul skier. OK, I am being rediculous, but seriously, to say that Jeremy Bloom isn't one of the best athletes in the world is really a **** poor judgement of skill.

I will not apologize for living in the northern hemisphere and being white. Just because black people don't play these sports doesn't mean that the crackers aren't superb.

Or should we just go ahead and crap on the graves of Jim Thorpe, Red Grange, Babe Ruth, Roger Bannister and so forth?

You sir are a complete moron, do you honestly believe that the Best Athletes are in the Winter Games? That is as moronic as your attacking my "with all due respect" comment. I made that statement because I didn't want people to think I was attacking one particular poster, not because you the reader of the post deserve anything but my pity.

The fact is that Northern Hemisphere Countries are the only Countries that represent well in the Winter Olympics, the only exception may be China and they are equatorial. Even Austrailia isn't represented well in the Winter Olympics.

The problem with asinine posts like the above is that you can't see that I didn't insult anyone for not being black in my post, I didn't insult anyone with my post and I didn't disparage any athlete in my post. Instead I simply said that the Winter Olympics aren't a good cross-section of the athletes in the world, and that includes all people of color not just black people. The Summer Olympics are a far better example of "The best athletes in the world". Why? Because they offer a cross-section of more than just the Northern Hemisphere.

Take a deep breath and try some reading comprehension courses before you respond to this post.

Edit: In fact your myopia continues in your last statement because every White Athlete mentioned in the last line of your post wouldn't have been inlcuded in the "greatest athletes in the world" statement because not one of them would have played in the Winter Games. Your the one taking a "crap" on their graves because they wouldn't have played in your cross-section.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/11/2006, 09:55 PM
You sir are a complete moron, do you honestly believe that the Best Athletes are in the Winter Games? That is as moronic as your attacking my "with all due respect" comment. I made that statement because I didn't want people to think I was attacking one particular poster, not because you the reader of the post deserve anything but my pity.

The fact is that Northern Hemisphere Countries are the only Countries that represent well in the Winter Olympics, the only exception may be China and they are equatorial. Even Austrailia isn't represented well in the Winter Olympics.

The problem with asinine posts like the above is that you can't see that I didn't insult anyone for not being black in my post, I didn't insult anyone with my post and I didn't disparage any athlete in my post. Instead I simply said that the Winter Olympics aren't a good cross-section of the athletes in the world, and that includes all people of color not just black people. The Summer Olympics are a far better example of "The best athletes in the world". Why? Because they offer a cross-section of more than just the Northern Hemisphere.

Take a deep breath and try some reading comprehension courses before you respond to this post.

Edit: In fact your myopia continues in your last statement because every White Athlete mentioned in the last line of your post wouldn't have been inlcuded in the "greatest athletes in the world" statement because not one of them would have played in the Winter Games. Your the one taking a "crap" on their graves because they wouldn't have played in your cross-section.
Wow. You are total dick! Calling me a moran and sir? Good one. Hide behind your computer *********, because for one you haven't a clue about my intelligence and I can asure you that you wouldn't be saying any of this to my face. I've noticed that message board twerps like you love the word 'myopia'. Good for you! You got to use it today. Now feel free to correct my spelling. You will look totally cool after that.

As for the best athletes in the world being at the Winter games? Sure, I can say that without any problem. They are great athletes! Who's better? Can you prove it?

Now let's take a good look at another group that might fall in to you catagory of under represented athletes. The NFL. Hell, these losers aren't even from outside the US! They must be lame assed athletes. OK, you get a couple of Mexican kickers now and then. Ok, I am pretty sure that just blew up your whole dambassed arguement.

Hey, all of those guys I mentioned are from the Northern hemispere and their sports didn't have athletes from all over the globe. Hmmm. They must not be included in the list of world's greatest athletes. Good! You settled it.

Yep. Winter Olympics. Not some of the world's greatest athletes because you said so.

EDIT: I don't know many of the Winter Olympians names and I am pretty sure that you don't either, so I used sports icons. I thought you'd figure out why I used them.

chriscappel
3/11/2006, 09:59 PM
I like the World Series thing!

Readyfor8
3/12/2006, 02:55 AM
Wow. You are total dick! Calling me a moran and sir? Good one. Hide behind your computer *********, because for one you haven't a clue about my intelligence and I can asure you that you wouldn't be saying any of this to my face. I've noticed that message board twerps like you love the word 'myopia'. Good for you! You got to use it today. Now feel free to correct my spelling. You will look totally cool after that.

As for the best athletes in the world being at the Winter games? Sure, I can say that without any problem. They are great athletes! Who's better? Can you prove it?

Now let's take a good look at another group that might fall in to you catagory of under represented athletes. The NFL. Hell, these losers aren't even from outside the US! They must be lame assed athletes. OK, you get a couple of Mexican kickers now and then. Ok, I am pretty sure that just blew up your whole dambassed arguement.

Hey, all of those guys I mentioned are from the Northern hemispere and their sports didn't have athletes from all over the globe. Hmmm. They must not be included in the list of world's greatest athletes. Good! You settled it.

Yep. Winter Olympics. Not some of the world's greatest athletes because you said so.

EDIT: I don't know many of the Winter Olympians names and I am pretty sure that you don't either, so I used sports icons. I thought you'd figure out why I used them.

Lets try this again, since it hasn't sunk in yet. The arguement is whether the greatest athletes in the world are at the Winter Olympics. My arguement is that when you feature sports that dont include people from the southern hemisphere you can't have the worlds greatest athletes. Your arguement is... well I'm not quite sure what your arguement is.

As for winter athletes, well I'm sure the best winter athletes are in the Winter Olympics, but that doesn't mean they are the best athletes in the world. They are some of the best athletes in the world, but that isn't inclusive to say that the best athletes in the world are at the Winter Olympics, because those aren't the best athletes in the world they are some of the best athletes in the world.

The real reason NBC would say the statement is to highlight the fact that we fielded perhaps our best team in recent history at these Olympics. But, when they say the "best athletes in the world" statement they are being overly broad. That is the real reason they say that, its not because it's true, it's because they want ratings.

You however are an idiot, and I may not be as big as you, I may not be as strong as you, but I damn sure will say it straight to your face that you are a complete moron for attacking me instead of what I said. If you want to show off your epeen and pretend you are some big shot thats fine, you still don't have a cohesive thought and you still won't make a strong point because the arguement you are making is full of bias as to weather or not the athletes are white. The fact is that if you took the best White only athletes from every country, in every conceivable hemisphere, you would have a far better cross-section at which you could judge whether these are the best athletes in the world. This however would not be an acurate cross-section, because you aren't including everyone.

Thats what it boils down to, the Winter Olympics don't include everyone. Not based on skin color or ethnicity but based on climate, therefor you can't have the best athletes in the world, you can only have the "best winter athletes in the world" like I said in my original post. Wrap your head around that.

Edit: And BTW I never attacked your spelling, that is yet another part of your persecution complex shining through.

Collier11
3/12/2006, 03:09 AM
Hey guys, im sure you are both intelligent and probably both good guys in real life away from the keyboard, so lets not talk all the talk about saying this and that to each others face and how tough we are because it only makes you guys look stupid. Behind a computer, everyone is tough, smart, cool, and good at everything that they do and it can never be proven otherwise so dont lower yourselves to trying to prove either-or

Readyfor8
3/12/2006, 03:24 AM
I get what you are saying Collier, and your right it is stupid to say stuff like that. However, I take a firm stand that I wouldn't say anything on the internet or telephone, that I won't support face to face.

And I am willing to get my *** handed to me to prove it.

BajaOklahoma
3/12/2006, 08:54 AM
I can't believe that this subject ended up with name calling.

*shaking head as I walk away*

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, im sure you are both intelligent and probably both good guys in real life away from the keyboard, so lets not talk all the talk about saying this and that to each others face and how tough we are because it only makes you guys look stupid. Behind a computer, everyone is tough, smart, cool, and good at everything that they do and it can never be proven otherwise so dont lower yourselves to trying to prove either-or
Irony.

OUthunder
3/12/2006, 10:36 AM
Peace sells but who's buying?

Jason White's Third Knee
3/12/2006, 11:04 AM
Lets try this again, since it hasn't sunk in yet. The arguement is whether the greatest athletes in the world are at the Winter Olympics. My arguement is that when you feature sports that dont include people from the southern hemisphere you can't have the worlds greatest athletes. Your arguement is... well I'm not quite sure what your arguement is.

As for winter athletes, well I'm sure the best winter athletes are in the Winter Olympics, but that doesn't mean they are the best athletes in the world. They are some of the best athletes in the world, but that isn't inclusive to say that the best athletes in the world are at the Winter Olympics, because those aren't the best athletes in the world they are some of the best athletes in the world.

The real reason NBC would say the statement is to highlight the fact that we fielded perhaps our best team in recent history at these Olympics. But, when they say the "best athletes in the world" statement they are being overly broad. That is the real reason they say that, its not because it's true, it's because they want ratings.

You however are an idiot, and I may not be as big as you, I may not be as strong as you, but I damn sure will say it straight to your face that you are a complete moron for attacking me instead of what I said. If you want to show off your epeen and pretend you are some big shot thats fine, you still don't have a cohesive thought and you still won't make a strong point because the arguement you are making is full of bias as to weather or not the athletes are white. The fact is that if you took the best White only athletes from every country, in every conceivable hemisphere, you would have a far better cross-section at which you could judge whether these are the best athletes in the world. This however would not be an acurate cross-section, because you aren't including everyone.

Thats what it boils down to, the Winter Olympics don't include everyone. Not based on skin color or ethnicity but based on climate, therefor you can't have the best athletes in the world, you can only have the "best winter athletes in the world" like I said in my original post. Wrap your head around that.

Edit: And BTW I never attacked your spelling, that is yet another part of your persecution complex shining through.

ONe, if you called me a moran to my face, yes, I would hand your *** to you. Two, I am a card carrying member of Mensa. Three, your last post was more rhetoric and didn't refute my last post at all. I mentioned spelling because I feel confident that you would head straight for it to show the world how dumb I am... which of course, means that you are really cool. AND FUNNY!

And I rarely argue with anyone, so saying that I have a persecution complex might be be a case of..... m y o p i a (yea! I got to use it! WHOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I am a twerp, just like you now!!!!!). Generally, my postings are light and amusing. Yours? I barely remember seeing your handle. Just forgetable.

NFL? Sound familiar? Not a good cross section of athletes. We can do this with a ton of sports. Do you really want me to? Same with cricket, rugby, etc. Boring. I made my point.

The winter games has a much greater cross-section of athletes, but you won't be saying that the NFL athletes aren't the best in the world. They are... or do we have to qualify this again? Oh, yeah. The are the best football players in the world. Goodie.

You really need to set up some guidelines for these networks and when they can use the phrase "world's greatest athletes". Unless every country from all over the globe is represented, I doubt if it will ever really be true.:rolleyes: Quick! Make that call to NBC!

Show off my "epeen"? WTF? Is that from your "word of the day" calendar? Yes, many times a day I like to show off my epeen.

Enjoy Bryant Gumbal. You seem to have a lot in common.

XingTheRubicon
3/12/2006, 11:30 AM
Readyfor8,

Bryant Gumble mocked the winter olympics for one reason. He is a racist piece of sh*t. He did NOT mock the WO because white guys from Alabama were not involved. He mocked the WO because black guys from Alabama were not involved.

What might help you, is to imagine the situation completely reversed.

Collier11
3/12/2006, 11:36 AM
Irony.

Why irony, I never talked crap to you, I just told you I disagreed and why...correct??

Readyfor8
3/12/2006, 03:17 PM
The Winter Olympics are a better cross-section of world athletes but not good enough to be considered a testing ground for the best athletes in the world because the array is far to narrow. The same can be said of the NFL because the majority of the players are from the US the test group is still far to narrow to use as a testing ground for the best athletes in the world. The NBA on the other hand has one of the biggest cultural arrays of any league in the world, and might be a better test array for this problem, however they only play one sport and thus I still feel that it isn't the best case for a best athletes in the world.

These no doubt include some of the best athletes in the world in all three cases but they don't include the inclusive best athletes in the world moniker. The Summer Olympics however are the biggest test case for this moniker, simply because it includes the most vast array of any of the leagues mentioned above.

Do you understand what I am saying? No the NFL, NBA, MLB, Winter Olympics do not host "the best athlets in world" they host some of the best athletes in the world. The Summer Olympics would still host only some of the best athletes in the world, but it would be a far greater cross-section and the size and diversity of that cross-section would be enough to merit the moniker.

This is Statistics man, haven't you taken statistics?

BTW: Epeen is a commonly used internet term that I picked up from a video game. It refers to your Internet Manhood or E-penis (get it like Email), and thus epeen.

sanantoniosooner
3/12/2006, 07:11 PM
Why irony, I never talked crap to you, I just told you I disagreed and why...correct??
no......that doesn't sum up our interaction.

but it isn't worth pursuing.

FlatheadSooner
3/12/2006, 08:27 PM
The Summer Olympics would still host only some of the best athletes in the world, but it would be a far greater cross-section and the size and diversity of that cross-section would be enough to merit the moniker.

Except the fact that the athletes from the Northern hemisphere would not be properly represented because they are not practicing summer olympic sports year-round. For half the year they are skiing, skating, curling and having sex twice a day.
;)

FlatheadSooner
3/12/2006, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, and Bryant is gayer than a Christmas carol.

Collier11
3/13/2006, 03:25 AM
no......that doesn't sum up our interaction.

but it isn't worth pursuing.

then dont bring it up publicly...I have no problem having an honest discussion, so if you wanna chat we can chat

Readyfor8
3/13/2006, 05:40 AM
Except the fact that the athletes from the Northern hemisphere would not be properly represented because they are not practicing summer olympic sports year-round. For half the year they are skiing, skating, curling and having sex twice a day.
;)

Exactly all that aside still a better cross-section.... LOL

Bourbon St Sooner
3/13/2006, 03:50 PM
IBTL?

sanantoniosooner
3/13/2006, 06:35 PM
then dont bring it up publicly...I have no problem having an honest discussion, so if you wanna chat we can chat
I answered your question and said that's as far as I cared to go with it.

Honestly, I'm right and you're wrong.:D

Jason White's Third Knee
3/13/2006, 08:49 PM
The Winter Olympics are a better cross-section of world athletes but not good enough to be considered a testing ground for the best athletes in the world because the array is far to narrow. The same can be said of the NFL because the majority of the players are from the US the test group is still far to narrow to use as a testing ground for the best athletes in the world. The NBA on the other hand has one of the biggest cultural arrays of any league in the world, and might be a better test array for this problem, however they only play one sport and thus I still feel that it isn't the best case for a best athletes in the world.

These no doubt include some of the best athletes in the world in all three cases but they don't include the inclusive best athletes in the world moniker. The Summer Olympics however are the biggest test case for this moniker, simply because it includes the most vast array of any of the leagues mentioned above.

Do you understand what I am saying? No the NFL, NBA, MLB, Winter Olympics do not host "the best athlets in world" they host some of the best athletes in the world. The Summer Olympics would still host only some of the best athletes in the world, but it would be a far greater cross-section and the size and diversity of that cross-section would be enough to merit the moniker.

This is Statistics man, haven't you taken statistics?

BTW: Epeen is a commonly used internet term that I picked up from a video game. It refers to your Internet Manhood or E-penis (get it like Email), and thus epeen.

I absolutely see your point. My point is, by the standard you have set up, it's impossible to call anyone one of the greatest athletes in the world, because of subjectivity of it. Only a multi-sport athlete that shows prowess at the top levels would make any sense, and those guys are few and far between.

To HAVE to qualify that the person is not a great athlete and only a great Skier, Discus thrower, Football player, etc. doesn't make sense to me. If they are competing at the highest level then they are a great athlete and when you have a contest that has 100 different sports, then by gum, that just might be a gathering of the world's greatest athletes.

Incidentally, Jeremy Bloom is one of those guys that is a multi-sport phenom. He is a wicked freestyle mogul skier and when he was with the Colorado Buffalos, he was a real pain in the *** kick returner. Fast muther.

Like I said, by your guidelines, I can refute anyone as one of the world's greatest athletes, except for maybe Jim Brown(football/lacrosse) and Bo Jackson(football/baseball). Michael Jordan and Deion Sanders don't quite cut the mustard. THey only REALLY excelled at one sport. Damnit! All black guys. Umm, Chris Weinke? Dang. I tried.

Therefore, I give the WO a pass as a group of superior athletes that are the best in the world. Only hypothetical situations can be argued to the contrary, ie. "what if Carl Lewis was a speed skater?" Maybe he'd be the best. Maybe not. Maybe he'd suck. Would he be good at hockey? Football? We don't and won't know. He was still one of the world's greatest athletes... would his speed and jumping ability be impressive in pads? Beats me.

Just leave golfers and NASCAR drivers out of it, cause they aren't athletes.

[jw3k ducks and covers]

Jason White's Third Knee
3/13/2006, 09:00 PM
Amazing how many pos speks I've gotten from this thread... except for one neg. Wonder who that was? :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes::confused: :rolleyes::mack:

snp
3/13/2006, 09:46 PM
JW3K typed 1351 words, and RF8 had 1180 words about this subject.

I declare JW3K the winner due to this, and because I agree with him. However, in spending so much time on a subject that Bryant Gumble created, you lose in the end. ;)

Collier11
3/14/2006, 01:26 AM
I answered your question and said that's as far as I cared to go with it.

Honestly, I'm right and you're wrong.:D

Of course, how could I be so empty ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
3/14/2006, 03:17 PM
JW3K typed 1351 words, and RF8 had 1180 words about this subject.

I declare JW3K the winner due to this, and because I agree with him. However, in spending so much time on a subject that Bryant Gumble created, you lose in the end. ;)
Agreed. I am giving Bryant Gumbal the attention that he was wanting all along. Alll of you that read this, forgive me. I have wasted bandwidth on combating an opinion that BG came up with and that's just sad. Imagine the teenage boys that could masturbate that much faster if I hadn't taken up the space. Forgive me all.

God, I hate Bryant Gumbal. He makes me feel sorry for Greg.