PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:02 PM
It's January 5, 2010. OU has just won a national title carried by the heroics of a sophomore QB.

A week after the Orange Bowl, the QB addresses some persistent rumors in an interview on ESPN and confirms that he's gay.

How do you think the OU fanbase would react? How would YOU react?

It's statistically VERY likely that OU has had gay football players in the past, as has every university. I just wonder how people would react.

Czar Soonerov
3/8/2006, 01:04 PM
Does that mean he throws like a girl?

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:05 PM
I thought Carl Pendleton was gay.

But I didn't care.

crawfish
3/8/2006, 01:06 PM
You just can't let it go, can you. :)

Frozen Sooner
Yes. A girl with a bazooka for an arm.

Tear Down This Wall
Not in Norman; more likely in Austin, Boulder, Ann Arbor, Madison, Berkeley, or Lawrence, all home cities of flaming fag schools.

mdklatt
I think a tight end is more likely to be gay.

Czar Soonerov
Is he hot?

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:07 PM

But I didn't care.

There is a very revered player in recent OU history who has some rumors swirling around him. I don't believe them, but they're out there.

picasso
3/8/2006, 01:07 PM
I think a tight end is more likely to be gay.
you mean wide receiver.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:08 PM
I doubt Bomar's gay. He plays in Norman, not Austin, Boulder, Ann Arbor, Madison, Berkeley, or Lawrence, all home cities of flaming fag schools.

See, I purposely put it to 2010 and used a sophomore so that it obviously wouldn't apply to anyone on campus.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:08 PM
How do you think the OU fanbase would react?

Like the F'in Hillbillies we are.

How would YOU react?

It wouldn't make any difference to me.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 01:09 PM
if he leads us to back to back MNC's, then he's ok

otherwise..........tarnished.legacy...

;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:10 PM
There is a very revered player in recent OU history who has some rumors swirling around him. I don't believe them, but they're out there.

First one that says Dusty gets baned for the day.

Don't do it, people. Just don't do it...

handcrafted
It's January 5, 2010. OU has just won a national title carried by the heroics of a sophomore QB.

A week after the Orange Bowl, the QB addresses some persistent rumors in an interview on ESPN and confirms that he's gay.

It's statistically VERY likely that OU has had gay football players in the past, as has every university. I just wonder how people would react.

There's no way it would get to that point. Being around 85 other naked guys on a daily basis, such things can't be hid.

mdklatt
more likely in Austin, Boulder, Ann Arbor, Madison, Berkeley, or Lawrence, all home cities of flaming fag schools.

You've obviously done a lot of research on the subject.

Frozen Sooner

It's not Dusty.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:11 PM
There's no way it would get to that point. Being around 85 other naked guys on a daily basis, such things can't be hid.

Not even close to being correct, and who's to say his teammates wouldn't know about it and just didn't talk about it to the media?

jk the sooner fan
It's not Dusty.

i have no idea who the rumors would be about, but if i HAD TO GUESS, it would be Q....or Josh

Czar Soonerov
At least we could execute the QB sneak.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:13 PM
i have no idea who the rumors would be about, but if i HAD TO GUESS, it would be Q....or Josh

Dude, hide your ankles...

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:13 PM
Aren't you glad I can post from work again?

Czar Soonerov
3/8/2006, 01:15 PM
It's not Dusty.

Those rumors have been substanciated? :texan:

MojoRisen
3/8/2006, 01:16 PM
coy detmer

SoonerInKCMO
Not in Norman; more likely in Austin, Boulder, Ann Arbor, Madison, Berkeley, or Lawrence, all home cities of flaming fag schools.

KU is a flaming fag school? Who knew. I've always thought KU and OU to be very similar institutions with similar student bodies and fanbases. That thought has only strengthened after having visited Lawrence several times in the past four years.

JPNSKER
I ran across this situation about 3 years ago. My wife takes me back to her high school reunion just outside of Lincoln and her old classmate buys everyone a round of c$%k suckers. After everyone downed them, she told me he was gay. I'm like, OK, a little wierd maybe a little violating, but OK. He then proceeds to tell us that he dated a prominant "tight end" that played for the Huskers. The funny thing is, this white guy is about 5'6"-200 lbs and the Husker is a large black man.:eek:

I guess it didn't make me not like the player any less, it just turned my stomach a little....

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:17 PM
Those rumors have been substanciated? :texan:

No. They have not. Like I said, I don't personally believe them.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:17 PM
Not even close to being correct, and who's to say his teammates wouldn't know about it and just didn't talk about it to the media?

Oh, so I see you're the expert?

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:19 PM

Tear Down This Wall is the expert on flaming fag schools.

Frozen Sooner
I ran across this situation about 3 years ago. My wife takes me back to her high school reunion just outside of Lincoln and her old classmate buys everyone a round of c$%k suckers. After everyone downed them, she told me he was gay. I'm like, OK, a little wierd maybe a little violating, but OK. He then proceeds to tell us that he dated a prominant "tight end" that played for the Huskers. The funny thing is, this white guy is about 5'6"-200 lbs and the Husker is a large black man.:eek:

I guess it didn't make me not like the player any less, it just turned my stomach a little....

Thanks for the insight. Seriously, I think that the majority of the OU fanbase would be along the lines of Dallas fans in the 90s-they don't like what the players do with their personal lives, but as long as they're winning on the field they'll root for them.

Actually, I thought jk's answer earlier was pretty spot-on.

Penguin
I wouldn't care in the least. However, I wouldn't recommend he "come out" publicly. He might continue and do great in college and the NFL. However, whether it's fair or not, there is no way he would be hired as a coach, college or NFL.

Czar Soonerov
Wait a min. are there actually rumors about Dusty? I was kidding btw...

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:20 PM

Are you saying that you know from first-hand experience that you wouldn't be able to keep from being aroused if exposed to 84 naked dudes?

Your statement is demonstrably false, as a couple of NFL players have come out after their playing days were done.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 01:20 PM
yep, if the kid wins us 2 MNC's, he'll have fans buying him drinks at the local gay bar

if not, then he was "just alright"

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:22 PM
Wait a min. are there actually rumors about Dusty?

There will be now. You can expect to see this thread quoted out of context on hornfans and gopokes any minute now. :rolleyes:

Frozen Sooner

The player with the rumors is not Dusty. The rumors about the player have not been substantiated.

I would not like to be the guy who started a rumor about Dusty's forbidden man-love-especially if Dusty found out after downing a couple.

SoonerInKCMO

Yep. That's where all the pent up rage comes from - he can't show his true love for the guys.

HI JB! :D

Czar Soonerov
3/8/2006, 01:23 PM
Yep. That's where all the pent up rage comes from - he can't show his true love for the guys.

It was nice knowing you KCMO.

RIP

SoonerInKCMO
3/8/2006, 01:24 PM
Hmmm....

Gay thread: 36 posts in 20 minutes.
Lent thread: 4 posts in 20 minutes.

Y'all are a buncha homo heathens.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 01:24 PM

The College I went to has had a number of football players come out after they left. They were in a glass closet while in school too, but no one really cared. People don't really mouth off 6'5 260lb guys irregardless of their orientation. In Nebraska there were always rumor about Crouch being that he like to perform in musicals in the off season.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:25 PM

[...warming-up her negger...]

:D

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:25 PM
Hmmm....

Gay thread: 36 posts in 20 minutes.
Lent thread: 4 posts in 20 minutes.

Y'all are a buncha homo heathens.

Didn't you know? Being Catholic will send you to hell faster than being gay.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:26 PM

Does it take batteries? :texan:

Frozen Sooner
The College I went to has had a number of football players come out after they left. They were in a glass closet while in school too, but no one really cared. People don't really mouth off 6'5 260lb guys irregardless of their orientation. In Nebraska there were always rumor about Crouch being that he like to perform in musicals in the off season.

I know a girl who was pretty close with Crouch. She denies it.

Plus I'm pretty sure he has a kid.

Penguin
Are you saying that you know from first-hand experience that you wouldn't be able to keep from being aroused if exposed to 84 naked dudes?

Your statement is demonstrably false, as a couple of NFL players have come out after their playing days were done.

I see what you're saying, but, if I were surrounded by 84 athletic, nubile, 18-year old women, I might be slightly aroused.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:27 PM

BSG, I never knew you were in the KKK...

Mjcpr

You think your stomach was turned, how do you think the tiny homo felt??!! Proabably stirrred like a drink.

soonerscuba
I wouldn't like it, but reasons completely unrelated to his sexuality. Norman would become the beacon of gay athletes, the town would literally become a rallying cry of those who wish to advocate all gay issues. I personally agree that gays should be given equal protection, I just don't want to hear about Norman and the gay quarterback the rest of my life.

mdklatt

That's not a guarantee.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 01:28 PM

Is that like a fluffer?

Frozen Sooner
I see what you're saying, but, if I were surrounded by 84 athletic, nubile, 18-year old women, I might be slightly aroused.

So why are lesbians even able to leave the house? I'd just sit there in front of the mirror and play with my boobies all day.

BlondeSoonerGirl
Is it Q?

JPNSKER
3/8/2006, 01:29 PM

Interesting, Royal. Never heard that one before about Crouch....

Frozen Sooner
That's not a guarantee.

No, but having a long-term girlfriend and a kid is a pretty good indicator of not being gay. Not 100% foolproof, but it's contraindicatory.

Penguin
So why are lesbians even able to leave the house? I'd just sit there in front of the mirror and play with my boobies all day.

That's the first intelligent thing that you've posted all day. :D

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 01:30 PM
Interesting, Royal. Never heard that one before about Crouch....
I rember hearing that alot after he almost quit the team, as a companion to that rumor was that he was secretly dating Dan Alexander.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2006, 01:31 PM

I don't know who he is talkin' 'bout, but I would have guessed J.C. or Spencer...But I'm just guessing and don't know anything...Hell, I don't know where I live...;)

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:39 PM

We weren't talking about me. I am as you know heterosexual, otherwise known as normal. But since you asked, do you think that I should be allowed to walk through a locker room full of nude women on a daily basis? Why do gay men get that privilege?

Tell me, why are male and female bathrooms/showers/locker rooms separate? And tell me, why should gay/lesbian persons not be required to use separate facilities as well? Do gay people suddenly obtain the ability to control their sexual desires?

So what do we do? Let the gay/lesbians use the opposite sexes facilities? Can't do that. Do we create "gay only" facilities just for them? Unworkable. You can't put the same-sex gays together for obvious reasons. And you can't create a co-ed gay facility, because they'd still be mixing in with persons of the sex they're attracted to.

So, what you have is a situation where a gay athlete can use the boys' shower and get all the free looks at other guys' packages that he wants. Does that seem fair and equitable to you?

What's the solution?

In those cases my opinion is they were not gay. They may have *thought* they were, but they were not.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:41 PM
Froz is such a troublemaker...

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:43 PM
And tell me, why should gay/lesbian persons not be required to use separate facilities as well? Do gay people suddenly obtain the ability to control their sexual desires?

So you're saying if you were in a women's locker room you couldn't control yourself?

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 01:43 PM
Froz is such a troublemaker...

You got that right, Fluffy.

crawfish
3/8/2006, 01:44 PM
He just admitted he was gay because he wants to play for the Packers...

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 01:45 PM
We weren't talking about me. I am as you know heterosexual, otherwise known as normal. But since you asked, do you think that I should be allowed to walk through a locker room full of nude women on a daily basis? Why do gay men get that privilege?

Tell me, why are male and female bathrooms/showers/locker rooms separate? And tell me, why should gay/lesbian persons not be required to use separate facilities as well? Do gay people suddenly obtain the ability to control their sexual desires?

So what do we do? Let the gay/lesbians use the opposite sexes facilities? Can't do that. Do we create "gay only" facilities just for them? Unworkable. You can't put the same-sex gays together for obvious reasons. And you can't create a co-ed gay facility, because they'd still be mixing in with persons of the sex they're attracted to.

So, what you have is a situation where a gay athlete can use the boys' shower and get all the free looks at other guys' packages that he wants. Does that seem fair and equitable to you?

What's the solution?

In those cases my opinion is they were not gay. They may have *thought* they were, but they were not.
What about all the Lesbians in women's sports? Or are you only concerned about men's sports.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 01:46 PM
IS IT Q???!!!

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:47 PM
So you're saying if you were in a women's locker room you couldn't control yourself?

I honestly don't know whether I could or not, and neither do most men, which is why it's against the law for men to go into women's locker rooms, and vice versa. You generally get arrested for that stuff.

Penguin
3/8/2006, 01:47 PM
70/40 He's talking about Dean.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:48 PM
We weren't talking about me. I am as you know heterosexual, otherwise known as normal. But since you asked, do you think that I should be allowed to walk through a locker room full of nude women on a daily basis? Why do gay men get that privilege? We weren't talking about me either, but you asked me if I was the expert.

Tell me, why are male and female bathrooms/showers/locker rooms separate? Because prevailing societal mores frown on mixed-gender nudity
And tell me, why should gay/lesbian persons not be required to use separate facilities as well? Probably because it'd be stupid.
Do gay people suddenly obtain the ability to control their sexual desires? I guess I missed all the reports of mass rapes at nudist colonies. People are more than able to control their desires and are able to think of people as "off limits."

So what do we do? Let the gay/lesbians use the opposite sexes facilities? Can't do that. Do we create "gay only" facilities just for them? Unworkable. You can't put the same-sex gays together for obvious reasons. And you can't create a co-ed gay facility, because they'd still be mixing in with persons of the sex they're attracted to. Your initial postulates are false, and you're arguing a slippery slope.

So, what you have is a situation where a gay athlete can use the boys' shower and get all the free looks at other guys' packages that he wants. Does that seem fair and equitable to you? You honestly think it's a fairness issue about guys getting to look at other guys' packages? I imagine that if someone was in a locker room and just hanging out looking at other players' packages, locker room justice would ensue-just as a woman would likely slap a guy who just stared at her breasts all day.

What's the solution? Giving people the benefit of thinking that they are able to control their actions.

Well, that's rather special of you. I guess they just THOUGHT they liked having sex with other men, but you know their minds better than them.

crawfish
3/8/2006, 01:49 PM

Even if I didn't outright ogle them, would they have a right to complain about my being there? Men are visual. Gay men are, too. It's not wrong to feel uncomfortable knowing that.

crawfish
3/8/2006, 01:50 PM
IS IT Q???!!!

Shame on you. :mad:

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:52 PM
Giving people the benefit of thinking that they are able to control their actions.

Just trying to get you to think this issue through. At least you're being consistent. :)

Would you advocate getting rid of the laws requiring separate sex bathrooms/showers/locker rooms?

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 01:53 PM
I honestly don't know whether I could or not, and neither do most men, which is why it's against the law for men to go into women's locker rooms, and vice versa. You generally get arrested for that stuff.

What are you worried you would do? Start floggin the dolphin? Fondle somebody? Something worse?

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:53 PM
Oh, and...threadjack in progress. :D

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:55 PM
What are you worried you would do? Start floggin the dolphin? Fondle somebody? Something worse?

See Crawfish's response. Just ogling is illegal, dude, even if you don't get wood.

And I'll ask you the same question I just asked Froz. Would you advocate doing away with separate sex bathrooms/locker rooms/showers?

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 01:55 PM
Froz - have you ever been in a male locker room?

seriously, more testosterone and sex talk than you might imagine

Penguin
3/8/2006, 01:56 PM
Troy Aikman

Grimey
3/8/2006, 01:57 PM
I really hope this doesnt turn into a "wonder who Froz is talking about" thread. If said person is gay and wants to come out, he should be able to do it on their own time.

I'd imagine Q or Josh or whoever wouldnt like being the subject of a thread like this, regardless of which "team" he plays for.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 01:57 PM

Not only that, but plenty of "joke gay talk" like goes on here.

royalfan5
3/8/2006, 01:58 PM
Just trying to get you to think this issue through. At least you're being consistent. :)

Would you advocate getting rid of the laws requiring separate sex bathrooms/showers/locker rooms?
Why do you automatically mix nudity with sexual arousal? My junior year in college one of my quadmates who is gay was able to control himself in the bathroom 8 of us shared, and I'm pretty fine, if I say so myself. There is much more to sexual arousal than mere nudity. For me being checked out by a gay man is the same is me being checked out by a woman I'm not attracted to. I appreciate the thought, but it ain't going to happen, but it doesn't make me uncomfortable.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 01:59 PM

Advocate is a strong word. I wouldn't stand on the street corner with a petition or anything. I wouldn't worry about it all that much if it came up.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 02:00 PM

Er, yeah. I earned six varsity letters in high school and was invited to walk on to a varsity sport at OU.

nmsoonergirl

And I'll ask you the same question I just asked Froz. Would you advocate doing away with separate sex bathrooms/locker rooms/showers?

Does that mean I could stop standing in ridiculously long lines and having to use the wimmen's restroom, which is always 100 times dirtier, smellier, and more disgusting than the men's? Cause I'd be all for that.

Oh, wait, you weren't asking me...

mdklatt

I don't see any reason to. I also don't see any reason to have seperate homo bathrooms. It's not like you have a constitutional right to not have your junk checked out in the shower.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 02:01 PM
I really hope this doesnt turn into a "wonder who Froz is talking about" thread. If said person is gay and wants to come out, he should be able to do it on their own time.

I'd imagine Q or Josh or whoever wouldnt like being the subject of a thread like this, regardless of which "team" he plays for.

Wasn't my intent at all. That's why I stopped answering questions on if it was this player or another.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 02:02 PM
I really like the shower scene in Porky's and when Miss Ballbricker gets her hands on it and starts pulling, that's awesome.

Stanley1
3/8/2006, 02:03 PM
Er, yeah. I earned six varsity letters in high school and was invited to walk on to a varsity sport at OU.

Gymnastics?

;)

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:04 PM
Why do you automatically mix nudity with sexual arousal?

Because most of the time it is, and anybody who says otherwise is just deluding themselves. I'm glad some people are self-aware enough to control themselves physically to varying degrees, but can you control yourself mentally?

Me, I don't care to find out what I'm capable of thinking, much less doing, in certain situations, so I don't want to be anywhere near said situation.

This is why we have indecency laws. And it's also why the Bible talks about "uncovering nakedness" as sexual sin.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 02:05 PM
Wasn't my intent at all. That's why I stopped answering questions on if it was this player or another.

*Sigh.*

Dammit.

:mack:

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 02:06 PM
Gymnastics?

;)

Heh. No. ;)

Grimey
3/8/2006, 02:07 PM

I didnt mean to point the finger at you. Others are the people throwing out random players' names.

I wouldn't like it, but reasons completely unrelated to his sexuality. Norman would become the beacon of gay athletes, the town would literally become a rallying cry of those who wish to advocate all gay issues. I personally agree that gays should be given equal protection, I just don't want to hear about Norman and the gay quarterback the rest of my life.

more or less, I agree with scuba.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:07 PM
I don't see any reason to. I also don't see any reason to have seperate homo bathrooms. It's not like you have a constitutional right to not have your junk checked out in the shower.

yeah, sexual harassment isn't illegal or anything.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:08 PM
I'm glad some people are self-aware enough to control themselves physically to varying degrees, but can you control yourself mentally?

What do you mean mentally? Like having impure thoughts? Oh no, I just had a an impure thought! Lock me up and throw away the key!

Me, I don't care to find out what I'm capable of thinking, much less doing, in certain situations, so I don't want to be anywhere near said situation.

If you're so worried about your self control might I suggest registering yourself with the local police department and wearing a tracking bracelet?

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:10 PM
yeah, sexual harassment isn't illegal or anything.

Being checked out is not sexual harassment.

Why are you so worried about being checked out by gay guys anyway? Do you spend a lot of time at the gym and a lot of money on hair care products? NTTAWWT.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:11 PM
What do you mean mentally? Like having impure thoughts? Oh no, I just had a an impure thought! Lock me up and throw away the key!

Well, the aforementioned indecency/peeping tom laws are meant to keep people from being the objects of another person's impure thoughts. So what's your point?

If you're so worried about your self control might I suggest registering yourself with the local police department and wearing a tracking bracelet?

:rolleyes:

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 02:11 PM
Do you spend a lot of time at the gym and a lot of money on hair care products? NTTAWWT.

:mad:

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:12 PM
Being checked out is not sexual harassment.

Actually, it can be.

soonerscuba
3/8/2006, 02:13 PM
handcrafted, I recommend you stay the hell away from OU until about October if you have a problem with unpure thoughts.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:14 PM
handcrafted, I recommend you stay the hell away from OU until about October if you have a problem with unpure thoughts.

Heh. :) Yes, I had a lot of them when I was a student.

mdklatt
Well, the aforementioned indecency/peeping tom laws are meant to keep people from being the objects of another person's impure thoughts.

Well, then I guess we'd better start making women wear burqas or else impure thoughts are going to continue to run rampant in this country.

BlondeSoonerGirl
Man, you guys sure do look at stuff like this waaaaay different than women do.

Interesting...

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:15 PM

Interesting...

Go on....

No, seriously.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 02:15 PM

Interesting...

If they determine that being checked out is sexual harrassment, are you going to charge those little kids?

IB4OU2
3/8/2006, 02:18 PM

I would be the fulltime donut delivery guy, providing a dozen or so at a time...........

Stoop Dawg
3/8/2006, 02:19 PM

Having something be demonstrably false has never stopped him from espousing it before. Why start now?

Harry Beanbag
3/8/2006, 02:19 PM
I don't have time to read this entire thread, just wanted to say that it wouldn't matter to me at all.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:20 PM
Well, then I guess we'd better start making women wear burqas or else impure thoughts are going to continue to run rampant in this country.

Bad argument, MD. There aren't two extremes here, there's a whole range of possibilities.

Look, what I've been getting at is this: we have laws in this state/country that protect people from being ogled in a nude or semi-undressed state by a person of the opposite sex. These laws don't require any overt physical acts. "Looking with impure intent" is the behavior that these laws are designed to deter. The laws are there for a reason.

But gays and lesbians are excepted from these laws, even if they're "out", so to speak. I'm simply saying that there's a huge double standard going on.

Stoop Dawg
I don't have time to read this entire thread, just wanted to say that it wouldn't matter to me at all.

Agreed.

mdklatt
If they determine that being checked out is sexual harrassment, are you going to charge those little kids?

It's not harassment if you kinda liked it.

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:21 PM
Having something be demonstrably false has never stopped him from espousing it before. Why start now?

Pot. Kettle. Black.

And BTW you don't even believe in demonstrable falsehood, so your post makes no sense.

Pricetag
3/8/2006, 02:23 PM
we have laws in this state/country that protect people from being ogled in a nude or semi-undressed state by a person of the opposite sex. These laws don't require any overt physical acts. "Looking with impure intent" is the behavior that these laws are designed to deter. The laws are there for a reason.
How could such a thing as "looking with impure intent" ever be proven in a court of law?

Fugue
3/8/2006, 02:23 PM
the Boz?

:texan:

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:24 PM
How could such a thing as "looking with impure intent" ever be proven in a court of law?

Go sneak up and look in some woman's window at night, and find out.

Or better yet, sneak in to the women's basketball team's locker room at OU.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 02:24 PM
Look, what I've been getting at is this: we have laws in this state/country that protect people from being ogled in a nude or semi-undressed state by a person of the opposite sex. These laws don't require any overt physical acts. "Looking with impure intent" is the behavior that these laws are designed to deter. The laws are there for a reason.

Wrong. The laws are not there to protect people from being ogled, the laws are there to keep people from exposing OTHERS to a naked human body.

A law protecting your right to go clothed if you wished is there to protect you from other people ogling you. The law as written forbids you to go naked in public. Big difference.

And for what it's worth, it is not illegal to have a unisex changing room in an adults-only setting.

edit: sorry, I was thinking about the wrong set of laws.

Anti-peeping-tom legislation is to keep an expectation of privacy sacrosanct. There is no expectation of privacy in a locker room.

Pricetag
3/8/2006, 02:26 PM
Go sneak up and look in some woman's window at night, and find out.
That's completely different than checking someone out when you're in the room with them, though. You've already committed a crime before you ever look in your scenario. I don't think you could ever bust someone for looking at someone in the same room if you didn't make some kind of overt gesture while doing it, and even that would be tough to prove, IMO.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 02:26 PM

That's what I'd like to know.

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/3894/patnharry4tr.jpg

handcrafted
3/8/2006, 02:27 PM
edit: sorry, I was thinking about the wrong set of laws.

Anti-peeping-tom legislation is to keep an expectation of privacy sacrosanct. There is no expectation of privacy in a locker room.

Then why are locker rooms same-sex only?

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 02:28 PM
That's completely different than checking someone out when you're in the room with them, though. You've already committed a crime before you ever look in your scenario. I don't think you could ever bust someone for looking at someone in the same room if you didn't make some kind of overt gesture while doing it, and even that would be tough to prove, IMO.

Sometimes when I'm in a meeting and there is a lady in the meeting I will look at her, make a V with my index and middle fingers and stick my tongue through it. Everyone usually laughs.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:29 PM
Look, what I've been getting at is this: we have laws in this state/country that protect people from being ogled in a nude or semi-undressed state by a person of the opposite sex.

Those laws have to do with privacy, not impure thoughts. Is it illegal to ogle some chick in a string bikini at the beach?

But gays and lesbians are excepted from these laws, even if they're "out", so to speak. I'm simply saying that there's a huge double standard going on.

Maybe that partially makes up for ever-present risk of being beat to death by a redneck.

1stTimeCaller
3/8/2006, 02:29 PM

name three adult teams that are co-ed? There is your answer.

Frozen Sooner
3/8/2006, 02:31 PM

Because people in our society have hangups about nudity.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 02:31 PM
Go on....

No, seriously.

If I were in a locker room full of women and I knew that a couple of them were gay, it wouldn't change a thing. And for most women, this is probably true. I've been hit on by gay women many times and it doesn't mean anything more than if I were being hit on by a guy. All it means is that another person is attracted to you. It didn't make me 'feel gay' or anything.

It just seems like men have more hangups about it, that's all. And maybe it's because one's more accepted than the other as far as society sees.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:35 PM

Not all of them are. There are co-ed bathrooms in the dorms at OU.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:36 PM
If I were in a locker room full of women and I knew that a couple of them were gay, it wouldn't change a thing. And for most women, this is probably true. I've been hit on by gay women many times and it doesn't mean anything more than if I were being hit on by a guy. All it means is that another person is attracted to you. It didn't make me 'feel gay' or anything.

But you'd feel different if a guy came into the locker room right?

It just seems like men have more hangups about it, that's all. And maybe it's because one's more accepted than the other as far as society sees.

Some of us apparently have huge hang-ups about it.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 02:38 PM

I've heard it desribed as 'tingly' .

TexasLidig8r
3/8/2006, 02:39 PM

In the mid 80s - early 90s, The Starck Club in Dallas had unisex bathrooms... you'd walk in and from time to time, would see rails being done.. and.. sometimes.... fun things in "the stalls."

ah... the memories..... :cool:

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 02:39 PM

Yes.

And I'm not sure where this is going...but...yes.

frankensooner
3/8/2006, 02:40 PM
The people most worried about being ogled by the gay folk are the people probably last people the gay folk would ogle.

If someone, anyone, finds you attractive take it as a compliment. And if they ask you out or something just say no thanks, I'm (insert orientation here).

See, ain't that easy. ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/8/2006, 02:41 PM
I've heard it desribed as 'tingly' .

You thought you were in that fuzzy crab thread, din't you?

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 02:42 PM
You thought you were in that fuzzy crab thread, din't you?

yes

Hamhock
3/8/2006, 02:42 PM
In the mid 80s - early 90s, The Starck Club in Dallas had unisex bathrooms... you'd walk in and from time to time, would see rails being done.. and.. sometimes.... fun things in "the stalls."

What's a rail?

and

What's up with all the homo threads in the SO? I come here for stupid, meaningless garbage with the occasional blowing my drink out of my nose, not to talk about homos.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 02:43 PM
And I'm not sure where this is going...but...yes.

I wasn't going to take it anywhere, but I make no guarantees about anyone else.

SoonerProphet
3/8/2006, 02:45 PM
rails of cocaine. heh, blowing drink out of your nose...I thought the irony was kinda funny.

Hamhock
3/8/2006, 02:46 PM
rails of cocaine.

I thought you bought cocaine in lines?

IB4OU2
3/8/2006, 02:51 PM
That's what I'd like to know.

http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/3894/patnharry4tr.jpg

I knew it. Next round you two will have to get paired up again......

ChickSoonerFan
3/8/2006, 03:02 PM

how YOU doin? :cool:

kidding again...I have no idea what is wrong with me today..sorry.

TexasLidig8r
3/8/2006, 03:03 PM
What's a rail?

and

What's up with all the homo threads in the SO? I come here for stupid, meaningless garbage with the occasional blowing my drink out of my nose, not to talk about homos.

Hock.. Hock.. Hock...

Unisex bathroom... def. -- both sexes get to go in and use the same facilities.... No homos... (since Dean would lock the thread)... :D

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 03:04 PM
I knew it. Next round you two will have to get paired up again......

Oh, we'll be paired up alright.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 03:09 PM

its probably because many of us think about sex 24/7, where women......well, not so much

ChickSoonerFan
3/8/2006, 03:13 PM
its probably because many of us think about sex 24/7, where women......well, not so much

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:14 PM

I've heard that pregnant woman can get pretty randy.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 03:15 PM

Most women, he meant.

*runs away*

crawfish
3/8/2006, 03:18 PM

Yeah, but fortunately "Pretty Randy" gets beat up by irate husbands all the time.

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 03:18 PM

i didnt mean to say you dont ever think about it, but i think as a rule, most women dont come close to thinking about it nearly as much as men do

if you do, you are the exception

and and whats your phone number?

crawfish
3/8/2006, 03:20 PM
Let's face it...if gay guys think about sex as much, or even almost, as I do, then I don't want 'em any where NEAR my naked body.

(Not that I present a particularly attractive product anyway. :O )

colleyvillesooner
3/8/2006, 03:20 PM
i didnt mean to say you dont ever think about it, but i think as a rule, most women dont come close to thinking about it nearly as much as men do

if you do, you are the exception

and and whats your phone number?

You gonna call her from the hospital after Stanley kicks you.. bwhahahahahaha...man, almost made it without laughing :D

Pricetag
3/8/2006, 03:28 PM
Let's face it...if gay guys think about sex as much, or even almost, as I do, then I don't want 'em any where NEAR my naked body.

(Not that I present a particularly attractive product anyway. :O )

The fact of the matter is that none of us really want anyone, save our significant other, near our naked bodies. No matter how good looking we may be, when it gets right down to it, we're all still self conscious about our bodies. Most people in locker rooms (execpt the old dudes who love to stand around naked) just want to get cleaned and dressed up as quickly as possible. I just don't see how there's a whole lot of room for sexual thoughts and ogling.

IMO, it would be worse in a way to be a gay person in a locker room. As a man, just as it would be like watching a room full of girls get undressed, it would also be like getting undressed in a room full of girls who might possibly be checking me out. How many guys out there can honestly say you wouldn't be a bit uncomfortable in that situation?

"I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2006, 03:31 PM
You gonna call her from the hospital after Stanley kicks you.. bwhahahahahaha...man, almost made it without laughing :D

stop it smalls, yer killin me........:D

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:31 PM
How many guys out there can honestly say you wouldn't be a bit uncomfortable in that situation?

"I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"

This is not a problem for me at all. :texan:

BeetDigger
3/8/2006, 03:33 PM
how YOU doin? :cool:

kidding again...I have no idea what is wrong with me today..sorry.

Yeah, what's gotten into you? Wait a minute, don't answer that. :mack:

BeetDigger
3/8/2006, 03:36 PM
Most people in locker rooms (execpt the old dudes who love to stand around naked) just want to get cleaned and dressed up as quickly as possible. I just don't see how there's a whole lot of room for sexual thoughts and ogling.

You work out at a different gym than I do. Personally, there is a lot more open nekkidness in there than I care for.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 03:37 PM
Personally, there is a lot more open nekkidness in there than I care for.

Eyes straight ahead, dude.

GDC
3/8/2006, 03:38 PM

This was a great, Lid-free thread until now. You seriously have wrecked a great forum sticking your unwanted bald-headed whorn *** in at every opportunity. The true Sooners on here have no interest in anything you have to say.

skycat
3/8/2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I had heard that too.

You can't believe everything you hear.

:mad:

BeetDigger
3/8/2006, 04:09 PM
Eyes straight ahead, dude.

They don't see anything from four feet above the floor down. It's like an barrier.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 04:32 PM
Pasha Jackson summed up what living with his roommates is all about.

" 'Sometimes the guys fall asleep and you sit by their bedside, and there is this little moment where you look at them and you know that's your special guy.'

picasso
3/8/2006, 04:35 PM

" 'Sometimes the guys fall asleep and you sit by their bedside, and there is this little moment where you look at them and you know that's your special guy.'
Pasha was 2-0 against Texas though.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 04:42 PM
Pasha was 2-0 against Texas though.
So, apparently the gay thing doesn't matter after all (to answer the original question). ;)

GDC
3/8/2006, 04:48 PM

That's at least the third time you've posted that quote on SoonerFans.com, either you get off on it or you just need some new material, or both.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2006, 04:59 PM
That's at least the third time you've posted that quote on SoonerFans.com, either you get off on it or you just need some new material, or both.
It's a good retort to anyone saying there are no gay people in Norman.

SOONER44EVER
3/8/2006, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't care. Just because hes gay doesn't take away from him being a 5 star recruit from Texas. :D

BeetDigger
3/8/2006, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't care. Just because hes gay doesn't take away from him being a 5 star recruit from Texas. :D

How do you think he earned all of those stars? :mack:

Vaevictis
3/8/2006, 10:35 PM
I would not like to be the guy who started a rumor about Dusty's forbidden man-love-especially if Dusty found out after downing a couple.

He's a scary looking fella. His biceps are almost as big around as my torso.

(Okay, so I am scrawny, but that still makes for damn big biceps)

usmc-sooner
3/8/2006, 10:50 PM

your logic is flawed gay football players do not exist outside of Austin

olevetonahill
3/8/2006, 11:47 PM
A ghey 1/4 back ? hmmmmm
I say only the CENTER would know for sure :eek:

olevetonahill
3/8/2006, 11:48 PM
and as long as hes ok with it weeeellll

Sooner24
3/8/2006, 11:59 PM
I know a girl who was pretty close with Crouch. She denies it.

So does Sheryl Swoops. :rolleyes:

Sooner24
3/9/2006, 12:03 AM
I just hope David Boren lives long enough to see it. :D

Frozen Sooner
3/9/2006, 12:04 AM
So does Sheryl Swoops. :rolleyes:

And hey, she has a girlfriend too!

Maybe Eric Crouch and Cheryl Swoops are the same person?

Sooner24
3/9/2006, 12:08 AM
I just sayin.....

Ardmore_Sooner
3/9/2006, 12:11 AM

But I didn't care.

Why did you think that? I know Carl personally and I can assure you he is far from gay.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/9/2006, 12:11 AM
i have no idea who the rumors would be about, but if i HAD TO GUESS, it would be Q....or JoshI oughta come down there and kick your ***! My two favorite Sooners, man!

If it did come out though, I wouldn't care.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/9/2006, 10:08 AM
Why did you think that? I know Carl personally and I can assure you he is far from gay.

I dunno. I saw him once at the tag agency and he was on the phone talking to someone. I came to this scientific conclusion within 3 or 4 minutes or so - take it for what it's worth.

Which isn't much...:mack:

Mjcpr
3/9/2006, 10:09 AM
I dunno. I saw him once at the tag agency and he was on the phone talking to someone. I came to this scientific conclusion within 3 or 4 minutes or so - take it for what it's worth.

Which isn't much...:mack:

It's because he's a cheerleader isn't it?