PDA

View Full Version : Weather Woodies

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:22 PM
Weather woodies are popping in Norman right now. The Storm Prediction Center has gone with a moderate risk today for the Arklatexoma region.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

You know how if you haven't had any spaghetti in awhile, and so you're really craving spaghetti, and the next spaghetti you have seems like the best spaghetti ever even if it's not really all that great? This is like that.

Mjcpr
3/8/2006, 12:23 PM
You know how if you how if you haven't had any spaghetti in awhile, and so you're really craving spaghetti, and the next spaghetti you have seems like the best spaghetti ever even if it's not really all that great? This is like that.

Is that the kind of spaghetti that takes like 5 seconds to finish?

slickdawg
3/8/2006, 12:24 PM
I'm jealous.

Tornado chasing in Mississippi sucks. All the hills and trees make it extremely hard and dangerous. In Oklahoma, you can safely chase most of them.

Sooner in Tampa
3/8/2006, 12:25 PM
You know how if you how if you haven't had any spaghetti in awhile, and so you're really craving spaghetti, and the next spaghetti you have seems like the best spaghetti ever even if it's not really all that great? This is like that.:confused: Damn...that is a mouthful

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:25 PM
Tornado chasing in Mississippi sucks. All the hills and trees make it extremely hard and dangerous. In Oklahoma, you can safely chase most of them.

Only west of I-35.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:26 PM
Is that the kind of spaghetti that takes like 5 seconds to finish?

Yes.

NormanPride
3/8/2006, 12:27 PM
Ahhh, SDS. I feel for you, my friend.

Penguin
3/8/2006, 12:30 PM
Over a 10% chance of strong tornadoes?

Oh, baby. That's like a 10% chance of having meatballs in your spaghetti. I'd be so excited, I would be finished in 3 seconds!

slickdawg
3/8/2006, 12:31 PM
We'll be lucky to even get rain, while you guys have all the fun.

It's been a freakin' drought since Katrina. Literally 5' of rain in six months.

mdklatt
3/8/2006, 12:36 PM

Pfft. Norman's had less than an inch in the last 90 days. If we don't get a lot of rain before summer we're going to be in a bad way.

Oldnslo
3/8/2006, 12:38 PM
We'll be lucky to even get rain, while you guys have all the fun.

wow.

Y'all down there complain about the weather a lot. First, it's too much rain, now it's not enough rain... make up your mind!

slickdawg
3/8/2006, 01:20 PM
Pfft. Norman's had less than an inch in the last 90 days. If we don't get a lot of rain before summer we're going to be in a bad way.

My inlaws are in Sulphur Springs, Tejas, and have suffered similar issues.
Their foundation is hosed from the drought. I'm afraid it will get worse.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2006, 01:44 PM
Ahhh, traffic jam on Highway 9 going west...