PDA

View Full Version : Tax Refund..

IB4OU2
3/7/2006, 01:46 PM
I just found out I'm getting a pretty hefty refund back. I'm stoked!

Now I can buy that new hybrid I've been eyeing............:D

http://www.theworldofgolf.com/item.asp?page=6604

SoonerWood
3/7/2006, 01:47 PM
Better not let Dave Ramsey catch wind of your big refund!

1stTimeCaller
3/7/2006, 01:49 PM
or Bruce

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 01:59 PM
Better not let Dave Ramsey catch wind of your big refund!

oh boy, don't get me started again.......

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 02:07 PM
oh boy, don't get me started again.......

You don't like Dave? What's wrong with Dave? Nobody told has told me I shouldn't like Dave yet???

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 02:14 PM
You don't like Dave? What's wrong with Dave? Nobody told has told me I shouldn't like Dave yet???

there's nothing "wrong" with dave.

in fact, if everyone in the united states lived on less than they made, the country would be a better place.

my problem with dave is that he paints with a broad brush. i will never agree that his over-simplified investing approach will make me more money than i can on my own......

i also know for a fact that one of his endorsed local providers (may be a former ELP by this time) is a ****ing shyster.

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 02:18 PM
my problem with dave is that he paints with a broad brush. i will never agree that his over-simplified investing approach will make me more money than i can on my own......

Are you referring to you picking individual stocks vs. his mutual fund only advice?

btw...I think this may be my first thread jack...:D

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 02:25 PM
Are you referring to you picking individual stocks vs. his mutual fund only advice?

yes.

and the fact he treats options as if they are the debbil. peoples, i am here to tell you that covered calls will make you money.

there is a time/place for every insurance/investment product on the market. his insistence that such a time/place doesn't exist is what frustrates me about him.

C&CDean
3/7/2006, 02:28 PM
Mason.
Jars.

OU4LIFE
3/7/2006, 02:29 PM
I just found out I'm getting a pretty hefty refund back. I'm stoked!

Now I can buy that new hybrid I've been eyeing............:D

http://www.theworldofgolf.com/item.asp?page=6604

and the Scotty Cameron Futura that's in my closet.

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 02:30 PM
Mason.
Jars.

for chrissakes............

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 02:30 PM
yes.

and the fact he treats options as if they are the debbil. peoples, i am here to tell you that covered calls will make you money.

there is a time/place for every insurance/investment product on the market. his insistence that such a time/place doesn't exist is what frustrates me about him.

You can't be serious. There are many insurance products that exist to dupe the investor and make the agent/company money.

Granted, he can be dogmatic in his approach, but I happen to agree with him that term life is the only way to go. Options can make you money. Big, big money. I'll give you that, but they can also lose you big money. Making money with options is not a guarantee.

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 02:37 PM
You can't be serious. There are many insurance products that exist to dupe the investor and make the agent/company money..

it indeed may be used to dupe someone, but it's never designed to dupe someone. i said a time/place for everything.

Making money with options is not a guarantee.

yes, but making money with covered calls is as easy as falling off a log....

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/7/2006, 02:38 PM
I got almost $3k back. I'm going to cozumel with part of that.

C&CDean
3/7/2006, 02:38 PM
for chrissakes............

I know, everybody would have money and you'd be out of a job.

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 02:40 PM
I know, everybody would have money and you'd be out of a job.

i guess i could get on with the Mason Jar company............

NormanPride
3/7/2006, 02:41 PM
So where should I put my lottery ticket earnings?

OU4LIFE
3/7/2006, 02:42 PM
mason.
jars.

duh.

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 02:47 PM
it indeed may be used to dupe someone, but it's never designed to dupe someone. i said a time/place for everything.

What is the time/place for a whole life product that builds less than 4% of cash value (which you don't get when you die) at three times the premium?

yes, but making money with covered calls is as easy as falling off a log....

So, you're a gagillionaire, right? ;)

critical_phil
3/7/2006, 03:56 PM
What is the time/place for a whole life product that builds less than 4% of cash value (which you don't get when you die) at three times the premium?

when you're in the 20th year of a 20 year level term and use the guaranteed whole life conversion because you've been diagnosed with cancer.

that's a serious answer (i've converted term insurance in this instance before).

time/place!

So, you're a gagillionaire, right? ;)

they call me Bruce........

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 04:08 PM
when you're in the 20th year of a 20 year level term and use the guaranteed whole life conversion because you've been diagnosed with cancer.

that's a serious answer (i've converted term insurance in this instance before).

time/place!

they call me Bruce........

You got me...that would actually be a good time.

How many decimal places do you have to use to get the percentage that whole life is used for this type of purpose?

p.s. Considering I'm a n00b, Is asking about Bruce the same as asking why they call him AD instead of AP? 'Cause I actually know a really rich guy named Bruce who is an OU fan...

1stTimeCaller
3/7/2006, 04:09 PM
You got me...that would actually be a good time.

How many decimal places do you have to use to get the percentage that whole life is used for this type of purpose?

p.s. Considering I'm a n00b, Is asking about Bruce the same as asking why they call him AD instead of AP? 'Cause I actually know a really rich guy named Bruce who is an OU fan...

Does he drive a $43k Yukon?

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 04:11 PM
ahh...The rich Bruce I know doesn't like people to know he is rich. We're talking about a different Bruce.

and if he did, a $43k Yukon is not what he would use as a symbol of his obscene richness.

C&CDean
3/7/2006, 04:15 PM
ahh...The rich Bruce I know doesn't like people to know he is rich. We're talking about a different Bruce.

and if he did, a $43k Yukon is not what he would use as a symbol of his obscene richness.

Is he uglier than the *** end of a menstruating gibbon, thinks he can whoop Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris at the same time with one hand tied behind his back, and an insufferable bore? If not, then he's not our Bruce.

Hamhock
3/7/2006, 04:16 PM
Your Bruce sounds like a lot of fun. Where is he now?

Mjcpr
Your Bruce sounds like a lot of fun. Where is he now?

Lefty's golf coach.

1stTimeCaller
Is he uglier than the *** end of a menstruating gibbon, thinks he can whoop Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris at the same time with one hand tied behind his back, and an insufferable bore? If not, then he's not our Bruce.

although he could be our JohnnyMack with that description:D

JohnnyMack
3/7/2006, 04:28 PM
although he could be our JohnnyMack with that description:D

You told me I was beautiful. :O

1stTimeCaller
3/7/2006, 04:32 PM
beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

JohnnyMack
3/7/2006, 04:33 PM
Invest it all in uranium.

IB4OU2
3/7/2006, 04:40 PM
and the Scotty Cameron Futura that's in my closet.

That too, I need to test drive it. How about this weekend?

OU4LIFE
3/8/2006, 07:59 AM
peem!