PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2006, 09:39 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/03/06/bc.bkc.t25.kansas.self.ap/index.html

Self is whining and crying cause he didn't get a trophy!
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :eddie: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mack: :( :( :( :( :(

SoonerBBall
3/6/2006, 09:57 PM
Is anyone else sick of KU backdooring regular season championships?

Cam
3/6/2006, 10:01 PM
He's actually got a pretty good point.

If two teams tie, they either both get trophies, or neither one of them should.

It does seem pretty bush league for that to happen.

Fugue
3/6/2006, 10:14 PM
Is anyone else sick of KU backdooring regular season championships?

as long as that is the only backdooring going on up in Lawrence, we should all be happy. :eddie:

JohnnyMack
3/6/2006, 10:15 PM

They didn't tie. Saxet bitchslapped them like Ike slapped Tina.

Cam
3/6/2006, 10:19 PM
They didn't tie. Saxet bitchslapped them like Ike slapped Tina.
Then we can't count last year?

SoonerBBall
3/6/2006, 10:21 PM
Then we can't count last year?
We tied Kansas' record and beat them in the regular season last year. This would be the second year in a row that Kansas is co-champions with a team that beat them in the only game they played in the regular season.

Are you a closet 'hawk or something?

Cam
3/6/2006, 10:44 PM
Nope. Can't stank KU fans. Just know if the shoe was on the other foot, this board would be spewing venom at the Big 12 office.

The regular season title is given based off of overall record, period. In a tie, all schools get to rightfully claim a share of the title. The tie breaker is only used for the conference tourney, nothing else.

sanantoniosooner
3/6/2006, 11:13 PM
Nope. Can't stank KU fans. Just know if the shoe was on the other foot, this board would be spewing venom at the Big 12 office.
you've GOT to be joking.

a double standard.........here........:confused:

;)

SoonerBBall
3/6/2006, 11:26 PM

The regular season title is given based off of overall record, period. In a tie, all schools get to rightfully claim a share of the title. The tie breaker is only used for the conference tourney, nothing else.

You're right, people would be throwing a fit. I just can't stand KU's holier-than-thou attitude and think it is funny that they talk about their greatness, then share the title two years running with teams that have whupped them.

AustinTXHorn
3/7/2006, 03:48 AM
KU gets a trophy. Self is mad that they didn't get to celebrate with it right after their game like Texas did with ours.

If he wants to bitch about it, he should stay within 25 of us.

I don't recall Texas fans or Mack Brown going nuts above that co-Big 12 South champs trophy a couple of years ago.

Big Red Ron
3/7/2006, 04:24 AM
KU gets a trophy. Self is mad that they didn't get to celebrate with it right after their game like Texas did with ours.

If he wants to bitch about it, he should stay within 25 of us.

I don't recall Texas fans or Mack Brown going nuts above that co-Big 12 South champs trophy a couple of years ago.Uhm, that's just cuz he invented it. even put it on rings and stuff.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/7/2006, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE=AustinTXHorn]KU gets a trophy. Self is mad that they didn't get to celebrate with it right after their game like Texas did with ours.

If he wants to bitch about it, he should stay within 25 of us
QUOTE]

I'm inclined to agree with this fan of a team which I don't want to mention on Tues. KU is the conference co-champ. With the unbalanced schedule the difference between this year for us and last year is that we played KU in Norman and beat them. So while KU did have to play @:texan: they got us at home. I have no problem with them being co-champs.

The "whiny bitch" factor in this though is the complaining about :texan: celebrating with the trophy on television.

The radio guys on 610 sports in KC were whining about it too. One of them claimed that a couple OU players and one of the coaches flipped them off last year after OU beat KU.

I generally don't have a problem with KU but they need to seriously just STFU and try to win the Big 12 Tourney.

This is the sort of stuff Mack Brown was doing prior to this year.

JohnnyMack
3/7/2006, 10:08 AM
I don't recall Texas fans or Mack Brown going nuts above that co-Big 12 South champs trophy a couple of years ago.

Didn't you fags make rings for that?

n8v_ndn
3/7/2006, 10:36 AM

:eddie:

A Big 12 official told The Associated Press the problem was with the trophy company, Bush League Trophies, in Oklahoma City.

IronSooner
3/7/2006, 04:39 PM

Which was probably thought up by people like Bobby Bowden, who insist that bowl games are nice at the end of the season because it lets teams who would otherwise lose, go out on a winning note and feel good about themselves. Sports aren't about feeling good about yourself, it's about winning. If you want to feel good about yourself, call your mama.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/8/2006, 11:56 AM
BTW, you can really lump the 610 radio guys into the whiny bitches category because no KU player made the All Big 12 first team. Of course 5 players were 2nd team or honorable mention. Not that Rush isn't very good but he has a much better supporting cast than Jackson or Stinson. Anyway one of them went on a rant because KU was "clearly the second best team in the Big 12 this year" I know our blown lead in Lawrence is well documented...but..we the difference between OU being the 2nd or 3rd right now is 1 point on KU's home floor (that's before you talk about officials swallowing their whistles). Barely, the second best team I might buy. We will see. If OU beats KU in the conference tourney it will be billed as KU "not showing up".

The only thing that is clear to me is that they should stop trying to polish Bill Self's codpiece and quit the bitching..

SoonerBBall
3/8/2006, 12:36 PM
And somehow, this thread just started rocking codpieces.

picasso
3/8/2006, 01:04 PM
just hit the local bar tonight and you can tell Bill yourself. just keep your gf at a distance.